YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non-competition clauses
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Posted 2006-06-16 6:40 PM (#56000 - in reply to #55998)
Subject: RE: Non-competition clauses

And politely invite them to kiss your a$$.

zoebird - 2006-06-16 4:53 PM

shnen:

you can leave on a positive note. as SC said, simply state it as you are growing in your practice and your teaching and would like to pursue other opportunities.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-16 7:55 PM (#56011 - in reply to #55864)

I think you need either an Irish or Texan accent for that, Bruce - right?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-16 10:26 PM (#56025 - in reply to #55946)

tourist - 2006-06-15 11:32 PM

Neel - you are a poet

Thanks for the encouragement. Let me complete the real part of the poem (but, alas I am copying it from Upanishadas!)

uttishtha jaagrata prapya waraannibodhata.

rise (from the low mentality), wake up (from the sleep of ignorance) and stop only after attaining the great deeds.
shnen
Posted 2006-06-20 11:08 AM (#56294 - in reply to #55998)

zoebird - 2006-06-16 5:53 PM

shnen:

you can leave on a positive note. as SC said, simply state it as you are growing in your practice and your teaching and would like to pursue other opportunities.

Nope - she will do what she can to backstab... she has pretty much declared war on the studio I am going to... its pretty pathetic since she is moving into this studio's area - and she is acting like this... just makes you shake your head.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-20 11:46 AM (#56303 - in reply to #55864)

you could start reffering to her as

'attilla no fun'

little joke, eh?

too little?

Posted 2006-06-20 2:40 PM (#56321 - in reply to #55864)

shnen:

this doesn't stop *you* from leaving on a positive note. She is responsible for her own behavoir.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-20 7:47 PM (#56344 - in reply to #56294)

shnen - 2006-06-20 11:08 AM

zoebird - 2006-06-16 5:53 PM

Nope - she will do what she can to backstab

Welll..... IIRC, the sutras advise indifference to vice, of which backstabbing and slandering people is definitely one.

'attilla no fun'

All shall fall before our mightly yoga mastery!
shnen
Posted 2006-06-21 7:54 AM (#56375 - in reply to #56321)

zoebird - 2006-06-20 2:40 PM

shnen:

this doesn't stop *you* from leaving on a positive note. She is responsible for her own behavoir.

No - I agree - it makes me upset that it has to be this way.
last night I sat back and thought - you know - if I am stressing out this much because of a yoga teacher - just what kind of teacher is she - and do I even want to be affiliated with this?

Posted 2006-06-21 8:10 AM (#56378 - in reply to #55864)

very good thinking, shnen.

truly, i'm no longer associated with a teacher who behaves similarly, and while i refrain from speaking poorly of him, i will state the truth about him when asked. I think it's only fair to do so.

also, i was happy to be free of him. most of his behavoir in regards to teachers, clients, former employees (whom he fired, and then harassed when they went on to make careers for themselves), and other studios (strangers even!) was against my conscience and i didn't want to be associated with that. So, i was actually thankful that i was able to be free of him and his influences.
tourist
Posted 2006-06-21 10:22 AM (#56398 - in reply to #56375)

Expert Yogi

shnen - remember that these people are sent to us to help us learn. I also look at what aspect of a "challenging person" (this seems to be the PC language for these people nowadays ) is also an aspect of myself that I don't admire. For example, I worked with a very whiney person a few years ago. When I looked at myself, I found I could spend less time whining about things to my friends and co-workers as well. When I came to a place where I could accept that and be with her in a way that was neutral (as opposed to -> all day long...) she moved on to another job!
dwd
Posted 2006-06-23 3:21 PM (#56698 - in reply to #56294)

shnen said :

Which is all sad since it is the studio I did my training at - and no one leaves this studio alive - I mean the owner will slander you into the ground (she has done this with clients, teachers and outside facilitators)... so it won't be easy to leave on a good basis...

Nope - she will do what she can to backstab... she has pretty much declared war on the studio I am going to... its pretty pathetic since she is moving into this studio's area - and she is acting like this... just makes you shake your head.

---All I can say is let her declare war/backstab/slander you...she will look like the unprofessional one. In my business, people like that tend to get ignored/ridiculed - and no one really takes them seriously. So don't worry, let her do what she wants, people will remember her immature behavior. That stands out more than the fact that she will 'slander' you specifically.

dwd
shnen
Posted 2006-06-26 12:03 PM (#56825 - in reply to #55864)

thanks guys - I haven't told her yet - as of yet I am not violating anything - I am giving myself time to gain perspective and to find the proper words to ensure I handle this correctly.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)