YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

home study program
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Amy
Posted 2006-07-21 12:41 PM (#59252)
Subject: home study program

I am interested in joining a home-study program. I find http://www.yogakriya.org/ offers a homestudy program from the Yoga Journal. How do you think about it?...

I am only starting practicing yoga for about 4 times a week for 6 months and very interseted in it. I mainly just pratice flow, hatha and anusara. I am looking for some yoga background, history, theory and human body so I can intergrate to my practice as well. Does the yogakriya credible? Anybody know any other programs?

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-07-21 2:18 PM (#59256 - in reply to #59252)
Subject: RE: home study program

It sounds very credible and wothy of investigation. I'm sure somebody has some first hand experience, if not here on the board, perhaps you can check in with them for a student recommendation so you could ask some questions.
Good luck!
Krislouise2002
Posted 2006-07-21 2:46 PM (#59259 - in reply to #59252)
Subject: RE: home study program

Amy,
If you check to see that they are Yoga Alliance approved, then you are at least getting a program that is approved by an organization that is somewhat respected in the yoga world. If they are a 200 hour yoga alliance approved program, then it should be pretty decent.
Depending on who you ask and what school of thought they come from, you may get some critcism from others on it. The most important thing is that you are getting what you want out of it, so I recommend that you try to find out as much as you can about their curriculum and research other options to compare before you fork out the big bucks. I took a lot of time trying to find a program that I wanted which is similar in that it is self study, then you go to their school for 2 weeks and train there. It is a classical Hatha Yoga curriculum which teaches students to try to find their own style to pursue after finishing the program. THere are so many styles out there, it is sometimes hard to decide what to do until trying them out.
Best of luck,
Kristin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)