YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ionic Cleansing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

joscmt
Posted 2006-07-27 9:29 AM (#59933)
Subject: Ionic Cleansing

Has anyone tried this?? I am fascinated by the entire concept, but it's mega $$$$- in my area, $1200 for 12 sessions- does it work? is it worth is? Or is it a bunch of hooey??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenJello
Posted 2006-07-27 12:22 PM (#59977 - in reply to #59933)
Subject: RE: Ionic Cleansing

My first impulse on "Cleansing" products is that it usually IS a bunch of hooey. Maybe not, but at $1200, is it really worth the chance? You also have the understand that a lot of these "cleansing" products tend to have the opposite effect, since they do things to the body that's unnatural.
joscmt
Posted 2006-07-27 5:58 PM (#60020 - in reply to #59977)

it's not a product though..it's a service, like a massage. They put your clean feet into a water bath and alter the ionic charge of the water. They do it at the alternative medecine office I use. I've seen the sessions going and it's quite wild. The water changes all kinds of colors based on the toxins and problem areas- for instance, it turns frothy and white for excess yeast...yellow and thick for the liver.. green (i think) for the stomach... it is really kind of gross. The clear water turns all crazy and oily, or thick, lumpy and nasty... I don't know... sounds weird. Check it out online somewhere..
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-07-27 6:05 PM (#60021 - in reply to #59933)

I did something like that 1 time (I like to try everything once) and I didn't think it did much of anything.

First, it only cost me $30.00 for 1 session.

Secondly, I'm not sick or ill, so maybe that's why I didn't feel anything except mild relaxation because my feet were in a copper bucket of warm water.

Thirdly, I was in a big, open room with other people, so I checked out their water and it was the same color as my water. Shouldn't different people have different treatments/results?

Fourthly, that place is now closed. Why? Were they supposed to being curing everyone?

So, my assessment is that is was a bunch of hooey. In fact, as a legitimate "alternative" healthcare practitioner myself, I hope crooks like this get busted and run out of town. It really bugs me that people can make all kinds of health claims and take people's money.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-07-27 6:33 PM (#60032 - in reply to #59933)

Hmm... all the water changing color stuff sounds VERY dramatic. I'd be more impressed if little if anything seemed to happen. It's also a pretty new approach, which is something else to think about.

Most of the really good "alternative" approaches, such as TCM, accupunture, etc. are really very old, with long well respected traditions.
joscmt
Posted 2006-07-27 10:55 PM (#60066 - in reply to #59933)

That's kind of my feeling. At this office, they practice acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, nutritional therapy. My chiropractor is awesome! I've been to another who was bonkers. This guys is great though! He does the kinesiological testing and that has always been spot-on with me. They are a well respected office in the area and I'd be surprised if it was bunk. BUT, it is a new procedure.
I don't know why your water didn't change. I've seen two different ones (as I passed their rooms) one lady's water was yellow and clumpy and the other woman's was almost black with red flecks in it. It's totally creepy. I'm so curious BUT I also don't have (and not sure I wanna spend) mucho dinero on something I could just as easily do with other forms of detoxing.
Have you checked it out online?? Look up ionic cleansing and there are pictures of the water... It's nasty...
naturally336
Posted 2006-07-28 12:14 PM (#60109 - in reply to #60066)

Back several years ago, I had a friend that got one of these machines. She was fascinated by it. I'm a skeptic. I asked her if she would try turning it on without putting her feet in it and see what happened. The water turned the same color. Seems it was actually the plate that was slowly dissolving and causing the color change, not the release of toxins.

