YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sinus infection
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

ania
Posted 2006-09-23 7:16 AM (#65157)
Subject: sinus infection

Hi all, again coming here looking for solutions or at least ideas. I have a bad sinus infection, can only keep my head up, no bending (pain). Is there anything that might help?
thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
joscmt
Posted 2006-09-23 7:55 AM (#65161 - in reply to #65157)
Subject: RE: sinus infection

look into the boiron homeopathic remedies... however, if it's a full-blown infection a course of meds may be the answer.
I have sinus issues a few times/year. I use the Kali Bichromium Boiron remedy the minute I begin to feel that telltale weight in my sinuses. I have been able to avoid a full blown infection for 9 years now... and that's from someone who used to get 4/year.. seasons changed, I got infection.
However, it's important to note that with homeopathics, you really need to investigate your symptoms. There are several remedies for sinuses- that particular one works for me, but their may be a different one that works for you. They have a little blue book to look in. YOu can usually find these at any health food store.
Hope you feel better

Posted 2006-09-23 8:32 AM (#65166 - in reply to #65161)

I have chronic sinusitis that is helped by regular netti use. Occaisionally still get the infections but now only yearly vice four times a year (each season).
Orbilia
Posted 2006-09-25 6:35 AM (#65299 - in reply to #65166)

Same here, Bruce. I still get sinusitis with a cold but the Jala Neti seems to assist faster clearance and far less totally snuffed-up-ness. I also get fewer infections than in my pre Jala days. There has been some scientific research that confirms my experience is shared.

Fee
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-09-25 10:42 PM (#65363 - in reply to #65157)

ania - 2006-09-23 7:16 AM

Hi all, again coming here looking for solutions or at least ideas. I have a bad sinus infection, can only keep my head up, no bending (pain). Is there anything that might help?
thank you.

Ideas: Correct Diet, Sufficient Sleep, NO Jalaneti while your nasal passage is NOT perfect, and a class from experienced Yoga teacher, and regular Yoga Practice.
bipinjoshi
Posted 2006-09-26 12:36 AM (#65374 - in reply to #65157)

1. A combination of Sitopaladi Churna + Mahasudarshana Churna + Abhraka Bhasma is effective decongestant. Take it for four months. Of course consulting your doctor is recommended.

2. Put two drops of Anu Taila or Shadbindu taila in each nostril and then inhale vapours coming from hot water. This you can practice safely at your home.

3. There is also one strange remedy. Try with caution. Put two drops of Garlic Juice in each nostril. It gives stringent sensation but clears sinus effectively. I read this remedy in one of the book by Dr. Vasant Lad.

Edited by bipinjoshi 2006-09-26 12:36 AM
pamela
Posted 2006-09-26 3:49 AM (#65384 - in reply to #65157)

Hi Anna,

That sounds painful!

You could try a facial dip: put your face in a bowl of warm salt water and blow bubbles (about 3-4 tsp salt in as-warm-as-you-can-tolerate) water. The water works its way up into your sinuses and helps flush out the offending bacteria and viruses. Taking a hot shower, eating something spicy, or warming your body before the dip will help loosen things up a bit.

Also, vitamin C. You're body will use a lot of it when you have an infection.

Get well soon,

Pamela
Beginner Yoga Video
Cairns Yoga
SCThornley
Posted 2006-09-26 10:01 AM (#65413 - in reply to #65157)

ania - 2006-09-23 7:16 AM

thank you.

Jala Neti has always cleared things up for me, for 16 years now.

http://intothescentedgarden.com/

this salt is the best salt I've ever used, it is the greatest!

I do jala neti every day in the morning to keep things very clean. While those around me seem to suffer, even those in my family in my house, I progress unaffected.

Regular jala neti use may help.

Good luck.
tourist
Posted 2006-09-26 10:44 AM (#65421 - in reply to #65413)

Expert Yogi

ania - twists can be very helpful with sinus issues. A soothing pose for this is sitting with crossed legs, forehead on a chair, arms crossed over your head. If you can get some weight on your shoulders (sandbags are great) it feels very nice and can help relieve the pressure. Good luck!
ania
Posted 2006-11-17 6:06 AM (#69491 - in reply to #65157)

Hi all.
away from the forum for a couple of months. The sinus infection back again though. Regular practice and good eating/sleeping seemed helpful, but ...now as for jala neti- some people say its good for sinus infection, some say it shouldnt be done with infections...I will go see a doctor, but right now am in japan, and have found that starting with common cold everything here is cured with x-rays first and then a dose of antibiotics that would kill a sumo wrestler... dont know...
????
ania
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-11-17 7:08 AM (#69495 - in reply to #69491)

ania - 2006-11-17 6:06 AM

Hi all.
away from the forum for a couple of months. The sinus infection back again though. Regular practice and good eating/sleeping seemed helpful, but ...now as for jala neti- some people say its good for sinus infection, some say it shouldnt be done with infections...I will go see a doctor, but right now am in japan, and have found that starting with common cold everything here is cured with x-rays first and then a dose of antibiotics that would kill a sumo wrestler... dont know...
????
ania

If you go to a Doctor and also continue Jalaneti, choose the one who does Jalaneti. If you go to a doctor who gives antibiotics, choose the one who takes antibiotics themselves. And, if you did something which was found helpful, stick to that thing than other things.
andyum
Posted 2006-11-17 12:20 PM (#69528 - in reply to #65157)

I also have a past of suffering from sinus infections. It seemed that every time I got a cold it would turn into a sinus infection. I would treat it with antibiotics at the time. To prevent reoccurance, I use the old tried and true ways to keep the nasal passages clear: breathing in steam, hot tea, hot soup, spicy food, etc... I do this several times a day when I have a cold and I do not use any cold medicines. Since I have taken this approach, I have not had another sinus infection.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)