YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

continue the journey
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-08 11:14 AM (#68990)
Subject: continue the journey

Greetings everyone. I'm thinking Ystan's post filled that last page on Zzzuluwarrior and Friends. I hope nobody minds the title for the next 20 pages or so. If this one is no good, everyone will have to write more often, and fill more pages so we can start another new thread. That's if the forum itself cooperates with us. Knock on wood, as my Mother says. Really, I don't have much to say right now as a topic, just wanted to look around on the forum, see how everyone was, and say hi. Hope you are all well, Shelly

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ystan
Posted 2006-11-08 12:25 PM (#68994 - in reply to #68990)
Subject: RE: continue the journey

Dear Shelly, this is a Great title, thanks for a Good start! Namaste.
judamom
Posted 2006-11-08 3:58 PM (#69001 - in reply to #68990)

That is a great one Shelly----it is so good to be able to get back on forum. TSSundaram does not get to see how highly we speak of him to one another if it isn't posted on the forum. He surely gets good vibrations and does not know from where they come. Continue..........Good wishes to all who read this.....we do love additional input even though we seem to have bonded in such a wonderful way.....zzzuluwarrior and friends. World Peace begins with each individual. Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-09 9:27 AM (#69045 - in reply to #68990)

Good Morning, thanks for not getting down on me for my corny title. I was inspired by my friends here. I'm sorry Tssundaram is posting on Zzzuluwarrior and Friends, and I can't see his posts there. I added to it, hoping it would pop up, but no. I'm hoping he'll read this, and post here. And also, that Zzzulu finds us okay when she gets back. What am I talking about, she's a smart woman, she'll find us. Shelly
judamom
Posted 2006-11-17 2:39 AM (#69486 - in reply to #69045)

TSSundaram--I just read your post concerning powdered ginger and will give it a try. Do you not find that 'milk' creates a problem with your body? For a person used to using milk it may be an adustment for a short while but it may well be worth eliminating it--say for 2 weeks to a month and see if your 'cronic cold' improves along with any joint pain. You might substitute it with Soy Milk. Just a suggestion. We want you to feel your very best at your wonderful age. It is so good to be here. I was beginning to think I may never get back on......which was a subtle message that "I had nothing to say". That will be the day! Ystan, I am here, please join me with your wonderful attitude and energy!! ZZZulu it will be great to hear some of your knowledge from your lastest seminar. Have we yet learned why you put the "zzz" on zuluwarrior, as TSSundaram inquired? We know Zulu is a family dog of the past. I do have a dog story to share with you. I adopted a Katrina Survivor......a delightful chihauhau that someone spent much time training. I had debated for months about getting a dog. I have a 'pet door' on my porch from previous owners of my home so it just seemed appropriate that I have a pet. It was a small door, so I wanted a small pet. One day my car just drove into the Humane Society and I said I just wanted to "look". Everything was big and not to my liking but as I was leaving they said "Oh, we have one more but he just had his surgery this morning so we have him in a separate place. I looked into the little cage and there he was looking at me with his big brown eyes pleading for me to take him home. I needed time to think about this. I talked to several friends and everyone said I should get him. I had had a chihauhau years ago so a was partial to the breed. Even though they are characteristically 'yappy'. Two days later I went back and adopted him. To my delight he was of such a wonderful personality. He loved everyone....I changed his name to Smiley because he literally smiles he is so happy......and he does not bark.....only if something takes him by surprise. Anyway, we became the best of friends. He loves to travel so I decided to attempt a long car ride with him as my companion. We are on our way home and I passed a Mom/Pop looking roadside place selling bar-b-qued spareribs. I am a vegetarian but vacations are a time to go off of my rigid diet and I was on my way back home and knew I would be back to normal so I would take this one last opportunity to taste something I had not had in years. Plus it might be a treat for Smiley also. I believe in healthy lifestyle for my dog as for myself and he is not allowed people food (and what dog would want vegies besides) Can you imagine being a pet of a vegetarian if you are a dog? Dratts!! Anyway, I ate one rib and it was not to my liking so I was going to keep it for Smiley when we got home. It came with baked potato and beans of which I totally enjoyed. He could not possibly eat them in the car because they were very messy. We arrive home after driving alone for 12 hours and I am felt like a zombi. I just needed to do a couple of things and then I needed sleep. I spread out a towel and gave Smiley one rib. The container was open on the table. I lay down on the couch and instantly fell sound to sleep. When I awoke a few hours later, Smiley was laying on the towel---bar-b-que sauce all over it and bits and pieces of meat and bone scattered (but mind you, all on the towel), the box that the ribs came in was totally empty, licked clean. He looked like he had had such a wonderful, dream come true, time I could not even scold him. I just laughed so hard. If he was not so well behaved that to imagine him getting up to the table and helping himself to something there unbelievable in itself. He had kept it all on the place I had designated. If you could see how small he is and the amount of meat he had devoured and the sauce all over his face. He must have sensed that this was going to be a one time gig and he could not restrain under any consideration. I smile everytime I remember it and thought you might get a giggle out of the story. Namaste Health and Happiness to all. Judamom P.S. I did not mean to forget Shelly........I am here, it might be easier than trying to teach you patience. Patience may just come with age. I am certainly more patient now than 20 years ago. Maybe you can rest knowing it will just come......like it or not.
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-11-17 3:24 AM (#69489 - in reply to #68990)

