YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Awakening; have I been asleep?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Breakage101
Posted 2006-06-25 6:04 PM (#56780)
Subject: Awakening; have I been asleep?

This all started a year ago.

I had a dream that I remembered my true name. It came at the end of a reoccuring nightmare I have of the whole world being imprisoned, and no one can see that they are captive and no one believes me. It was written in what looked like a mess of letters spun through a typewriter and printed over the same line over and over; but I could read it. It was my name. I had been lied to all this time. Only, when I awoke I found my body paralyzed, except for my eyes (I later found out this is known simply as 'sleep paralysis'). The paralysis only subsided when I was willing to forget the name I had remembered in my dream and come back to the one I now know...

Over this year I began suffering from odd head-- well... headaches. I wouldn't call them an ache because there is no pain; just a tingling pressure in my head. It progressed from a once a week occurence until it was an every-day thing. The symptoms began to vary at that point; dissconnection, involuntary hand movements, emotional highs and lows I have never felt before...

I found after a while that if I just calmed down and concentrated, focusing my eyes upward in my head, the headaches would eventually subside. I began researching meditation at that point (I had been researching brain tumors and diseases, though all of the doctors I went to told me "there is nothing wrong with you.")

So now I worry. I have been searching for the name I found in that dream for just under a year now; because even if it was only a dream, it meant a lot to me while I was there. But the more I search the stranger it gets.

Now I am here in the off possibility (I am not a 'spiritual' person) that this Kundalini has something to do with me, and I am not just some stressed out hypocondriac. From what I have read I should be seeking the advice of someone with more experience than I have; for obvious reasons.

I live about an hour outside of the Seattle area, in Washington State. Please, if any of you know where I should be going with this let me know. Some days I wake up and life has lost all sense of reality, and I begin to wonder how long it will be before someone has me committed. Strange thing is... all the crazy stuff that I spout out of the mouth... people just nod and say "Wow, that makes so much sense."

But no one knows anything about it; no one knows how to help me. So now I am asking a variety of perfect strangers, and I know it is a lot to ask - but, thank you for any information you can provide.

-a boy

PS: Kundalini awakening; does it come with a 'snooze' button?..

"Better to live as the poor servant of a poor master, rather than think as they do and live after thier manner." -Socrates
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-25 10:04 PM (#56784 - in reply to #56780)
Subject: RE: Awakening; have I been asl

What do you want to happen next?
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-26 10:20 AM (#56812 - in reply to #56780)
Subject: RE: Awakening; have I been asleep?

you been smokin' weed?

stop it.
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-26 10:39 AM (#56820 - in reply to #56780)

Why?
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-26 1:44 PM (#56833 - in reply to #56820)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-26 10:39 AM

Why?

'cause you don't need to and if you're in the USA you may just end up in jail for just a little bit, especially if it's and election year

Edited by SCThornley 2006-06-26 1:47 PM
Breakage101
Posted 2006-06-26 5:22 PM (#56852 - in reply to #56780)

Happen? I want to know what the name was, or at least know that there was never a name to begin with. I want to quit worrying wether or not I am going to end up institutionalized. I just want to find someone who can help me find answers, because I have too many questions at the moment.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-26 8:34 PM (#56867 - in reply to #56852)

Breakage101 - 2006-06-26 5:22 PM

Happen? I want to know what the name was, or at least know that there was never a name to begin with. I want to quit worrying wether or not I am going to end up institutionalized. I just want to find someone who can help me find answers, because I have too many questions at the moment.

calm down

relax
quit worrying--not like worrying is going to help anyway--it won't

the answer is to calm down and take it in stride and live with some grace

relish the experience, it was pretty cool if you ask me--enjoy it
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-26 11:05 PM (#56872 - in reply to #56852)

Breakage101 - 2006-06-26 5:22 PM

Problem 1: You believe that there exists one who knows answers to your questions.

Problem 2: You believe that one who knows answers to questions can be found by posting on the bulletin board or just asking all those whom you come in contact with.

Problem 3: You believe that you are going to find such a person relatively easily, I mean at least possibly.

Problem 4: Only correct questions have correct answers.

Problem 5: You have connected your NOT getting answers to your questions with your NOT stopping to search answers for them and with your NOT doing other things of importance in life until answers come and with worrying about future such as institutionalization and NOT taking care of the present.

ETC.

So my suggestions are:

1: Give most importance to your coming out of drugs, say 4 hours a day.
2. Give next importance to exercise and rest, say 10 hours a day (2+
3. Give next importance to some work possibly of your liking and also earning for yourself (4-8 hours a day)
4. Give next importance to entertainment, outing in woods, sports etc. (2 hours a day)

5. Give some importance to doing something (whatever = making tea, singing to them, laundary, rides, etc.) for your relatives and friends. ( 30 min a day)

6. And, doing your own chores (shower, laundary, etc. , prayer if you do, 1 hour a day)

7. If you satisfy all 1 - 6 above, then give max 10 min a day for your searching answers. If you do not find them, postpone the search to next day, and then next. You can continue to trust that you shall get answers one day even if you do not know the day.

Best Luck
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-27 1:09 AM (#56885 - in reply to #56780)

Steve Thornley! I wasn't asking why to your post. I was asking Breakage101 why he wanted to awaken the kundalini energy within himself. Sorry, Steve - my bad.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-27 8:14 AM (#56887 - in reply to #56885)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-27 1:09 AM

Steve Thornley! I wasn't asking why to your post. I was asking Breakage101 why he wanted to awaken the kundalini energy within himself. Sorry, Steve - my bad.

we're having so much fun
tourist
Posted 2006-06-27 10:41 AM (#56901 - in reply to #56887)

Expert Yogi

B101 - did you go to a neurologist? Sounds like you could use an EEG and/or some sort of high tech imaging on the brain to really rule out tumours etc. Neel is right. Forget the dream - (it was a DREAM!) they can be very attractive and distracting but chasing after them will never help. If you need to know the information in the dream it will come back to you. Live your life fully and take care of your health - physical, mental and spiritual.
Breakage101
Posted 2006-06-29 7:12 PM (#57181 - in reply to #56780)

Thank you, everyone.

Well, I guess this is a good time for it to come to an end. It is almost like trying to give up all of your addictions in life; you end up becoming addicted to giving up things. Patterns, circles, designs - where they don't exist.

Look hard enough, and you will find something, even if it isn't there.

I guess that is part of the beauty of life. The beauty of creation. It all comes from...

Well; its time to let go anyway.

Thank you again. I think I just needed someone to remind me of the basics: memento vivere, "remember that you must live."
tourist
Posted 2006-06-29 7:15 PM (#57183 - in reply to #57181)

Expert Yogi

Excellent - let us know how you are doing and do try some yoga!
Breakage101
Posted 2006-06-29 7:24 PM (#57184 - in reply to #57183)

tourist - 2006-06-29 4:15 PM

Well, my interest in Kundalini has created an interest in yoga - I'm currently trying to find someone in my area that teaches basics. Wish me luck~
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-29 11:34 PM (#57203 - in reply to #57184)

Breakage101 - 2006-06-29 7:24 PM

tourist - 2006-06-29 4:15 PM

Well, my interest in Kundalini has created an interest in yoga - I'm currently trying to find someone in my area that teaches basics. Wish me luck~

===> Basically, from what you wrote earlier you need an Expert (NOT any or basic ) teacher who can give you basics in a non-basic way, that is in a great way. Best Luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)