YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

personal lesson
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

Phoenix
Posted 2006-06-28 2:14 PM (#57053)
Subject: personal lesson

I watched my teachers dog over last weekend and she said she would trade me a personal lesson for my help. I am sooooo excited. Tomorrow morning I get to have my lesson. She is personalizing to help me work on my anxiety problems. My husband thinks its funny how excited I am about it. Has anyone else had a personal lesson? They are quite expensive it turns out. I would love to do one once a month... I guess it would be sort of like treating myself to a massage!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-06-28 6:22 PM (#57077 - in reply to #57053)
Subject: RE: personal lesson

Expert Yogi

Hi Phoenix - I haven't had a personal yoga lesson but we are loving our personal dance lessons. We learn better and faster than with a class. Make notes as soon as you can after your lesson and do tell us about it! Have fun
Phoenix
Posted 2006-06-28 9:49 PM (#57090 - in reply to #57077)

I will write all about it tomorrow. I really like my teacher. I can't rememeber the last time I had a teacher, counselor, doctor, that I felt so confident in. I find that I am often skepticle of "professionals" but she is pretty incredible. Her lessons have really made a difference in my life and even when I have enteracted with her on a personal basis she has been consistantly admirable.

Soooooo so excited about tomorrow.

Ok so maybe I am a bit of a yoga dork.
TSha
Posted 2006-06-30 8:02 PM (#57269 - in reply to #57053)

I work with a personal teacher...she is fabulous. After taking classes with a number of different teachers I selected her because she had an energy and calm that I was looking for. I suffer from anxiety too. But with her help I am better able to control it. Have fun! I can't wait for my session tomorrow morning.
Balen
Posted 2006-07-06 7:04 PM (#57970 - in reply to #57053)

Well?
Phoenix
Posted 2006-07-07 2:04 PM (#58034 - in reply to #57970)

Balen - 2006-07-06 7:04 PM

Well?

Sorry I put this in another post. But in general it was fabulous. I think it re-energized my practice. I definately think if I ever slide in motivation or anything I will make sure to get a personal session in. I am really lucky though because my teacher is going on a retreat and asked me to watch her dog again for a week this time. She has offered three private sessions in return. I can't believe it! I feel like I have hit the gold mine. I really love her teaching style and she has so much to offer. I would of course watch her wonderful dog for nothing which I tried to tell her but I am certainly greatful for her instruction.

In my first private instruction I really learned alot about how I was doing my poses. She was able to get nit picky and see exactly what I need to improve, she was also able to taylor the lesson to fit my special needs. I dont think my home practice will ever get boring. There are so many different practices I can do.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)