YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HI
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Now viewing page 11 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

judamom
Posted 2006-08-30 8:46 AM (#63229 - in reply to #63043)
Subject: RE: HI

Did it cross your mind that the fact that you stated a physical problem and several friends jumped in and sent you 'well wishes' with your dis-ease, helped it to improve? That was the first thing that crossed my mind and when you said "I don't know if something I did different helped, or if it just finally wound itself down." I take such careful care of my thoughts to always send out healing and happiness----just in case we truly create our own reality and thoughts are things. Do not find many who think in those terms these days.......I am just very stubborn and determined to keep my world dis-ease free. Judamom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-08-31 10:26 AM (#63296 - in reply to #55544)

Hi Judamom, Your post was the only on the got through for a few hours yesterday morning, so that's a good testament to your powers of positive thinking. I'm trying to reroute those negative pathways in my brain, and create and reinforce new ones. I'm working on it. Thank you to everyone who sent me their good energy, and know I appreciate it and am doing what I can to send my own best out to the universe. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-08-31 3:32 PM (#63311 - in reply to #62820)

Hi friends, I came across an audio book by Andrew Weil with focus on breathing for self-healing. The information and exercises provided are good introduction to Pranayama and Healing. I like the exercise on squeezing air out of lung, which brings more energy into the body; the stimulating breath, which wakes up a sleepy mind and warms the body; and the relaxing breath, which can be practiced at bedtime. The audio book deepened my appreciation and experience with the Breath, which in turn fills my present moments. And if you are interested, it can be downloaded (you need high-speed internet connection as the audio files are huge) for the price of a hamburger meal.  Namaste.

I waited a long time to get into this Post a message screen!

http://music.allofmp3.com/mp3/Andrew_Weil/group_6384/albref_14/mcatalog.shtml

Edited by ystan 2006-08-31 3:52 PM
ystan
Posted 2006-09-03 1:59 AM (#63497 - in reply to #63296)

Bstsqltmkr, if your restless legs persist, consider look up your Reiki friend and have a try on Reiki healing. You can also view this website that provides free attunement, and if you wish to pay for their service you can buy the manuals (which I find it not very useful as compared with other Reiki books I've read). After attunement, you can immediately perform Reiki healing on yourself without the need to seek a Reiki healer. I now know my experience with strong currents in my lower legs previously were the Reiki energies working up my chakras. Hopefully it can work on restless legs. May your legs rest well soon. Namaste. http://www.reikisecrets.com/index.htm

Edited by ystan 2006-09-03 2:07 AM
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-09-04 11:41 AM (#63556 - in reply to #55544)

zuluwarrior:- Your message # 62931 of 2006-08-27. Soaking the feet in hot water for some time before going to bed is very good. One can add a little quantity of common salt in the hot water.

This new post does'nt seem to move fast. Let us all try and give a forward push to this..
judamom
Posted 2006-09-04 1:24 PM (#63566 - in reply to #63556)

We patiently wait for some of your stories Honorable tssundaram............I am busy painting a meditation room in my home/cottage. Shades of blue with one lavender wall. Chrystals surrounding a sunlit window to throw healing rainbows on the walls. As I earn a living painting, it is truly a wonderful meditation. I am also learning Clair de Lune (what a beautiful piece of music that is!--It had to have been more simple for Debussy to write than for this self taught, no natural talent soul to learn)---my strong determination takes me on through life--plugging away. step by step. Happy Holiday! Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-09-05 11:58 AM (#63656 - in reply to #55544)

Tssundaram, It's very good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to more. Ystan, I think I'm all caught up on my lost sleep at last. Saturday night my husband and I were celebrating, and went out to dinner. Shortly after we arrived back home I started yawning, and couldn't fight it. I was in bed asleep by 9pm, and slept for 12 hours. Sunday was a wonderful day, I was so relaxed and rested up. Zzzulu, I've been using the golf ball suggestion on my feet, it feels so good. Looking forward to hearing more about your travels. Namaste. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-09-05 2:29 PM (#63674 - in reply to #63566)

Chrystals surrounding a sunlit window to throw healing rainbows on the walls.

Judamom, it's going to be so beautiful! Hope you take a photo and share it with us. Namaste

ystan
Posted 2006-09-05 2:32 PM (#63675 - in reply to #63656)

Shelly, glad to hear you are sleeping well, perhaps it was the celebration that did wonders? Namaste
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-09-06 10:12 AM (#63768 - in reply to #55544)