Hi all
so great to see this new continue the Journey. Sorry about the absent. I don't always have computer access these days.

What I have learned:
World Peace: One savasana at a time.

After the holidays, hopefully I would have sort out the notes to share with you all.

In the meantime, we can all share what we've learned recently in class or from books.

Love to all

zzzulu
ystan
Posted 2006-11-17 6:07 AM (#69492 - in reply to #69486)

Hi Judamom, I thoroughly enjoyed your story, your new journey with a new companion Smiley. What a great way to start to our thread! You may have to take a BIG detour when you next pass the barbeque sparerib place! Lol. Smiley smiles and say YUM. Namaste
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-17 8:22 AM (#69497 - in reply to #68990)

Whew, what a relief. I was feeling that I was such a whining brat yesterday no one would want to talk to me again. I think I might have been stamping my feet again. I'm so happy to read the posts here, Yay, Judamom is back, and Zzzulu also. Juda, I love the story about Smiley. Sometimes we're going along thinking this or that happened by coincidence, but how can that be when the results are so perfect. Surely it was meant to be. Also, I think it's ironic when people find out I make quilts, and say I don't have the patience for that. What? Life requires patience, quilts just require fabric and time. Because I can tackle a long term project doesn't mean I have patience.

Zzzulu, most of what I learn isn't from a book or classroom, but from constantly wondering about the life I'm living, and watching others. Not the easiest way to learn surely, but when I learn a lesson, boy, do I learn it. Of course the hardest part is applying the lesson, and making changes. Sometimes I think I'm making a choice, and really I'm doing the same thing again, and I have to think harder, and try something else. Not that I have anything against classrooms or books, I love books actually.

Ystan, I wanted you to know that I think about what you wrote about your Yoga Nidra class. I don't actually try to conjure up any feeling that might be labeled negative, but if I'm feeling something that's irritating me I think on what you wrote. I think about how I might describe the feeling in negative terms, but really it's just a feeling. Then I let myself feel it. Then it fades away. I'm not wanting to call up these feelings, because they happen enough on their own naturally, but it's good to not avoid my own feelings. Anytime you want to tell us more, know I'm interested.

Tssundaram, Hope to see you posting soon. I feel as though I'm bullying you, and I hope you don't feel that way. I'm looking forward to reading the wisdom contained in your writing.

