YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tibetan Healing Singing Bowls
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

SingingBowl
Posted 2006-09-19 3:03 PM (#64784)
Subject: Tibetan Healing Singing Bowls

I am very excited about this forum. What a great source of information.

Many people have asked about my new website offering some detailed information about different spiritual products from Nepal and Tibet. You can learn more about Tibetan Singing Bowls, Temple Gongs, Meditation Bells and Dorje, Buddhist Tingshas, Tibetan Prayer Flags, and even Herbal Tibetan Incense.

Please feel free to email me with questions.

Peace,

Jeff
http://www.silverskyimports.com
silverskyimports@gmail.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mishoga
Posted 2006-09-19 3:13 PM (#64788 - in reply to #64784)
Subject: RE: Tibetan Healing Singing Bowls

Expert Yogi

WOW, you have some nice items at great prices!

Mish
Cyndi
Posted 2006-09-19 10:54 PM (#64812 - in reply to #64788)

Expert Yogi

Another good resource for Tibetan Buddhist items is, tibetanspirit.com they have a vast selection with great prices too! Nice folks to do business with as well. One of the main reasons I like to support this company is because of their Helping Others Policies, which I posted below. I know for certain these are reputable people. Bauer and his partner have given so much to the Tibetan community.

A portion of Tibetan Spirit’s profits goes toward supporting Tibetan Buddhist ordained nuns and monks in India and Tibet, as well as selected Dharma centers here in the United States. In addition, we also support organizations dedicated to the preservation of Tibetan culture and the well-being of the Tibetan people both in Tibet and abroad.

ACHI FOUNDATION

Several years ago, the prior owners of Tibetan Spirit created a charitable foundation to further and support various projects of His Holiness Drikung Kyabgon Chetsang Rinpoche. These projects focus on preserving the precious Dharma by supporting monks and nuns in their quest for Enlightenment to benefit all beings.

Nuns' Residence Project

Due to the increasing number of nuns escaping from Tibet, there is a great need for their housing, clothing, medical care and education at the Drikung Kagyu Institute outside of Dehra Dun, India. A nunnery financed by donation through the Achi Foundation only a few years ago, is already filled beyond capacity. Now, an increasing number of nuns require additional proper housing and other support. Your contribution can make a difference in the quality of these women's lives and their spiritual practice.

Monks' and Nuns' Support Program

Currently there are over 200 student monks and nuns at the Drikung Kagyu Institute, and countless more in Tibet, Nepal and Ladakh who require food, clothing, basic medical care, texts, and school materials. At least $25 per month per individual is necessary to adequately provide for their needs. Your support will make it possible for many of these student monks and nuns to eventually become spiritual leaders.

Pujas

Pujas are spiritual practices performed to assist all beings in their quest to excape the suffering of samsara and achieve Enlightenment to benefit others. The blessings of your generosity can be increased by giving an additional donation to sponsor one of more of the following pujas. The minimum suggested donation per puja is $25.

Green Tara (Success in spiritual and everyday activities)
Medicine Buddha (Health and well-being)
Amitayus (Long Life)
White Umbrella (Removal of bad obstacles and negativity)

Other pujas may be possible. If you have something specific in mind, please contact us for more information.

To Donate

Donations to the Achi Foundation are 100% tax deductible and are coordinated through the Tibetan Meditation Center of Frederick, Maryland, a non-profit organization in the Tibetan Buddhist Drikung Kagyu tradition. Please contact us directly here at Tibetan Spirit or mail your contribution to: The Achi Foundation, c/o Tibetan Meditation Center, 9301 Gambrill Park Road, Frederick, Maryland 21702. Attention: Bauer Knight

OTHER ORGANIZATIONS

There are many worthwhile organizations throughout the world involved in making life better for others, both spiritually and materially. We encourage you to find at least one that feels right to you, and to support their good work.

May all beings benefit from your generosity and compassion!

Edited by Cyndi 2006-09-19 10:58 PM
mishoga
Posted 2006-09-20 4:25 PM (#64875 - in reply to #64784)

Expert Yogi

That's definitely a worthy company to give business to. Thanks for sharing that Cyndi!

mish
Mary A
Posted 2006-10-29 3:59 PM (#68453 - in reply to #64784)

Listen to the sounds of the bowls here:

http://www.silverskyimports.com/category/Singing_Bowls.html

its so cool!
Gruvemom
Posted 2006-11-07 8:53 PM (#68974 - in reply to #64784)
Subject: RE: Tibetan Healing Singing Bo

Just to chime in here (no pun intended) I have bought 2 bowls recently from Silver Sky Imports on Ebay and was extremely happy with both items.
Great item, great price/packaging/shipping/communications!
I will definitely buy more - and because I know which note/chakra each bowl is tuned to, I was able to give gifts that were just that much more thought ful... an E for a friend w/ difficulties in the solar plexus, a D for a friend who has some sacral issues...Waiting to buy an F for myself!
atsiskyrelis1
Posted 2007-01-13 7:15 AM (#73915 - in reply to #64784)

I have one tibetan singing bowl too. I have bought it when I was in India.
I'm very happy I have this one. It became like my friend, actually . The sound it produces is so unheard of and wonderful that it mesmerises everybody who had never heard it before.
Playing it a longer time empties the mind so it is very useful to use before meditation, especially concentration.
The sound reminds the mantra Aum and is quite similar to the sound of rising kundalini - the sound of vibrations.

Good luck for all of you, my friends!
Rain Gray
Posted 2009-08-31 2:26 PM (#118049 - in reply to #64784)
Subject: Re: Tibetan Healing Singing Bowls

Personally, I've found incredible Tibetan singing bowls at http://www.Bodhisattva.com They've got a wonderful website with tons of really high quality photos, Mp3 sound samples, videos, history of the bowls, etc. They ship worldwide and offer a 30-day satisfaction or your money back guarantee. And they give a percent of their profits every year to the International Campaign for Tibet. Check it out!

Edited by Rain Gray 2009-08-31 2:28 PM
SingingBowls
Posted 2009-08-31 3:36 PM (#118056 - in reply to #64784)

Yeah, I can vouch for Naga at Bodhisattava, I ordered 2 singing bowls from there a few months ago. I have a growing collection (12 right now) and love to use them in my meditation. I'm a little obsessed LOL.

http://www.singingbowls.me
callofsedona
Posted 2014-01-07 9:09 PM (#211270 - in reply to #64784)

Veteran

We have the same interest buddy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)