Good morning yoga people, Juda, now I know we have more in common, I enjoy painting walls, and have no musical talent, but appreciate it very much. Your new paint colors sound very soothing, like an ideal place to meditate. Ystan, your probably right about the celebrating. Even more reason to celebrate every day. Now it's time to go and enjoy, Shelly
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-09-07 12:02 PM (#63902 - in reply to #55544)

judamom & bstqltmkr:_Your posts 63566 and 63656.Thank you both for remembering me.
I thought that today I must write something about my personal experience on " Cramps" which has been troubling me for quite some time, waking me up from sound sleep mercilessly almost every night. I have consulted Doctors, spoken to my close friends and relations and every one had a suggestion to give, none of which has worked on me to give a cure. I am therefore narrating below my own treatment evolved by me which are a set of exercises for my leg and foot, from which I have found very good relief and frequency of attacks have also got reduced.
For the benefit of all, I thought I will state below the set of exercises I do daily for the legs and feet. I do these daily in the morning.
Sit on the floor with both legs stretched straight in the front with full tension. First bend the toes forward and backward for 2 to 3 mts. then joining the feet together, rotate them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction for about 4 to 5 minutes. Then I started doing "Janu Sirsasana" partially. That is , sitting with one leg stretchedout on the ground ---say first the right leg--- and the other left leg bent at the knee with the heel touching the perinium.thereby making an obtuse angle between the stretched right leg and the folded left leg.In that process I try to push the folded left leg as behind as possible.I remain in this position for about 2 to 3 minutes and then repeat it with left leg stretched and the right leg in the bent position. This has given me relief. Those troubled by cramps can try this and others can include this in their daily routine, also as a preventive measure.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-09-08 4:34 PM (#64057 - in reply to #55544)

Hi Tssundaram, sorry to hear about your leg cramps. I know how painful they can be. My mother swears by putting a bar of soap under the sheet at her feet. I think it was in the newspaper, one of those columns were people write in to a doctor for advise. That's all I know about it though. I hope your exercises are working for you. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-09-09 1:13 AM (#64081 - in reply to #63902)

Hi TS Sundaram, do you use the Indian medical practice of Ayurveda? Here I see a physician (Chinese TCM) to maintain my balance (the yin & yang thing) and well-being. I'm attending a Yoga Nidra class today, I will set my intention to your legs and I hope it can be of small help to ease your discomfort. Namaste

judamom
Posted 2006-09-09 6:02 AM (#64082 - in reply to #64081)

I think it is the most wonderful thing when we attempt to add to the healing energy of another.....what do we have to lose..........it either works or we fill the atmosphere with healing thoughts just the same. What if we all went around blessing one another? Why should only the "high-ups" do the blessings. What a great place this planet would be if we all took it upon ourselves to send blessings to every other being constantly. I can imagine---just like John Lennon wrote in his song. Judamom
ystan
Posted 2006-09-09 1:20 PM (#64098 - in reply to #64082)

Hi Judamom, hope you are doing well. Lately, I bought a piece of jade stone; it is of small rounded shape with a hole at the center. Strangely, when I put it on my solar plexus, it lead to strong pulse sensation in my 1st to 3rd chakras. I was unable to differentiate heartbeat or pulse sensation in my heart area. My question is, how to I preserve this piece of stone, or grow its effectiveness? I paid only 3 dollars for it. Namaste
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-09-13 10:09 AM (#64378 - in reply to #55544)

Hi Ystan, your question about Jade made me curious. My sister recently gave me a pair of earrings made from Lapis lazuli that I'm loving to wear. I put healing stones in the search, and found an interesting site at crownjewels.com. They have a search for the properties of almost any stone you can think of. There's quite a list for the Lapis, and the Jade is even more impressive. Also, I didn't know there were so many colors of Jade. Another site was mentioning energizing your stone through Reiki, but since I know so little on Reiki I didn't linger there. I wanted to mention it to you though, because I know you have Reiki in your history. Hope it gets you started, and that you're enjoying the Jade, What a bargain! Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-09-13 11:55 AM (#64391 - in reply to #64378)

Hi BstQltMkr, thanks for the link, I did a quick check and will visit it for further information. My Reiki training does not incluede stones, and I have not explore stones/energies. It was Judamom who got me interested in Chakras/energies. After adding pranayama (breathing) and Yoga Nidra to my routine, my first 3 chakras seems to be "activated" and I can feel the pulse and energies..felt a little strange though,like there are many little hearts pumping..

TS Sundaram, Judamom and Zzzulu, please share, keep us entertain with your life experiences! 

Namaste

Edited by ystan 2006-09-13 12:16 PM
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-09-15 12:50 PM (#64505 - in reply to #55544)

Ystan:- In your post # 63672 of 2006-09-06 you have made a reference to Reiki,energy and chakras. Please visit page 15 of this particular forum wherein I have made a mention about energy body,bioplasmic body etc. What little I know on this are given below and please correct me if I am wrong..
The Chakras or energy centres as they are called are important part of the bioplasmic body, and there are major,minor and mini chakras.It is said that major chakras are like power stations in the body that supply vital enery to major and vital organs. When the power stations do not function, the vital organs become sick, because they do not get enough vital energy to operate properly. A lot of ailments are caused by the malfunctionong of the chakras. And hence the necessity of energising or activating the chakras. This is done through Reiki practice.
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-09-15 7:34 PM (#64530 - in reply to #64391)

hi all
I apologize for my absence. The travels knocked the wind out this time, and it 's taking more time than usual for me to get back. Any solution for travel weariness and jet lag?

