YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

zzzuluwarrior and friends
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 13 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-08 12:24 PM (#68993 - in reply to #62876)
Subject: RE: zzzuluwarrior and friends

Judamom:- I saw your e-mail just now.Then I tried our Forum and to my surprise I got access
immediately without any difficulty in the first stroke itself. A technical man may be able to tell us somrthing about the bad behaviour of the Forum, But I am not a tech. Personally I like the forum for all of us to meet rather than the e-mail. One reason that strikes me is that zzzulu is away now. I may be wrong. Best wishes. T.S.Sundaram.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-09 8:24 AM (#69034 - in reply to #62876)

zzzuluwarrior:- After your departure for the Ayurveda camp for a week, the FORUM in your name and style where we all meet normally, is not opening when we want . Please do return immediately when the one week is over. I think the forum needs your presence nearby. Hope you are having a nice time there and enjoying the camp. Best wishes.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-09 9:20 AM (#69044 - in reply to #62876)

Tssundaram, I'm sad to not be able to view your posts here. I think there are too many pages involved with this thread. I hope you will come and join us, and post on "continue the journey". I want to be able to access your wise words and inspiration as easily as possible. Shelly
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-09 10:13 AM (#69046 - in reply to #62876)

ystan:- I am in the process of reading the article, a long one, on Yoga Nidra by Swami Jnaeshwara Bharati, reference about which you have made in your post # 64504 sent to us as far back as 19th September 2006. Better late than never,I send my thanks to you for the site address given by you.. It will take some time for me to finish reading and understanding the same. Just to know what it is. That is all.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-09 10:24 AM (#69049 - in reply to #62876)

To all:- Here is an old Chinese proverb I read just now:-
" The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."
ystan
Posted 2006-11-09 11:56 PM (#69088 - in reply to #69049)

Dear TSSundaram, the meaning behind this proverb is one can accomplish a gigantic task which may have looked impossible upfront, by taking small steps, working on it tirelessly and with one-pointedness. Another word, no task is too big if one works on it diligently.

My first thought: If removing the mountain is the pathway to self-realization, and the daily removing of stones is the practice of Yoga, when the mountain or hindrance in our hearts are removed, underneath lies the vast spacious emptiness of joy and bliss.

On second thought: why do this man want to remove a mountain? Clearly he is not a nature lover. He could have climbed the mountain, practice meditation, and enjoy the view from the top? Perhaps the mountain is not the hindrance after all? J

Have fun and Namaste everyone.

ystan
Posted 2006-11-10 12:05 AM (#69089 - in reply to #69046)

Dear TSSundaram, I am glad you pick up the article; I looked forward to future discussion which will help me to deepen my understanding of this subject. By if it is not your area of interest, please stop perusing. Namaste
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-11-11 1:32 AM (#69139 - in reply to #69088)
Subject: removing the mountain

Dear all
it's so good to be able to get to the forum again. I had trouble getting on last week.
Thank you for thinking of me.

The old man who removed the mountain
TSSundaram, Thank you for the quote.
Ystan, the reason the old man wanted to move the mountain was that villagers had to go around the mountain to get to town, and it was a long way around. So he decided to "remove" the mountain to make it more convenient for the people. This was what I read a long time ago in one of those children's books. I think Nature lover applies more to city dwellers than ancient farmers, because they are always living in Nature.

The week away was very inspiring. I don't know where to begin to share with you all, so I shall go through my notes and reorganize them first before sharing.

Good to be home.

Good to see you all again.

namaste
ystan
Posted 2006-11-11 7:32 AM (#69145 - in reply to #69139)
Subject: RE: removing the mountain

Zzzulu welcome back to the forum! As you can tell from TSSundaram's post#69034, he missed you so very much, and you are away for 1 short week. I wonder what will happen if you need to be away for 1 month J Everyone have a nice weekend, Namaste.

tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-12 2:22 AM (#69170 - in reply to #62876)

bstqltmkr:- Your Post # 69044. This was sent by you to me on 10th instant informing of the difficulty in getting the forum. Yesterday and today till now, I did not have much difficulty in reaching the forum. Kindly try again. We all miss you very much. Give a bit of rest to the thread and needle. Reach us via the e-mail otherwise please. zzzuluwarrior has returned after her one week Ayurveda camp and we are eagerly awaiting to read her exploits there. Good luck.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-12 3:18 AM (#69173 - in reply to #62876)

ystan:- Your post # 69044 0f 10th Nov. Yes, I had reserved the Yoga Nidra article you had so kindly sent to us for reading when I am free, as it was a long one and not a light topic to understand as many others are. For me Yoga Nidra by just reading is really very difficult to understand, leave alone practicing it. These subjects I just read to know something ,that is all.

