YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

zzzuluwarrior and friends
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 14 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-15 8:27 AM (#69368 - in reply to #62876)
Subject: RE: zzzuluwarrior and friends

To all my friends for their information:- This is about Dry Ginger Powder and my experience with it.
Excerpts of the letter I have written to the manufacturer/supplier of Dry Ginger Powder, I am reproducing below which is self-explanatory.

+++++++Thank you very much for your letter dated 13th october giving me detailed information about the medicinal properties and use of Dry Ginger.

The reason for approaching your company for the above deatails is that I am a regular user of your Dry ginger powder, not by consuming it via the food I take, but by adding the powder, a teaspoon in milk at night and taking it before going to bed every day. I am doing it for the last 2 to 3 months and am finding it very effective for my chronic cold.

I very often used to get cold, then running of the nose, cough, suffocation at times, etc due to change of weather .Then also, if I take curd or coconut water or tender cucumber, or orange, grapes etc. All are cold items. Allopathic and homeopathic treatments were of no avail.

In Ayurveda, ginger is a commonly used item for all medicines. So, I thought I must try Dry ginger and add it in my daily intake of food. As I said before, I take it along with milk daily at night.. So far, it has helped me very much in warding off all the above cold and other sicknesses. Tomorrow I do not know what its effect will be on me . But I have full faith on it. ++++++++
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-15 11:20 AM (#69384 - in reply to #62876)

Hi Tssundaram, I like Ginger also, and use it often in my cooking. I've never tried it in milk, but then again, I'm not much of a milk drinker. I would also like to second Ystan's suggestion that you write more about Mudras, and your experience.

Hi Ystan, My frantic week is half way over, by tonight the rest will be smooth sailing on momentum I've been building. I'm doing my best to stay centered. Thank you for the lovely reminder. Time to get at it, Shelly
Cyndi
Posted 2006-11-15 5:53 PM (#69418 - in reply to #69286)

Expert Yogi

ystan - 2006-11-14 2:16 AM

Cindi, on the contrary, it is warming up, on a fertile land of unlimited nourishment of peace, warmth, care and love, the thread will grow tall and healthy, does self renewal (e.g. adopting a new name) once every few months, please join in and have fun. Namaste

I see that. Well, perhaps this thread will go down in the yoga.com history books.

Ystan, I was just sent a email virus with the name ystan. It was rejected and detected by my server. You didn't do that did you??? I couldn't imagine....ystan must be a popular name huh??
ystan
Posted 2006-11-16 1:38 AM (#69440 - in reply to #69418)

Dear Cyndi, lately I have been bombarded with many virus emails with names of users in Yoga.com whom I have not communicated with. I was lucky to have antivirus software protection, but I did not know the virus uses my name too!  I wonder if there are others who receives virus email from "me" and I pray for their computer's immunity and safety! Namaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-11-16 10:12 AM (#69457 - in reply to #62876)

This is the last post on this page again. Please don't make me go through the agony of the slow start on another page. Last time it was up to four posts before I could even view it.

Tssundaram, I tried to move us over once before and started another thread. Please could you post there next time? And also Zzzulu, when she returns? The title is continue the journey, or perhaps start another one? Or teach me more patience, I'll deal with it. Shelly

PS. I wouldn't consider this death to this thread, perhaps reincarnation?

Edited by bstqltmkr 2006-11-16 10:14 AM
judamom
Posted 2006-11-17 1:39 AM (#69485 - in reply to #69457)

Yahoo!! I finally got on.......I am moving to 'continue the journey' as requested by Shelly. See you there, hopefully. Judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-17 11:38 AM (#69526 - in reply to #62876)

To all our friends about "MUDRA".:- ystan's post # 69308 and bstqltmkr's 69384. Both of them have asked for some information about Mudra. I am not practicing the Mudras, but have read something which I condense below :-

Before I say something about this subject, may I caution every body with the following few words. This is not mine, but from a book on Mudras..
"If any mudra is practiced without any apparent cause, it can bring
about damage instead of any relief. Hence never practice it without
any reason and unless it is really needed.'
( Quoted from page 19, first three lines from the book "MUDRA VIGYAN".)
I am nobody to comment on the above, but am hearing this for the first time .

Now coming to Mudra, this is a magnificient science, ignored by many to practice in the present age, due to which the common man is the sufferer out of ignorance of the subject..

Human body and nature are dependent on five elements namely, Fire (or Sun), Air (or wind), Vacuum ( or sky or space), earth and Water.
The above five elements are seated in our body and represents an organ or a group of organs as under:-

Fire From Anus to heart Represented by Thumb.
Air From Heart to Eyebrows Represented by Index finger.
Vacuum Forehead Represented by Middle finger.
Earth From Feet to Knees Represented by Ring finger (4th finger)
Water From Knees to Anus Represented by Small finger.

These five elements cause various types of natural disturbances and upheavels and physical ailments in our body when an imbalance takes place amogst these elements. Our five fingers denote and stand for the five elements. Mudra science teaches us that all these imbalances can be balanced with the help of the fingers. The ascetics in olden days unleashed and practiced various mudras to pacify their mind and body.

