YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First crystal bowl experience
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

vegplot
Posted 2006-10-11 5:20 PM (#66882)
Subject: First crystal bowl experience

In a recent yoga workshop I attended, the day concluded with a crystal bowl relaxation. I was totally awed at how the vibrations seemed to resonate to my very core. It was a wonderful experience, and I am thinking of buying one. I have noticed they can be very expensive, so I wondered if anyone could recommend a good one?

Many thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-10-11 10:27 PM (#66924 - in reply to #66882)
Subject: RE: First crystal bowl experie

vegplot - 2006-10-11 5:20 PM

In a recent yoga workshop I attended, the day concluded with a crystal bowl relaxation. I was totally awed at how the vibrations seemed to resonate to my very core. It was a wonderful experience, and I am thinking of buying one. I have noticed they can be very expensive, so I wondered if anyone could recommend a good one?

Many thanks

You liked the sound of bowls, I hope. Not the look. Why do you want to purchase the bowl? Just get the sound recorded and make a CD and play it.
vegplot
Posted 2006-10-12 5:37 AM (#66940 - in reply to #66882)

Hello Neel.

Is it possible to get the same experience from a CD? I do not know enough about the crystal bowl to comment to any depth, but I would have thought a CD version would lose some of the resonance of the bowl - an important aspect of the experience.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-10-12 9:52 AM (#66957 - in reply to #66940)

vegplot - 2006-10-12 5:37 AM

Hello Neel.

Is it possible to get the same experience from a CD? I do not know enough about the crystal bowl to comment to any depth, but I would have thought a CD version would lose some of the resonance of the bowl - an important aspect of the experience.

First, I could not figure out whether it is a crystal bowl which you hear or look through. Now, that I know it is something to hear: a) Who played the bowl when you liked the vibrations? Or, can anyone create those vibrations using the bowl? b) If the former is true, then you must go to that person with your recorder. A high quality recorder will give you very close to what you experienced. c) If the later is true, you go to the friend who has it and make the vibrations yourself and record them. d) Yes, I agree that if the later is true and you can purchase the bowl, you should purchase it. But, if the later is not true or if you can not purchase the bowl, recording shall server the best possible purpose.

May be I shall record something for you and send by mail soon. PM me.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-10-12 10:21 AM (#66962 - in reply to #66957)

Expert Yogi

Vegplot,

Steven Halpern has an excellent Crystal Bowl Chakra CD...I play it alot in my home. It sets a peaceful atmosphere and can be used for meditation if you like to do that sort of thing with bells. There is some chanting (sounds like Tibetan monks) on this particular CD as well. Take care,

Posted 2006-10-12 12:07 PM (#66986 - in reply to #66882)
Subject: RE: First crystal bowl experience

the experience of the CD is not the same, but it is good for meditation anyway.

i have a crystal bowl that i play rather frequently for myself and my classes. I'm hoping to get another one later this year (for christmas). it's sort of my 'standing' christmas gift until i have the whole set.

i do have a CD and it is different. the resonance isn't as 'powerful' for lack of a better word--the vibrations arent' the same. but, the CDs are great and i do like to use them. They do clear the energetic space pretty nicely and they are functional.

but it is different.
ystan
Posted 2006-10-12 2:35 PM (#67005 - in reply to #66940)

In addition to the beautiful sound that clears our mind, when one hold the singing bowl in one’s palm and the other hand moving the wooden striker round the rim of the bowl, the vibration / resonance penetrates the hand chakra beneath the bowl, and enters the body, this brings an uplifting experience; the physical presence of the bowl provides calmness and beauty to the environment; making the bowl sings beautifully needs practice and patience, these benefits are not found in the music CD, but I’m sure the music CD has other things to offer too. Namaste
AKBrooker1
Posted 2006-10-17 2:02 AM (#67303 - in reply to #66882)
Subject: RE: First crystal bowl experience

Vegplot, Did you happen to notice which of your chakras the bowl resonated with? I believe they are typically created to resonate to a particular chakra and you can tell by the color band on the handle of the striker--or maybe by where it resonates with your body. I own three of different sizes and different notes/chakras.
vegplot
Posted 2006-10-17 8:38 AM (#67315 - in reply to #66882)

Hello everyone - you have all been really helpful with your replies - many thanks.

I didn't notice a particular chakra resonate, but I since understand how different bowls resonate different chakras. With this in mind, and from the bowls you already possess, which bowls do you think are most universally appealing? For example do the higher chakra bowls resonate in a pitch which is harder to endure, for some?

I will be talking to my teacher this week (future teacher training next year) regarding these bowls, and I will post his opinions also.

Edited by vegplot 2006-10-17 8:39 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)