Take for instance meditation. You have Transcedental meditation, Raja yoga meditation, Sahaja yoga meditation, then Vipasana meditation and like this many more. If you ask me some thing about them I will certainly fumble. I daily carry on with my rhythmic breathing, I like it. It has certain beneficial influence in me, I can feel it. For meditation, I just close my eyes and sit for 10 to 15 minutes, thoughts come--and thoughts go, and then finally get up. In spite of my writing all these ystan, I want to know a little bit of YN. Because "Nidra" a sanskrit word means "sleep", and by practicing it, you can get complete relaxation of the body and mind. It is said that it is a harmonious blended condition of the body in half sleep and the mind in half abstraction. So it is definitely a great relaxation technique. Let me slowly go forward with the NG article and shall come back to you, ystan. Best wishes.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-12 6:02 AM (#69176 - in reply to #62876)

To all:-
Negative energy can be dispelled or prevented by keeping a vessel full of saline water in any corner of the room in your house.
For preparing saline water, follow this method:- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of cooking salt into 7 to 8 mug full of water.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-12 6:21 AM (#69177 - in reply to #62876)

To All:-
On taking Bath. This is easy to follow and costs nothing.
The most correct and appropriate way to take bath is like this:- First of all, drop water ---cold or hot ---on your feet and soak from feet upwards. When entire body is soaked fully with water, you can take bath as you wish. If water is dropped on the head first, there can be greater chances and danger of a heart attack. The book says that 90% cases of heart attack occurs after water is dropped on the head, and this is one reason why most heart attacks occur after taking bath, and especially when water is poured on the head and heart. ( Source---Copied from Indian Book --"Mudra vigyan")
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-12 9:35 AM (#69186 - in reply to #62876)

To all my friends:-What? Every second Yoga, Yoga, Yoga or Ayurveda camp or diet. Have some lighter moments.
ON WORDS:-
A husband read an article to his wife about how many words women use a
day... 30,000 to a man's 15,000. The wife replied, "The reason has to
be because we have to repeat everything to men... The husband then
turned to his wife and asked, "What?"
The wife said "See".
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-12 10:38 AM (#69187 - in reply to #62876)

Tssundaram, your last post was very funny. Was that yourself and your wife you were writing about? I'm just teasing you.

Yesterday I did no sewing, but ran around taking care of things with my family. The day before, the sewing wasn't going too good. My current project is a dress for someone I love, which is way more complicated that I realized when I agreed to make it. The production isn't really a problem, it's just taking far longer that I figured on. On Friday, I really wanted to finish it, but I sewed a piece on inside out. It took a long time and effort to fix my mistake, and when I took my break, I was going to come here and post. I was going to say that it was good news to be back where I started. Instead, I went back to work. I still have to make a belt to match the dress, but all the hard work is finished. Unless I make it hard on myself, which I've been known to do in the past.

So, I've been a bit busy with family and chores. Not enough asana practice or meditation, but tomorrow will be quiet. Hope everyone is well. Shelly
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-12 12:03 PM (#69195 - in reply to #62876)

bstqltmkr :- Nice to see your post 69187. I am glad you could at long last get into the forum and meet all of us. You have been busy with your household chores, and am glad you have found some time to get in touch with us. I am very happy to read your mail after quite some time.
Talking of Dress making in which you are very much involved these days, I can say with the little knowledge I have, after seeing others working on sewing is that, Home Dress making is tremendously creative, rewarding and fun too. I say creative because, every moment, fashion is changing these days, new styles are appearing , and standard patterns are developed and adapted.
Another aspect that comes to my mind when I talk of dress making is that, these days in the market, a wide range of natural and synthetic fabrics are available--in fantastic colours and designs-- which should give Shelly tremendous scope to use them to her best advantage. After finishing the dress Shelly, do you work on embroidered decorations too on it. I can tell you that patience is what is required in your hobby.
A single person doing selection of fabric, pattern lay out, cutting, stitching, fitting and if decorations are required then embroidery work on it, are the things which can dilute or weaken one's enthusiasm at times.But then you say that you are known to do hard work in the past.That will certainly come to your help always. Any way you like the work, a hobby and I wish you strength and stamina and all the best.
Piel
Posted 2006-11-12 12:37 PM (#69198 - in reply to #62876)