I write more in the new few days.

So good to see everyone.

Namaste

zzzulu
judamom
Posted 2006-09-16 6:50 AM (#64539 - in reply to #64391)

I am normally very energetic and I am feeling a definate energy lack lately. I often wonder what influences mass consciousness plays on an individual. Anyhow, I am journaling my diet, exercise, attitude etc. to see if I can see a lack or excess. I just started yesterday with a fruit juice cleanse--I use my blender alot for these drinks, they are effective and delicious. I will just have to take a day at a time and see if my energy returns. I have not been to a doctor in years--only went for a blood analysis a year ago and everything was as it should be. In fact the person doing the screening said it was one of the best he had ever seen. I like taking the full responsibility for my health but have always felt I would know if I needed medical assistance. I was a nurse so I do not go about it blindly. The journaling is just to get a visual picture of what I am doing to see why my energy level has dropped and see if a change in something can assist it to return. We have been experiencing red tide here in Fla. and I am not walking the beach as much as I am accustom to but have replaced that with bike riding.....yoga stretches are a constant no matter. Just sharing-----since Ystan asked and zzzulu says he is having a difficult time returning to normal after traveling. I think a suggustion on my part is to send encouraging energy to one another. If one is feeling extra healthy or energetic, send it out to others who may just need a boost or a jump start. That is one reason I am very determined to examine why my energy is low...........I feel less effective to share with others. I spend much of my time alone but in constant attitude of sending out peace and harmony--if I am at a weakened state, I have little excess to share. Any thoughts from others on this line of thinking? Hi to all. Judamom
judamom
Posted 2006-09-16 7:07 AM (#64540 - in reply to #64098)

Ystan, I am sorry I did not read this until just now...........it sounds like you are trying all kinds of new approaches to well being. Even that you can "feel" the pulse of your chakras when you have just learned of them. I have been taught that you will come across the stone that is perfect for you at any given time. When you have maximized their use you will come across another....I always pass along a stone when I am inclined to another.......and encourage that person to do the same. I am drawn to crystals at this point in time. It is all helpful on our journey but not a requirement. When you think of it-----what is more wonderful than identifying with a stone or gem. Ystan, trust that you have all the answers within yourself......the stone will grow with you till you have no more need, then pass it on to another. Love without attachment.....the perfect lesson for that. When you come across another that just jumps out and grabs you.....that could be the one for awhile on your journey. Some stay with the same for along time, others not. We are all so wonderfully unique and different and there are diversities of healing tools to match us all. Have Fun!! Judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-09-16 8:35 AM (#64545 - in reply to #55544)

zzzuluwarrior:- Your post # 64530 of 2006-09-16. Nice to see you back in the forum.
For travel weariness and jet lag, Deep breathing should certainly help.You can do it as frequently as you can during the course of the day sitting in a well ventilated room where there is no disturbance. When once the oxygen intake becomes normal you should be alright. Please try.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-09-16 8:58 AM (#64547 - in reply to #55544)

Good morning everyone. I'm thinking on how much we've written here, and feeling good about it. Yesterday my daughter and I put together a new computer dest. I should really take no credit, because she read all the directions, I just did some physical labor. Today my shoulder is a bit sore though, and I have a blister on the palm of my right hand. Some yoga practice later should work some of those knots out. The blister doesn't really hurt either, just a reminder of our accomplishment I suppose.

Today I'm dedicating my practice to all my fine friends here, and sending you all my best. Namaste. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-09-16 11:14 AM (#64559 - in reply to #64505)

A lot of ailments are caused by the malfunctionong of the chakras. And hence the necessity of energising or activating the chakras. This is done through Reiki practice.

TS Sundaram, with my little knowledge, I’m of the opinion Yoga Pranayama(Indian), Chinese Chi-Kung(Chinese) and Reiki(Japanese) are but the same. Perhaps it was originated from India, had spread to other parts of Asia, and was modified and flourished in different cultures.

Judamom, perhaps you can consider one of them to reenergize your energy? Yes, I buy your view and, will send and share energies as frequently as I can.

Wishing everybody with good health, good energy, and contentment in whatever we have been given. Namaste

Edited by ystan 2006-09-16 11:36 AM
ystan
Posted 2006-09-16 11:34 AM (#64560 - in reply to #64540)

Judamom, thanks for your kind advice. As to feeling the pulses in my lower chakras, it started when I felt strong energies in my lower legs for a few weeks after Reiki attunement, and the energy could have move upwards as I started frequent practicing of Yogic breathing, which is part of the Yoga classes I attend. As I had poor energy/health for most part of my life, I welcome the improvement in energy level with gratefulness. Namaste

Edited by ystan 2006-09-16 11:38 AM

Jump to page : < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Now viewing page 11 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)