YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Safe Practice
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Anonymous
Posted 2006-08-17 12:20 PM (#61926)
Subject: Safe Practice

Hello everyone. I'm investigating possible causes for my recent (yesterday) bout with nausea and body chills. Essentialy, my question here is if some aspect of my yoga practice could be to blame.

Some background: I've practiced various yoga asanas every day for over 10 years, including class instruction in the early years. Over the past 2 years, I've become much more dedicated to my practice, adding new asanas and extending the length of my sessions. In the past two months, I have added pranayama, meditation as well as milder forms of shatkarma. Over the past month, I've eaten an increasingly vegetarian diet (lacto/ovo). All of my recent learning has come from reading, most of which from the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Until now, I thought I had been progressing slowly and with caution.

Side note: I should also metion that I am in excellent physical contion with many years of strength training and a balanced whole food diet. I rarely get sick.

My Probelm: In the past month, I have experienced an increase in energy, improved sleep and more balanced emotions. However, all of my reading cautions AGAINST attempting any of my recent practices without guidence from a guru. I have no guru and yesterday's experience has me concerned. I woke up nauseas followed by brief, violent vomiting of what appeared to be my entire dinner from the night before. I spent the rest of the day fighting off chills. Was this just a bug, food poisoning or have I inadvertently damaged my system by influencing kundalini?

As I said, I am investigating all the possibilites (food poisioning, virus). My post here is part of my search but also to make sure I'm not crossing a line in my yoga practice.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

Cautious Sadhaka
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Betsy
Posted 2006-08-19 6:55 AM (#62043 - in reply to #61926)
Subject: RE: Safe Practice

Your description of your sudden illness sounds very much like food poisoning or a bug to me. That does not concern me, really.

What I am a bit concerned about is doing shatkarma with no guidance. Certain of the practices are NOT ones that should be done on one's own. Here is a link that described the practices in shatkarma:

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1991/3may91/shat.shtml

Are there truly no yoga teachers in your area to help you?

Betsy
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-08-29 12:04 PM (#63131 - in reply to #61926)
Subject: RE: Safe Practice

I do not know what you mean by fighting off chillis. Chill itself is a poison and if you took a lot of it, you shall be fighting it off.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)