YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yoga teacher tool feedback
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

yogajarr
Posted 2006-07-20 3:12 AM (#59125)
Subject: yoga teacher tool feedback

I'm considering creating a tool for yoga teachers to help manage and plan their classes. Before I do so, I'm trying to figure out if it would be a real benefit to teachers or not. I sure would appreciate any thoughts or comments. Would the tool described below be something you would use?

My wife is a yoga teacher and every day she creates a new flow for her students and every year I buy her a new journal so she can document these different flows. She must have close to a thousand different routines now. Recently, I started thinking of a way she can better organize and archive her poses/flows and this is what I came up with...

... a software tool that let's her build a database of different yoga positions and flows. Each position would be accompanied with an image and any special notes/comments she may have entered about that position. Each flow would contain 18 - 20 of these position images or how every many she needed for an hour to hour and a half class. The best part is that once her database of positions and flows is large enough she can start to access that data to build new flows. She would ask the program to give her XX positions based on the type of class she wants to run that day. The program would then let her drag the images around to create the sequence and order she wants. She continues to save the
flow, maybe print it out. After the class has been completed she would come back to the program and enter comments about how the students reacted to it. In addition to entering notes for future reference, she could even assign the flow some sort of rating.

I think a tool like this would not only save her a ton of time, but more importantly give her the ability to document exceptional classes she taught and then easily refer to them once again. She would be able to ask the program to give her top 5 classes under the keyword "relaxation". She may want to pick one and insert just a couple different positions and then save it as a new flow. She could do lot's of neat little query's against her database.

Anyway, what do you think? Would a tool like this help you out in your every day?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JackieCat
Posted 2006-07-20 6:27 AM (#59135 - in reply to #59125)
Subject: RE: yoga teacher tool feedback

Extreme Veteran

This sounds good to me. I think it would be very useful.

Posted 2006-07-20 6:46 AM (#59136 - in reply to #59125)

There already is a software program with such a database --YGuide--it operates exactly as you describe: http://www.yoga-software.com/
Krislouise2002
Posted 2006-07-20 7:50 AM (#59141 - in reply to #59136)

Bruce, do you own this product? If so, do you like it? If not, do you know of anyone who has tried it?

Posted 2006-07-20 8:17 AM (#59146 - in reply to #59141)

You bet I have it--I love it--good price, outstanding support, you can easily customize it with modifications, your own photos, annotate as to class reactions, what methodology worked best, class composition--totally tailorable.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)