YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sugar Cravings?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2006-06-15 7:48 AM (#55867 - in reply to #55859)
Subject: RE: Sugar Cravings?

Expert Yogi

GreenJello - 2006-06-15 12:32 AM

Maybe you should do some poking about and see if there's one down in NC.

That's okay. I need to keep things the way they are....hard to get. When it is easy, that is where the danger lies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2006-06-15 9:33 AM (#55869 - in reply to #55853)

Psst... I think their web-site allows you to do just that.

Fee

Cyndi - 2006-06-15 3:50 AM

Sam,

I have a weakness for Jelly Bellies. I like Pina Colada, Marshmellow, Coconut, Banana, Pineapple and Chocolate ones. I wish they would sell bags that were customized to my specifications.....DD and I cannot eat them together...especially when she tries to eat all the Pina Colada ones,

samantha77
Posted 2006-06-15 10:38 AM (#55877 - in reply to #55853)

Extreme Veteran

Cyndi - 2006-06-14 10:50 PM Sam, I have a weakness for Jelly Bellies. I like Pina Colada, Marshmellow, Coconut, Banana, Pineapple and Chocolate ones. I wish they would sell bags that were customized to my specifications

My favorites are Buttered Popcorn, and Peanut Butter.  There's a candy store in the mall near me where you can pick just the flavors you want. I used to get a bag of just buttered popcorn before going to the movies. 

Samantha

Cyndi
Posted 2006-06-15 10:58 AM (#55881 - in reply to #55877)

Expert Yogi

samantha77 - 2006-06-15 10:38 AM

Cyndi - 2006-06-14 10:50 PM Sam, I have a weakness for Jelly Bellies. I like Pina Colada, Marshmellow, Coconut, Banana, Pineapple and Chocolate ones. I wish they would sell bags that were customized to my specifications

My favorites are Buttered Popcorn, and Peanut Butter.  There's a candy store in the mall near me where you can pick just the flavors you want. I used to get a bag of just buttered popcorn before going to the movies. 

Samantha

I don't need to know this, it is too much information...LALALALALALALALALALALALA,
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-15 11:24 AM (#55886 - in reply to #55881)

Cyndi - 2006-06-15 10:58 AM

samantha77 - 2006-06-15 10:38 AM

My favorites are Buttered Popcorn, and Peanut Butter. There's a candy store in the mall near me where you can pick just the flavors you want. I used to get a bag of just buttered popcorn before going to the movies.

Samantha

I don't need to know this, it is too much information...LALALALALALALALALALALALA,

Relax Cyndi, an experienced yogi shouldn't be feeling these sorts of cravings.
joscmt
Posted 2006-07-28 11:28 AM (#60096 - in reply to #55730)

Last March I was full steam ahead into caffeine. It was a stressful time in my life and I wasn't able to get sleep. I gave up alcohol in March, and then the sugar cravings hit. I didn't drink that much to start with (I gave it up with my hubby who was getting dry). But then I had to address my food issues. In my recovery program, I gave up sugar completely- all forms of it. It has to show up 5 or below on a nutrition label in order for me to be able to eat it.
I went to a nutritionist and she advised me to give up caffeine (along with a grocery list of other stuff). Giving up alcohol, caffiene, and sugar all in one swoop almost did me in- the headached were intense, I became dyslexic for several months, I couldn't think straight, and it left my adrenal system in the toilet. BUT, after the detoxing period, I felt great!! I no longer need to rely on drinks like red bull or coffee. My body has found it's natural sleep patterns. I took an adrenal supplement to boost those guys back up and I felt like superwoman! I am so much more sensitive to my body's needs right now. I found out that so many of my symptoms were from my adrenal system being shot- the 3pm sleepies, the little joint aches and pains, sugar cravings, so much!
So sugar is definitely a powerful substance- it's as strong as drugs or alcohol. Just not as noticeable because it's legal and EVERYWHERE! Try reading labels and finding food that doesn't contain some sort of sugar in the first 5 ingredients. Caffiene is a toughy too.. it can cause havoc and chaos in our delicate systems if used too much...
moderation, moderation, moderation...
Except for us addicts..then it's abstinence, abstinence, abstinence...

I'm off to make summer rolls......
SCThornley
Posted 2006-07-28 11:46 AM (#60101 - in reply to #55730)

I'm with you

but I'm not giving up my coffee--I roast my own

it will be five years this August 15 that I've been without alcohol, WHOOPPEEEE!

when I stopped drinking I lived on sugar--dozen doughnuts a morning and a pot of coffee
that has since subsided, thank GOD!

Edited by SCThornley 2006-07-28 11:47 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)