YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HI
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-12 1:54 AM (#55544)
Subject: HI

Hi Everyone
Dhan, good luck with settling in. Please keep us posted on your yoga path.

TSSundaram, MysticBeauty, Ystan, marvelous mom, Judamom and all the wonderful folks from the blog, hope to see you here soon.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
judamom
Posted 2006-06-12 7:59 AM (#55548 - in reply to #55544)
Subject: Welcome following zzzulu's HI

zzzulu.........I am here after 1 hour of deep breathing.......I love change but do take alittle time adjusting to a system more difficult to use......in my humble opinion. Thank-you for taking the initiative to reunite the beloved yogis. Must we see "emotions" flashing to our left--especially the hit the head against a brick wall---is it trying to tell me something? Had it not been for your HI I would not have persevered for 1 hour to register. I usually take that as a sign---it is not meant to be.......Namaste and looking forward to future sharing......Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-12 8:48 AM (#55555 - in reply to #55544)
Subject: RE: HI

Oops, I just got going here, and I think I'm messing up already. Apparently I have a few things to learn.
ystan
Posted 2006-06-12 11:04 AM (#55578 - in reply to #55544)

I did not do much other than registration and wait for my password, after obtaining my password I log-in and here I am writing my first message! Did I miss anything? Judamom, why did you take 1 hour?

Edited by ystan 2006-06-12 11:08 AM
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-12 5:17 PM (#55605 - in reply to #55544)
Subject: yipee!!!!

Hello ystan and judamon
so good to see you here. Now I don't feel homeless anymore. Judamom, so sorry to hear that you spent an hour getting here. I hope it'll be easier to get here and hope to see you see often.

Now that we have a home, how about taking turns to write something (anything) each week?

judamom
Posted 2006-06-12 6:10 PM (#55614 - in reply to #55578)

So good to see the familier names.........I do not know what my problem was.......they just informed me that I am registered twice....one judamom and when that wouldn't work I registered again as newjudamom........I will have to see what mood I am in...........new or old. A topic each week sounds good....zzzulu why don't you start us out? Right now I had better get off the computer as the Tropical Storm Alerto strengthens in the Gulf. We are receiving wonderful and needed rain as long as it doesn't get too rambuctious. Namast Juda
judamom
Posted 2006-06-12 6:12 PM (#55616 - in reply to #55555)

Join the slowest of the slow here. Deep breathe and continue to join us.....please....Juda
tourist
Posted 2006-06-12 6:32 PM (#55618 - in reply to #55616)

Expert Yogi

Welcome. Am I correct in guessing you are joining us en masse from some other area of cyber space? Could one of you fill us in on your situation?

Sorry about trouble registering. I don't recall having problems but it was a long time ago. There are problems with the site from time to time, as seems to happen everywhere, and it often seems to be on weekends. I think our server is trying to get weekends off work

You can disable the emoticons right under the message box. Just a click will do it.

I hope you enjoy your time here. We are a very diverse group and come from many different yoga backgrounds so we try to be accepting of everyone, although disagreements and debates do pop up. I suggest hanging around and reading past posts so you get an idea of personalities and not jumping to conclusions based on one or two posts, since we are a bit like a weird extended family - emphasis on the "weird" sometimes

Am I correct in assuming you are Iyengar students, hence posting under the Iyengar threads?
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-13 12:31 AM (#55637 - in reply to #55544)
Subject: Hi Tourist

Hello Tourist
You are so right. We are from http://health.yahoo.com/experts/yogayee, Rodney Yee's blog. This blog is closing down, so we were searching for a "new home".

I don't know about if the other people are Iyengar students, but we really enjoy sharing knowledge and experience on that site. I chose the Iyengar thread because my practice leans towards Iyengar style.

I hope you don't feel that we are intruding on you

I have read your posts here on yoga.com and enjoy them a lot.

We shall enjoy the diversity. Thank you for your warm welcome :-)

zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-13 1:50 AM (#55643 - in reply to #55637)
Subject: to share

This has nothing to do with asanas, but maybe there something yogic here. Anyway, it's beautiful, and I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com/
judamom
Posted 2006-06-13 7:26 AM (#55655 - in reply to #55637)
Subject: RE: Hi Tourist

Tourist--thanks so much for your welcome. We thank zzzulu for an opportunity to relocate as our discontinued spot left us with a longing to continue to share. I am a self made student of the Patanjali Sutras. I have loved philosophy for as long as I can remember and read constantly. I was introduced to Hawtha Yoga in the '70's and have been 'hooked' since----of any form of Yoga. I would love to hear a background of Iyengar from you personally when the mood hits to expound on your choice. I love it all--I almost always love life completely. I say 'almost always' because my passion is 'Peace on Our Wonderful Planet' and there are certainly days when I wonder if it will ever happen......at least in my lifetime.....and I do want to witness it. I was soooo encouraged when I read a paper article this last week of a Peace Vigil in Washington that has gone on non-stop for 25 years. The dedicated souls have coordinated non stop 6 hour shifts for "25 years". Then I get encouraged.......also the yearly world-wide Peace Meditation held Jan. 1st every since the Harmonic Conversion----wasn't that in '78? Anyway, the Yogic Philosophy is wonderful and although I cannot put a title on myself to avoid excluding any precious belief system......I do think they all have there wonder and awe and also all get misused by radicals desperate to grasp on to a centering and salvation mode.....I honor ALL. Enough of ME....I love to hear others'. We are in such exciting times if we can continue to send out LOVE the best we can 24/7 and it is such places as these to meet and encourage one another. Juda
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-13 8:29 AM (#55660 - in reply to #55544)