Now admittedly, that was several years ago. It's possible the technology has changed. I don't really know. But the cost of what your dr is offering seems awfully high. You could buy your own machine for that cost.
Be Well,
Selena
naturally336
Posted 2006-07-28 1:03 PM (#60116 - in reply to #60066)

Geez, there are so many selling these things now, it's hard to find any factual and/or scientific research done on them. But you may want to check out this website:
http://www.raygirvan.co.uk/apoth/2004_05_01_arc.html

The write up is down a little ways, "May 28, 2004 Dodgy detox" She has a rather good write up on it, with plenty of links for further information. One excerpt states:
Before-and-after analyses of the footbath by the Medical Toxicology Unit, New Cross, confirmed that the brown stuff that appears in the bathwater is iron-based, and that the bathwater showed no sign of urea or creatinine (the smallest organic molecules excreted by the body via urine and sweat - "call them 'toxins', if you like") that you'd expect if any dialysis were happening.

You may want to read it and researching a bit more prior to dishing out the money.
Be Well,
Selena

Edited by naturally336 2006-07-28 1:08 PM
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-07-28 2:51 PM (#60134 - in reply to #59933)

My water did turn a different color (can't remember the color) but I didn't feel any different.

$1,200.00 is A LOT of money to shell out but if you have the extra cash to spend then who are we to tell you not to do it.

Aside - People are funny. They will consider spending $1,200 for something questionable but will go without proper imaging (CT scan, MRI) if their insurance doesn't pay for it.

GreenJello
Posted 2006-07-28 6:26 PM (#60168 - in reply to #60134)

*Fifi* - 2006-07-28 2:51 PM
Aside - People are funny. They will consider spending $1,200 for something questionable but will go without proper imaging (CT scan, MRI) if their insurance doesn't pay for it.

Western medical science is BOooorring. I'll bet if they got the MRI to change different colors they could get everybody to sign up.
joscmt
Posted 2006-07-29 3:57 PM (#60257 - in reply to #59933)

Keep in mind $1200 is for 12 sessions.. so it's about $100/hour- that's still a lot of scratch for someone like me though!
Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out. I have read that the plate does change the water a rusty brown.. but it's all the other crazy stuff I'm curious about.
If I would turn colors in an MRI, I'd totally do it! Hahahah! I have always wanted a full-body MRI just to check out what all is inside! Insurance doesn't like to pay for that kind of stuff for my entertainment!
joscmt
Posted 2006-08-17 12:14 AM (#61879 - in reply to #59933)

so, I was talking to my bookkeeper who has a daughter with tons o' allergies and medical problems. She's been on medication for all of her 8 years. My bookkeeper recently took her to an alternative doctor who is trying different things to relieve her daughter of some of her problems. One of the methods to detox her body off of the meds is this ionic cleansing. Now, her mom is very pragmatic and she said it's pretty amazing what came out of her daughter. And finally, after 3x/week the water is coming out more clear... it's not foamy, yellow, or metallic flecked anymore..
I so need to give this a whirl.. I found a place today that does it for $35.. so I may try it...
GreenJello
Posted 2006-08-17 8:24 AM (#61904 - in reply to #61879)

joscmt - 2006-08-17 12:14 AM

so, I was talking to my bookkeeper who has a daughter with tons o' allergies and medical problems. She's been on medication for all of her 8 years. My bookkeeper recently took her to an alternative doctor who is trying different things to relieve her daughter of some of her problems. One of the methods to detox her body off of the meds is this ionic cleansing. Now, her mom is very pragmatic and she said it's pretty amazing what came out of her daughter. And finally, after 3x/week the water is coming out more clear... it's not foamy, yellow, or metallic flecked anymore..

Um, right, How's the patient?

I so need to give this a whirl.. I found a place today that does it for $35.. so I may try it...

That's sounds like a better price for a nice show. Have fun! Don't forget to take pictures!
joscmt
Posted 2006-08-17 5:45 PM (#61950 - in reply to #59933)

I'll totally take pictures... and post them here...
as for the little girl, she is getting better..but she's been on meds her entire life. She has A LOT of skin, allergy, and asthma problems- she really has to be watched around the clock. I think it's a good move for her Mom to try a holistic doc. Hopefully, it will make a difference..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)