One thing causing disturbance in my brain is that people can't learn from other's mistakes. That to me is a big fault with mankind. Seeing the same mistakes made over and over, some people can't even learn from their own mistakes. It seems so dismal at times. I'm trying to do my best, not to continue making the same mistakes, it's lots of work. I wish world leaders would do this work also. I'm not trying to be a bummer now, but if anyone has another way of thinking on this, another perspective, I would like to look at it from another angle. Namaste.

Edited by bstqltmkr 2006-11-17 8:24 AM
judamom
Posted 2006-11-17 8:30 AM (#69498 - in reply to #69489)

WORLD PEACE!! Yes!! I listen to PBS news every morning at 5 a.m. and snatch every tiny encouragement that sifts through the world unrest. I keep thinking we will all wake up any day now and realize that killing one another is no salution to anything. If only we will respect one another and communicate........I said to my Grandson, "I just want to see World Peace, in my lifetime." With no hesitation he said, "It is possible!" Everyone else has said things such as "Never Happen!" "You're Dreaming" "Sorry, it has gone on too long to end in the near future."......to which I say........"Unless we can imagine it, it will never happen" I love John Lennon's song "Imagine" and that is what I will continue to do. That is why I love this forum so. I have friends around the world and we can share and listen and laugh together. There is no time for disagreement because we are busy learning from one another and encouraging each other to experience life the very best we can!! I love you all................must go to work.....I even love my work. I concentrate on putting love vibrations into the walls I am painting. Good to be back on forum. Truly Namaste Judamom
ystan
Posted 2006-11-17 9:42 AM (#69509 - in reply to #69497)

Shelly, initially I was not sold on the need to experience negative feelings, I have always live in positive territories and felt I belonged to the “positive land”, negative feelings are undesirable and should be worked out of my system totally, how wrong can I be? Through the study of Yoga, I realized there is no positive in the absence of negative, there is no happiness in the absence of sadness, if we are realistic, we should welcome both feelings, while we remain non-attached to these feelings, we can avoid the extremes and move towards a more balanced and blissful state. The more we allow ourselves to experience the feelings, the better our sub-consciousness can work to release it. This is one of the many practices of Yoga Nidra. Whether Yoga Nidra is effective or not, one will have to try it out and find out for themselves, one can start by reading this subject. As for benefits to me, I am more sensitive to my feelings, have better concentration, deeper but shorter sleep, and my monkey brain is been inactivated to a great extend. I think I have grown from a baby into an infant Yogi JJJ. Namaste
ystan
Posted 2006-11-18 1:18 AM (#69578 - in reply to #68990)
Subject: Exploring Mudras and Bandhas

This thread is set up for zzzuluwarrior and friends (all are welcome!) in their exploration of Mudras and Bandhas. Namaste 

Edited by ystan 2006-11-18 1:32 AM
judamom
Posted 2006-11-18 2:05 PM (#69628 - in reply to #69578)
Subject: RE: Exploring Mudras and Bandhas

We are bouncing around abit but the topics grab me and I will go between 'zzzuluwarrior and friends' and 'continue the journey' so I do not miss anything. I am not at all familier with Mudras and Bandhas, and am VERY interested in the chakras and if this is connected. I have also been into reflexology of hand and foot so it ties into that also. How great of TSSundaram to write to the Author of the book to get more information. Yahoo, I love this forum!! Hi all! Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-18 7:20 PM (#69650 - in reply to #69628)

Unfortunately, I don't know very much on either subject. I'm reading though, wanting to learn.
ystan
Posted 2006-11-19 12:02 AM (#69660 - in reply to #69650)

I too have little understanding of Mudras. Let's be good aspirant students who cultivate patience, sit in this thread and meditate while waiting for the teacher. I remember reading this, "When the student is ready, the teacher shall appear.." J Namaste 

tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-19 11:53 AM (#69692 - in reply to #68990)

