YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PMS - food!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

tourist
Posted 2006-08-23 2:54 PM (#62592)
Subject: PMS - food!

Expert Yogi

So ladies - do any of you get the mad food cravings at PMS time? This is increasingly difficult for me to deal with and since I sometimes now have a loooong pre mense time (a week or more) my old system of "give into it, it only lasts a day" is not a sensible choice. it increases as the day goes on and it is like a biological, deeply physical madness. I ate too much last night, well past my 4:30 ish cut off time for eating and had a difficult night because of it. Any advice? SJW works well for the odd sad spell, but this eating thing is crazy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-08-23 4:19 PM (#62601 - in reply to #62592)
Subject: RE: PMS - food!

uhm, stress and anxiety related to menstruation, which may be linked to food (comfort food) cravings can be managed with motherwort tincture. one dropper in a class of water.

otherwise, i strive to get the 'flavor' from healthy foods. if i crave french fries, then i make 'salty salad' which is two kinds of lettuce, white onion, cucumber, olive oil and sea salt. tres yum.

if i want sweet, i'll typically make 'rice pudding' which has lots of nuts, seeds, dried fruit, oat meal (steel cut), milk and pie spices. it's very filling and hits that sweet tooth!
tourist
Posted 2006-08-23 5:19 PM (#62609 - in reply to #62601)

Expert Yogi

Motherwort, eh? I'll go grab some. I just ate a HUGE bowl full of steamed broccoli and carrots with butter, salt and vinegar and that is right after I had lunch. You're right - it is the flavour I crave. Intense flavours, much like pregnancy cravings which, contrary to popular belief, tend to be either sweet (ice cream) OR salty (pickles) rather than both at the same time. For over a week now I have had a craving (unrelated to this current surge) for a good chocolate chip cookie. I was able to resist the full packages at the grocery store and several days later went to a good local bakery and finally got one cookie, thinking this was the end of the craving. Good chocolate, they used real butter, all good......but it was crunchy! I wanted chewy!

Does motherwort get along with St. Johns wort? And what's with all the wort stuff?

Posted 2006-08-24 8:17 AM (#62692 - in reply to #62592)

i don't know if it goes along with St. J's Wort. i'll try to look it up in my textbook.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)