YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lemonade diet
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

zenergy47
Posted 2006-11-02 10:55 PM (#68817)
Subject: lemonade diet

has anyone heard of this.. any good or bad thoughts??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-11-03 10:39 AM (#68821 - in reply to #68817)
Subject: RE: lemonade diet

Expert Yogi

Diets with a single food/drink in the title are usually a really bad idea, IMHO. Joscomt and I are marketing the new, radical and 100% effective low-crap diet. I highly recommend it. Send money and I'll tell you what it is!
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-11-03 1:06 PM (#68832 - in reply to #68817)

zenergy47 - 2006-11-02 10:55 PM

has anyone heard of this.. any good or bad thoughts??

Why is the choice for Lemonade? Why not just pure water?
SCThornley
Posted 2006-11-03 1:20 PM (#68833 - in reply to #68817)

I'd rather it be

Jellybean Diet

or

Lemon-Lime Sherbet diet.

Why do the diets always have to be so lame?

kulkarnn
Posted 2006-11-03 2:18 PM (#68835 - in reply to #68833)

SCThornley - 2006-11-03 1:20 PM

I'd rather it be

Jellybean Diet

or

Lemon-Lime Sherbet diet.

Why do the diets always have to be so lame?

laaM, leeM, luuM, laiM, lauM, laH... New beejamantraMs.

Posted 2006-11-06 11:48 AM (#68895 - in reply to #68817)

everyone knows you follow the pistachio diet SCT.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-11-06 11:48 AM (#68896 - in reply to #68895)

zoebird - 2006-11-06 11:48 AM

everyone knows you follow the pistachio diet SCT.

it's true

Posted 2006-11-06 2:38 PM (#68921 - in reply to #68817)

yeah i've heard of it...

i did it a couple times, and had mixed results. after my last venture into it, though, i was left with some health problems for about five months afterwards. i don't know if there is necessarily a connection between the two, but i probably will not undertake this diet again.

if you're looking to cleanse, i think there are better ways to do it...
realmxofxnoise
Posted 2007-03-13 10:16 AM (#79968 - in reply to #68817)

I've heard of this diet, and know someone that is actually trying it because he's heard about Beyonce doing it or something silly like that.

From what I've read, it must have stemmed from a power-cleanse that's been used. The only recommendation I would have with this diet, is strictly use it (you'll have to modify it some) for cleansing purposes. To follow it for a long period of time as a diet, your health will definitely worsen.

I myself, follow a vegan diet and have been doing so for 10 years now. Since taking up Yoga a few weeks ago, I already feel a difference in my overall health. Another recommendation is finding a diet to follow that you don't consider a 'diet.' Making a lifestyle change seems to make you keep up with it.

If you're thinking about something called 'lemonade diet' - I'd reconsider. A power-cleanse might not be so bad, but definitely do not strictly live on lemonade for a long period of time.

Oh yeah - this is my first day on the forums, so thank you for this opportunity. It really seems like this is a great, positive place!
OptiMystic
Posted 2007-03-13 11:15 PM (#80022 - in reply to #68817)

Yes, I am familiar with it, though I hate seeing it touted as a diet. It is a cleansing fast suggested as an ocasional detoxification routine. Medical science says that if you want to cleanse you need to replace the bad with good; in other words eat a proper diet free of toxins. Liquid fasts can actually slow down the process. If you are in good shape, science also says that an occasional short term fast will do you no harm. I think that an occasional fast can have positive results in the mind/body connection and can help you achieve more control over urges, but I prefer water. That is for largely mental reasons - I don't feel compelled to drink a certain amount because I prepared it and don't risk fooling myelf into thinking that I am getting some meager nourishment out of it.
susanchain
Posted 2007-03-14 5:11 PM (#80058 - in reply to #68817)

i like lemonade, but as a diet, i'm afraid that it may harm the stomach.
Or not to drink too much?
i usually add some honey in it.
YoGanesha
Posted 2007-03-15 9:47 AM (#80103 - in reply to #68817)

Please don't do this. Beyonce looks like crap, she's not even fit and lean.

the sugar in this diet alone will make you look like you aged 10 years.
ecochuck
Posted 2007-03-22 3:18 AM (#80803 - in reply to #68817)

Someone asked why they can't just consume water. People prefer to drink lemonade rather than water. The site below tells how with water, the cleansing takes place faster. It was not just Beyonce who lost weight, but Robin (Howard Stern's assistant) had always been fat. In People Magazine she told how she learned about it from magician, David Blaine. He thinks that the master cleanser lemonade fast works like magic (pun intended).