To all:- Shelly opened the flood gate to "continue the journey" and we witness a deluge of 14 posts waiting in the queue for us to read and digest . Good start and Great opening ceremony. The second page will start now .I am really happy, now that we will be meeting quite often
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-20 6:09 AM (#69740 - in reply to #68990)

judamom:- No malice meant to you, judamom. Good day to you. Moving the scroll wheel of my pc mouse forward and backward on this first page of this newly born thread "continue the journey", I always pass by your marathon post starting with my name and bearing # 69486. In all, on that post 48 lines you have typed. You have broken the record. Where did you get the time for this? The longest post ever written so far by anybody in this forum is yours . And in honour of your having created history, I feel I must abdicate or surrender to you the title "Honourable" which all of you have so kindly and affectionately given to me and prefix your name and decorate it with the same title " Honourable". Kindly accept our suggestion. We are also trying to see if your name can find an entry in the guinness book of world records. This is written in a lighter vein. You are in our heart. Our respectful regards to you. Enjoy reading this. post.
judamom
Posted 2006-11-20 7:12 AM (#69745 - in reply to #69740)

TSSUNDARAM----long winded and 'of many words' is not a prerequisite of the title Honourable, in my humble opinion. It might be quite the opposite. I think you deserve the title 'honourable' still, for your wisdom and experience but I will be learning from you so I will be deserving of the title when I reach my 80th year. Fifteen years to go. Since my grandmothers both lived into their 90's there is a possibility of me reaching 100---that is one of the reasons I take my health so seriously, besides not having medical insurance, and quality of Life being so important to me. I will accept being a resident honorable one for the next 15 years along with ystan, shelly and zzzulu. How is that? Good to see you here----maybe we can get back in the grove again. Oh, also, I always put the time for the forum at the top of my priority list of things to do each day. I had longed to share the dog story with zzzulu since I learned she was a friend to dogs. I just waited till I had enough time. I love stories and intend to share them from time to time. Life IS an ongoing story, right? Shelly said she wanted to hear my stories and with that type of encouragment Yow! For now, I must get my day started. Namaste Judamom
ystan
Posted 2006-11-20 7:31 AM (#69747 - in reply to #69740)

TSSundaram: - due to my work, my computer screen is wide and set to small fonts, I have hard time reading long posts, by the time I read from left to right I lost my next line!! I then resort to copy long post into MS Words and enlarge the font so it is easier for my eyes. About a week ago I bought a dictionary software which incidentally has speech capability, it is the best thing that has happen to me! I now can afford to make myself a nice cup of coffee, relax and ENJOY listening to Judamon telling her story of Smiley, I can tell you she “speaks” into the forum! The only tiny problem is when she writes  "........", my computer went dot dot dot dot dot dot dot..J

Judamon, I love dogs too, so do Shelly, so keep your story coming!

Namaste everyone

bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-20 7:42 AM (#69748 - in reply to #68990)

Good day to everyone. It's been a while since I felt like this on a Monday morning, sort of excited by life. Things are going well here, the weekend was so nice. I was mostly with my family, having a nice time, and yesterday I even took a nap. My husband did all the cooking yesterday, my daughters didn't fight at all, ah, it was all so wonderful. I picked up some dog treats made from salmon for Mokey the dog, so everyone in the family was pleased. Of course given the choice he would probably pick the bbq ribs like Smiley. I know for sure that he wouldn't be so neat about eating them though, and he would have buried the bones in my yard. He loves to do that.

Well, it's time to figure out my day, I had put the big quilt top away while I worked on some small projects, I'm thinking I should take it out and work on it. I should also do some strengthening asana poses when I practice later, I'll be quilting soon which I do by hand, and I want to avoid any carpal tunnel problems. So far that's it for my goals today, besides holding on to this good attitude for as long as possible. I'm feeling the love, thanks Juda, and am sending my own out into the atmosphere. Shelly
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-20 1:01 PM (#69771 - in reply to #68990)

Hi Ystan, I came back to see how things were, and found you and I were posting at the same time earlier, and I missed your post. I was wondering what your new software thinks of this, , I was just wondering what it would say about emoticons. I hope the voice is pleasant. Haha, couldn't resist one more time.
ystan
Posted 2006-11-20 2:38 PM (#69778 - in reply to #69771)