It is said that when the elements activate and awaken the chakras, blood circulation gets normal, entire nervous system gets rejuvenated and energised, thereby ensuring and maintaining proper and requisite balance amongst all the five elements. All these help the body to stay in normal, proper and healthy condition. One or two Mudras as example I shall explain in my next.. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-17 11:41 PM (#69574 - in reply to #62876)

bstqltmkr :- Your post # 69457. The agony of the slow start of the next page # 23 still continues. It was never like this before. Why so?. Can any one throw light on it. My post on Mudra addressed to you and ystan is caught up in it.
ystan
Posted 2006-11-18 1:03 AM (#69577 - in reply to #69574)

Dear TSSundaram, since Mudra is a big and wide subject, can you move it into a Sub-Thread beneath the new thread "Continue the Journey" set up by Shelly? In that way we all can explore Mudra further without the subject being dispersed in different areas. I will set up the sub-thread and see you there! And if there is a reason you wish to stay on this “zzzuluwarrior and friends” thread, please let us know. Namaste
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-18 7:05 AM (#69596 - in reply to #62876)

ystan and all:- ystan's post 69308. I would refer to my note on mudra appearing in this column wherein I have touched upon the negative aspect of mudra, that is, practising mudra without apparent cause and practising it only if not needed. I have sent a message today to the author of the book to clarify the matter in detail, for us to know of the correct position. On receipt of a reply I shall revert on the subject.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-18 9:45 AM (#69610 - in reply to #62876)

zzzuluwarrior:- We met last here on 11th of November 2006. Hope you are quite fit and keeping fine.
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-11-18 10:55 AM (#69611 - in reply to #69457)
Subject: 8 blunders

8 Blunders--Gandhi

A few weeks before he was assassinated, Gandhi had a conversation with his grandson Arjun. HE handed Arjun a talisman upon which was engraved ?Seven Glunders,? out of which, said Gandhi, grows the violence that plagues the world. The blunders were:

1. Wealth without work
2. Pleasure without conscience
3. Knowledge without character
4. Commerce without morality
5. Science without humanity
6. Worship without sacrifice
7. Politics without principles

Gandhi called the imbalances ?passive violence,? which fuels active violence of crime, rebellion and war. He said, ?We could work ?til doomsday to achieve peace and would get nowhere as long as we ignore passive violence in our world.?
To his granfather?s list of senve blunders, Arjun later added an eighth:

Rights without responsibilities

Gandhi gave the list of Arjun in 1947.

judamom
Posted 2006-11-18 1:54 PM (#69627 - in reply to #69611)
Subject: RE: 8 blunders

Wow! That seems to say it all. Something everyone should read and give contemplation to. I will study the eight blunders and make an attempt to rid any area of my life where they could fit in. Thanks zzzulu. What a wonderful start for Peace on the Planet. What a wonderful person Gandhi was, to be sure. Nice that his Grandson passed his wisdom on for us all. Namaste. Judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-18 9:37 PM (#69658 - in reply to #62876)

judamom:- After 17th , I am seeing you here only today. Hope you are fine and all members at home. I endorse every word of what you say on Eight Wonders
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-11-19 12:12 AM (#69661 - in reply to #69610)

Dearest TSSundaram and friends
thank you so much for your friendship and your caring inquiry. I am very touched! I wish there's more than 24 hours in a day. Life is so full and rich...

I shall devote a day to this forum share more.

love to all

zzzulu
judamom
Posted 2006-11-19 9:13 AM (#69675 - in reply to #69658)

TSSundaram--thank-you for your words of care. I am fine now. I am very focused on my employment......it is busy and enjoyable. I have taken my concern off of others problems. I can really only advise when asked and other than that each individual must make changes in their own thinking before outward changes can occurr and that is outside my ability. I can only send love and light and "be here" to listen, on occasion. I am very selfish in that unless I can keep myself happy and peaceful---I have no happy and peaceful energy to send out to effect the planet at this time when happy and peaceful is so needed. Do you have words on your thoughts of how you approach others difficulties? I so honor your thinking and wisdom? Namaste Judamom
judamom
Posted 2006-11-19 9:17 AM (#69676 - in reply to #69661)

zzzulu-----you more than make up for quantity in quality when you do have time. Let us not be a stress that you must 'get to' but rather a delightful sharing when the time is available. Namaste Judamom Hi Ystan and Shelly! Hope your day is going well.
tourist
Posted 2006-11-19 11:10 AM (#69686 - in reply to #69676)

Expert Yogi

All - the very long thread seems to be creating some difficulties so I will ask you to move to "continue the journey." Tomorrow about 8 am my time (west coast) I will freeze this thread. You will be able to read but not post. Enjoy the new journey!
ystan
Posted 2006-11-19 1:42 PM (#69706 - in reply to #69686)

Thank you Tourist for your well wishes! This is a wonderful thread and I thoroughly enjoyed being part of it! Let us share and support each other in our new journey, and enjoy each day as it arrives. Namaste to zzzuluwarrior and friends!

Jump to page : < ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 14 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)