She lost 73 pounds from doing it 3 times and for the first time, she is no longer ashamed of her body. See this site for the bad things about the lemonade diet or lemonade detox diet, the good things (like losing weight) and how it compares to juice fasting and water fasting plus quotes from The New England Journal of Medicine and 17 different MDs. Note that there are 2 forums that I know of that only discuss the master cleanse lemonade diet and nothing else. That is how popular it has become. Lemonade Diet and Fasting
OrangeMat
Posted 2007-03-22 7:41 AM (#80812 - in reply to #68821)

tourist - 2006-11-03 10:39 AM Joscomt and I are marketing the new, radical and 100% effective low-crap diet. I highly recommend it. Send money and I'll tell you what it is!

Ooh, can I get on the bandwagon with that one too? How is it packaged? Hey, what about a non-crap option? Sign me up!

Edited by OrangeMat 2007-03-22 7:43 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2007-03-22 8:43 AM (#80815 - in reply to #80803)

Expert Yogi

Just because that lemondade diet fast is popular, does NOT mean that it is a healthy thing to do.  Loosing weight this rapidly is VERY BAD FOR YOUR body.  It really F**cks with your intestines and will only cause future problems.  Future problems of OBESITY and other internal organ related problems in the long run.  Besides, Cayenne pepper taken in this manner is not good for people with strong Pitta dosha's, and can aggravate Vata and Kapha if taken improperly.  It will eventually bring on too much internal heat which is another problem altogether.  Best to just drink plain ole' Lemonade.  Or better yet....

One way to assist with weight loss in a moderate way, is to drink either a hot or cold freshly squeezed lemon drink/tea by steeping the entire lemon, drink with a teaspoon of honey, first thing in the morning. Then wait 30-45 mins before having breakfast or Chai.  Then drink nothing but water or green tea throughout your day and eat fresh vegetables, a variety of cooked grains and Dal, and less meat.  It's very simple.  Eat a piece of fruit in placement of an evening meal as well.

Edited by Cyndi 2007-03-22 8:44 AM
ecochuck
Posted 2007-03-23 12:25 AM (#80908 - in reply to #68817)

Yes the English language is strange. Losing sounds like it should be spelled with 2 'O's but it is not spelled loosing. This is the most common spelling mistake on the internet. If you lose weight, the fit of your clothes is loose. This webpage explains why you cannot lose weight too fast. Can You Lose Weight Too Fast so you are loose as a goose?

With the lemonade diet or fasting, that quick weight loss is due to losing retained water. The reason you lose that water so fast is because you lose the substance that is causing the water retention. This substance is not a food but Americans eat a lot of it. It is salt.

If lemonade has an obscene word for sex effect on your intestines, then why do suggest drinking lemonade. The reason that the lemonade diet is popular is for people who want to lose weight fast. After someone loses the weight fast, then things are just like they are normally. If you eat too much fattening food after the fast, you gain the weight but that is just like how it is for everyone even without doing the fast. If someone eats and exercises in a way to lose weight, that will happen for everyone whether they have just done a fast or not.

If you bathe today, it makes you clean today, but it does not guarantee that you will never get dirty. If you get dirty again, you can bathe again. The lemonade diet or fasting cleans your body on the inside. When it was created there was not a big obesity problem so it was created to help health thru internal cleansing, not lose weight so your clothes become loose. My site on it (above posts) is the only one that I ever have seen that says you do not need to use cayenne pepper in it and tells when cayenne pepper can be bad for you.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)