Hi Shelly, the software is not that smart in recognize emoticons! It only reads text. The voice is monotonous but acceptable; it lacks in emotion but compensates with good pronunciations, just right for a lazy person like me. The Yoga.com forum should award Judamom with more stars as her one post is equivalent to at least 5 of mine! Namaste
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-21 7:51 AM (#69803 - in reply to #68990)

Hi Ystan, I think technology is pretty amazing, it would be too much to ask that it be emotionally responsive also. Not to mention, it would be weird to hear a computerized voice getting all sympathetic, or whatever. I'm glad you're enjoying the software. Did you ever tell us what kind of work you do on your computer that requires you adjust your settings that way? Sorry if I forgot.

Good Morning Tssundaram, Judamom, Zzzuluwarrior, and the world. It's silly to say good morning, as if we're all experiencing morning at the same time, but that's what feels real to me right now, and so that's what comes out. I'm wishing I could write something really deeply inspiring to us here, or at least amusing, but no, I have a wish to communicate with my friends, mixed with writer's block.

Okay, I'll tell you something about my life. My daughter's asked me on my last birthday, what do you want for your birthday? They were a little disappointed with my answer that I want World Peace. They said how about something we can give you. Okay, I relented, how about peace in my household, you girls can give me that. So, that's what I got, along with a box of chocolates, and a soduko book. Good Deal, right? It's a step toward World Peace.
judamom
Posted 2006-11-21 10:58 AM (#69810 - in reply to #68990)

Shelly, your words made me recall one Christmas when I was living with my son (who was a single parent at that time). I was running his house for him, saving him child care expense, and at the same time changing careers myself so it benefitted everyone involved. The grandchildren were 7 and 5 (girl and boy) and sibling rivalry was rampant. The same type of thing happened where the children asked what their Dad wanted for Christmas and he said, "No arguing between the two of you!" They decided that for the entire month of December they would get along totally----AND THEY DID!! It was so wonderful we could hardly believe it. Unfortunately, as soon as the month was over they went back to normal and maybe it was even harder to tolerate knowing they 'could' get along well if they wanted to. Since I live alone, it is always peaceful--unless I am picking on myself (which I am capable of doing). I do not have to work very hard at remembering what a household of 4 male children was like. We moved to the country especially to raise the boys and I would be rich if I had a nickle for everytime I said, "Get outside if you are going to rough house." They say they remember me always saying, "If you can't find something to do, I will find something for you" and they would all dissappear. Bye Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-21 11:15 AM (#69812 - in reply to #68990)

Judamom, we have so much in common, if my girls say their bored, I tell them I'll find them something to do. I don't hear that too much anymore. Namaste. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-11-21 12:30 PM (#69821 - in reply to #69803)

Today I attended a Yin Yoga class. Yin is feminine, as opposed to Yang, masculine energies. After hearing positive remarks from fellow students I decided to give it a try. As when I entered the studio, I noticed the lights were dimmed, there were 5 big candles burning brightly, the sound of stream water flowing, and I was surprise we have props of small bolsters and pillows! The studio was transformed into a cozy place. The teacher explained Yin Yoga is not about competition or build up of muscles, it works on the ligaments which is nearer to the bones and hidden beneath muscles. The poses were each held for 5 minutes, which is not an easy task. Imagine doing Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Pose), folding the torso onto foot for 5 minutes, not using strength / muscles, let go and allow gravity to do the job. Well it turned out to be the most relaxing Yoga class I have attended, and as the teacher promised, no heat and no sweat, in fact the body temperature dropped. Oh yes, there are many male students in the class; they must have found it good too!

Shelly, I am a stock trader and hence big and wide screen to filter out information. 

Well wishes to everybody and especially to zzzulu, do keep a less taxing schedule! Namaste

Edited by ystan 2006-11-21 12:33 PM
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)