YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loosing hair!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Sunnybird
Posted 2006-09-11 4:54 PM (#64253)
Subject: Loosing hair!

I seem to be shedding lots of hair lately, more than the normal amount. Does anyone have any experience with rapid hair loss and what can be done to alleviate it please?! (sorry, doesn't really have anything to do with yoga!!)

Sunnybird
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-09-11 6:32 PM (#64259 - in reply to #64253)
Subject: RE: Loosing hair!

typically, it happens a few times a year--people tend to shed more.

otherwise, it's typically a nutritional deficiency. eat more nutritious food.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-09-11 6:49 PM (#64263 - in reply to #64259)

Expert Yogi

It can also be from Kidney imbalances as well. That is according to TCM theory. Loss of hair and premature aging go hand in hand in this department. It's kinda complex and really you should discuss it with your doctor. Sometimes Vitamin E will help these kinds of deficiency's, but first you need to have yourself examined to rule out all the external causes.

Here in the USA, there is a great line of hair products that I use for healthy hair - Alterna. You should check out the Caviar line within the Alterna line, its their anti-aging formula. I absolutely love this shampoo/conditioner duo. The White Truffles is a great line as well, I use it weekly Jennifer Anniston uses it for her beautiful long hair, although it is quite pricey, but very well and the best quality that your money can buy.

For daily use, I use their Shine Shampoo, because I have blonde hair, its an orange based product that is perfect for blondes. The Caviar is a twice a week thing cause I'm becoming an old lady and am starting to age, Just kidding, its a miracle product IMO,

Good luck.
redrox
Posted 2006-09-13 5:32 PM (#64401 - in reply to #64253)

Are you trying to eat fewer carbohydrates for some reason? Sometimes hair loss is associated with ketosis and low carb/ketogenic diets as well.
Sunnybird
Posted 2006-09-14 7:34 AM (#64424 - in reply to #64253)

I think I eat far too many carbs Redrox, not the other way around...LOL
Dunno whats going on right now with my hair (or lack of it), will get to the bottom of it though

sb
pamela
Posted 2006-09-15 4:38 AM (#64487 - in reply to #64424)

Hi Sunnybird,

How's your stress level?

I've seen people loose hair from stress. It is happening to my mom now. She is feeling a lot of stress right now and her hair is falling out.

After retirement, one of my former-coworkers came to the office holiday party. She looked like a new person. It turns out she had a large thinning spot on the top of her head and would wear a wig. After leaving work, her stress levels dropped and her hair came back - no more wig.

On the other side, I have noticed my hair getting thicker and growing faster with the way I have been eating for the last year-and-a-half. It is a moderate carbohydrate, moderate lean protein, and moderate good fat diet. Most of my carboydrates come from fresh low glycemic fruits and vegetables (very few grains and refined sugars), low-fat protein (like white-meat chicken and turkey, seafood, and whey protein isolate), and fats like almonds and olive oil. There is a bit of science behind it, but the cool thing is that it works for me, and I've seen other people get healthy with it too. Healthy stuff, all in moderation.

Pamela
Yoga Cairns
Yoga Audio
Yogeeraj
Posted 2006-09-25 2:41 PM (#65344 - in reply to #64253)

Enjoy "Strees-Free" Life!
Change your shampoo to suit your health.
Eat more Nutritious food!

The last but not least, perform daily and regularly "Shirshasana" Yogic practice without fail.

Good Luck!

Yogeeraj
spacecitypaula
Posted 2006-09-28 11:54 PM (#65701 - in reply to #64253)

Is there anything else that's changing besides the hair?????

It could signal some kind of hormonal imbalance.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)