YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Welcome to yoga.com
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

tourist
Posted 2006-06-13 9:31 PM (#55740)
Subject: Welcome to yoga.com

Expert Yogi

I see we have a group who has migrated from a site that has closed down. Welcome to all - the more the merrier! It would be great if you could each give us a brief bio (and yoga.com regulars are welcome to add theirs as well) so we can get to know you a bit. There is a list of rules somewhere on the site but as you are all web-savvy, I am sure you know the general drift of how these places work. PM me, Bruce, Piel or anyone else who seems friendly if you have questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-13 11:18 PM (#55752 - in reply to #55740)
Subject: RE: Welcome to yoga.com

Okay, I'll try this. I found when I became a mother that I had a few anger issues, and wanted to resolve that. I didn't want to be an angry parent, and ruin my children's lives. First I tried becoming a vegetarian, thinking the steriods in the meat were making me feel aggressive. One by one I quit more bad habits, but found out happiness (or at least contentment) wasn't going to happen so easily. I'd been physically active all my life, but that part of my life wasn't connected to my spiritual well being. Finally I found yoga, and have been a fan ever since. I feel that yoga has strengthened me in all areas of my life, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I started learning first with vhs tapes, and read books and magazines. Classes in my area have only started recently, and I'm happy to say I have had only minor adjustments while holding a pose. It does make me more confident in my abilities to have a trained instructor check my posture because as a teenager I grew tall very quickly and slouched badly. I'm glad I was able to counter the effects of growing up with a bad attitude, I have confidence to stand tall, and am content with my life. I feel more connected to other people, but on the other hand, critisism doesn't seem to affect me the way it used to. My philosophy these days is mostly the more I know, the more I realize what a tiny fraction I actually know. So that's my life in a nut shell. Thanks for the welcome, and for the chance to learn more.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-13 11:25 PM (#55755 - in reply to #55740)

WonDerFull!
tourist
Posted 2006-06-13 11:50 PM (#55763 - in reply to #55752)

Expert Yogi

Thanks Shelly - that is a great story I am wondering if you also do some quilting? Just a guess from decoding your screen name

Becoming a parent is a yoga practice all on its own, isn't it? I think if someone is a parent and they haven't become more aware and inward looking, they are probably not going to be very good parents. I am seeing a lot of new parents coming to class to find some inner peace, stress relief and just time for themselves. For me, I needed that parenting time to grow up enough to get serious about yoga, I think
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-14 12:33 AM (#55765 - in reply to #55740)

Thanks for the reassurance, I haven't always opened up, and so I'm always a little nervewracked when I step out of my usual boundaries. Yes, I make quilts, but I don't really think I'm the best. Thats all subjective after all. I will say though that I do my best, and I think it shows through in the finished product. I chose this moniker when I was setting up a mail account for my daughter to send me mail from summer camp, and so I sort of did it for her. I tried to get just qltmkr, which was taken. qltmkr with a number tagged on was then suggested, but really I didn't want to be a number, so I tried bst, and was surprised that nobody else had thought of it.

Becoming a parent really turned my life around, and I'm totally thankful for that. Feeling pure love for my children was such a motivation for me to become a better person. At first it was for them, but now that I have become a better person I can feel love for myself, and so it gets better and better.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)