Forum Administrator

we all had problems getting on the site - we had some pretty major technical difficulties last week. I hope they are now all resolved....
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-13 6:38 AM (#69233 - in reply to #62876)

To all:- The chinese proverb on moving the mountain which I had quoted in this column has elicited two different interpretations from ystan and one from zzzuluwarrior. Enjoyed reading them.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-13 11:51 AM (#69249 - in reply to #62876)

zzzuluwarrior:- We are waiting for you, to hear about your experience in the camps. There is no hurry. Please take your own time. You have already marked your presence here on 11th inst. with the mountain.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-11-13 7:45 PM (#69280 - in reply to #69177)

Expert Yogi

I think this thread finally froze to its final death.....ZZuluwarrior and all....look, you guys made 21 pages...I can't believe it,
ystan
Posted 2006-11-14 2:16 AM (#69286 - in reply to #69280)

Cindi, on the contrary, it is warming up, on a fertile land of unlimited nourishment of peace, warmth, care and love, the thread will grow tall and healthy, does self renewal (e.g. adopting a new name) once every few months, please join in and have fun. Namaste
ystan
Posted 2006-11-14 2:42 AM (#69288 - in reply to #69198)

Thanks Piel for your kind attention. We will be happier if access to this site is made less problematic. As for me, I do not have the access to the emoticons and to attach a file, can you help? Namaste.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-14 7:21 AM (#69297 - in reply to #62876)

Ystan and all :- You must have heard about " MUDRA ". Simple method to practice. No special and arduous efforts required to perform. Can be used as an alternative medical therapy. Comments, views welcome.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-14 10:14 AM (#69307 - in reply to #62876)

Good Morning to everyone. The dress is finished and gone, and labeled a success by it's new owner. The forum was a breeze to log on to, does life get any better?

New challenges are awaiting me today. Mainly, can I keep my schedule without getting frantic. That will be my theme for today I'm sure. The way the rest of the week looks, I'll be thinking on this for a while. There are too many appointments on the calendar this week, which means I have to watch the clock, which means franticness. Someday I'll make peace with the clock.

We haven't heard from Judamom for a while, I'm hoping her visitors aren't wearing her out. Have a good time with your company Juda, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Oh yes, and Zzzulu, I hope you aren't lost in your workshop notes. Probably out playing with Ninja, I hope so anyway.

Tssundaram, this doesn't really go with your Proverb, but this story involves a mountain, and rocks, so I'll tell it. One time my husband and I went to hike a mountain closeby. The people who maintain the trail had set a huge pile of rocks at the base, and asked hikers to carry them up to use at the top as an aid against erosion. Well, my husband and I filled our pockets, and he carried one in each hand, which he used to tap against each other all the way up to the top. We got to the top, with him tap-tapping all the way. At the top, we saw the pile where to unload our rocks. Then we had our lunch, had a nice refreshing break, enjoyed the scenery, and began our hike down off the mountain. Sometimes we've seen people on this mountain, sometimes not, so it didn't surprise us that we were alone all day. Finally, we were back at the begining of the trail, getting ready to go, enjoying the peace and quiet of the mountain, and through the stillness, I hear this tap-tapping of rocks, the exact sound that I heard going up the mountain all day. My husband and I say Bigfoot was following us, trying to communicate to us. Now when I see them trying to scare people with the Bigfoot legend, I get irritated. Bigfoot is a gentle soul, who just wants to communicate, too shy to show his face.

Kind of silly, I know, but funny too. Enjoy today, Shelly

PS. This was all written earlier, my daughter showed me how to save it, and it was pasted in later. Oh well, its all good.
ystan
Posted 2006-11-14 10:27 AM (#69308 - in reply to #69297)

TSSundaram, can you please elaborate on proper practice / usage of "Mudra" and its benefits? For easy learning you can consider introduce 1 mudra a week. Currently I know and use two simple mudras, jnana mudra during meditation/pranayama, and the Namaskar mudra. Namaste and wish everyone stay centered.
Jump to page : < ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 13 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)