YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hindu Caste System
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2006-10-18 11:18 PM (#67511 - in reply to #67505)
Subject: RE: Hindu Caste System

Expert Yogi

kulkarnn - 2006-10-18 10:54 PM

Brother SCT: Now, we know what you can do with your lower caste. Please show us what you do with your upper caste.

That's a great one NB!!

See, STC, how's that for lightening up...ROTFLMAO,

Like I said...IMO, it was ugly and should of been kept private. I just felt the picture didn't pertain to the thread of conversation, felt disrespectful and totally out of place...not to mention, it was real close to your private area which is all hairy and well, I guess I like modesty when it comes to public forums and especially when practicing yoga. It kinda reminded me of a particular and famous episode of the Andy Griffith Show where Ernest T. Bass kept trying to court Charlene, even after she and Bud got married. Because they didn't have a church wedding, Ernest T. felt it wasn't official and Charlene was still available. So, he courted Charlene by singing in the middle of the night, by blowing in a bottle and singing some songs that were well, lets just say, to the best of Ernest T.'s ability. Needless to say, the next day, poor Barney had to dress up in a white bridal gown and pretend to be Charlene, while Andy and others married Bud and Charlene by a preacher wedding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-10-19 10:05 AM (#67542 - in reply to #67511)

Expert Yogi

Well, I was going to say that SCT is fond of the non sequitor to lighten things up, but then the Andy Griffith show arrived and.... Where was I ???
SCThornley
Posted 2006-10-19 11:29 AM (#67568 - in reply to #67147)

Well then

This calls for some belly dancing!!!!!
SCThornley
Posted 2006-10-19 11:30 AM (#67569 - in reply to #67147)

Well then

This calls for some belly dancing!!!!!

(fat-man.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fat-man.gif (7KB - 55 downloads)
PurushaPrakriti
Posted 2007-12-24 3:31 PM (#101061 - in reply to #67147)

Varnashrama Dharma, or 'Caste System', is one of the most misinterpreted and misrepresented parts of 'Hinduism'.

Class, in India, comes from eduction, nobility, and culture. As a matter of fact, a person who is noble, well educated, and cultured, is an ARYAN!

Class in the West, wrongfully IMO, is equated with wealth. In the days of old, especially in England, nobility by birth existed in society. These nobles were expected to fulfill certain duties and behave a certain way in society whereas a commoner such as a mason or fruit vendor is not expected to do so.

Class comes from action (karma), character (guna), and by birth (varna). The Caste System came about because people's strengths were recongnized and was structured in a way such that the whole society would be strong. The Sudras took care of the laborious tasks such as farming, construction etc., the Vaisyas took care of the economy (businessmen/merchants), the Kshatriyas protected the people and ruled the kingdom (Kings/warriors etc.), and the Brahmins took care of the spiritual aspect of living; for the well-being of ALL the people in the society! In principle, Varnashrama Dharma is truly advanced and practical. However in practice, people tend to discriminate and subjugate others given the chance; human nature is to blame, not the System!

Although not every Brahmin born will be a priest or well versed in the Vedas or every Vaisya is cut out to be a businessman, their predispositions towards their respective fields is what earns them their title. Although a Sudra can change his tendencies to act like a Brahmin and become vegetarian and a teetotaler, it is highly unlikely that one would do so. The Caste System is based on the strengths of each group of people for the benefit of the society as a whole!

Westerners and many Hindus themselves never understood this and constantly denigrate Hinduism and in fact use this a tool to dupe the illiterate masses of India to convert them.

Remember, the dalits are descendants of dacoits, murderers, rapists, and other unwanted elements of society from the days of yore. Ask yourselves, what is your ancestry? Are you of noble birth? If not, are your actions and character noble? Then you are an Aryan!

Oh, that is another HUGE misconception as well. People think Aryan is being white. LOL.
It comes from the Sanksrit word 'Arya' meaning 'noble'; by birth AND character/action. That is why most 'Brahmins' are considered to be Aryan. Nobody else is.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)