Good morning, at least it's morning here where I am. Judamom, that part about the 25 year long peace vigil was very interesting, I can't belive I've never heard of it before. It makes me wonder how much good news is out there not being reported, probably so we can focus on the latest tragedy. My daughter posts on a forum set up similar to this one, and they are very creative with their signitures(as are some people here). I'm going to have to learn something new, and express myself visually, and see if I can do that. Not right now though, I have some serious procrastinating to do before I get there.
tourist
Posted 2006-06-13 10:10 AM (#55672 - in reply to #55655)
Subject: RE: Hi Tourist

Expert Yogi

Thanks so much for the introduction. I have to say, it felt a bit weird yesterday to read messages of a group appearing here. So sad for you that Rodney's site is closing but happy we are here for you to relocate.

Yes, there are a lot of areas here to explore and many topics. I tend to read pretty much everything but not everyone does that. The Philosophy thread can get a bit "deep" for me sometimes but there are very knowledgable folks there so you will find plenty of sutra talk with them.

My quick story is that I was interested in yoga in the late 60's and 70's but did not get into proper study of it until the late 90's, when my kids were older. The Divine chose (wisely!) to plunk me down in the middle of a very large and active Iyengar yoga area so that is why I went the direction I did. I have now been teaching for 4 years and have an Introductory, Level II certification. Iyengar yoga has not cured all of my ailments, but has most definitely allowed me to "endure that which cannot be cured"
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-06-13 12:41 PM (#55697 - in reply to #55544)

zzzuluwarrior and friends from yesterday's yoga blog:-
I am happy to join all of you in this blog. Thanks to zzzuluwarrior, who has made this reunion possible. It is a common saying that men and women are known by the company they keep. In companionship with the good, habit and nature of all, will always find their best nourishment. There are persons whom to know is to love, honour and admire,and this blog provide that platform for all of us. In a very lighter vein, I may quote a spanish proverb which runs as follows:-"Live with wolves and you will learn to howl". One should live with persons of elevated character and he will feel lifted and lighted up. This small group provides that opportunity for all, and it can grow into a bigger one in due course. This association of mine with all of you, wiser,better and more experienced than me, is more or less inspiring and invigorating to me, and I hope in the long run, this association will enhance my knowledge of life.With these few words I close this small note. From:- T.S.Sundaram.
judamom
Posted 2006-06-13 2:56 PM (#55704 - in reply to #55660)

bstgltmkr--the article was in the Bradenton (Fla.) Herald Tribune, Sunday June 4, '06 in case you are able to pull it up on Internet.....a very interesting piece. Remember the weather alone over a 25 year vigil and it did state they have had to appear in court and thrown in jail from time to time but now they are just part of a Legand and Honored (left alone) for that. Yahoo, it is nice to know there are such determined spirited Humans on this planet of ours that still believes killing solves problems. Juda
ystan
Posted 2006-06-14 12:46 AM (#55766 - in reply to #55544)

Welcome T.S. Sundaram!

Joining this forum, besides getting a brand new home, I have discovered 3 plus points: (1) Paragraphs are allowed, and with proper breaks makes clearer messages (2) include other information as attachment (3) The need for registration / identification will reduce the number of “garbage” postings.

Tourist, for your information, I’m the baby (15 months into Hatha Yoga with breaks in between) amongst these experienced and honorable Yoga practitioners, they are so kind to “adopt” me. However, due to age and fitness level, progress into higher level Yoga is slow but I’m contented to remain at beginners level, and I’m enjoying every minute of it. Thanks for making us feel welcome in this forum.

When is the rest going to knock at the door?
ystan
Posted 2006-06-14 12:58 AM (#55767 - in reply to #55660)

Bstqltmkr, you need to check the box "Enable emoticons" in this Post a message window. Then as you finished with a sentence, double click on the Emoticons on your left and you will see some foreign characters appear, let it be. You can preview and see the Emoticons appearing. I have problem "insert" the emoticons, it seems to always drop at the end of my passage, I need to explore more. Have fun playing. Namaste
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-14 12:08 PM (#55827 - in reply to #55544)
Subject: welcome TSSundaram

So happy you are there, tussundaram. thank you for getting here. Thank you for sharing.

Zzulu
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-06-14 1:01 PM (#55832 - in reply to #55544)
Subject: Introduction.

To all my friends,
What little I read and understand, if they will be of interest to others, always I would like to share with all. Hence I shall use this forum for writing sbout yoga, health, food, diet, etc., which are my favourite themes and other forms of exercises too.. From:- T.S.Sundaram.
toochmerli
Posted 2006-06-14 1:15 PM (#55834 - in reply to #55544)

Hello yogis from Yahoo!! What a lovely way to continue with our visits. As always, I am your happy yoga sponge, eagerly learning from all your wisdoms.

Thank you, thank you zzzuluwarrior! You found us a new home and one that can teach me soo
much! I loved your may your be blessed movie so much that I book-marked it and Wow, what a gift! (I just noticed all the exclamarion points, I hope no one is offended, I am just so happy!)

Thank you tourist for your warm welcome, I promise to try my best to behave myself and learn from all the wisdom here . I don't know what kind of Yoga I do I just love to feel good and healthy, so I have alot to learn and will do so very humbly and gratefully here. I am a stay at home mommy who just lives to grab a short practice each day. It is the high light of every day for me, even with a new puppy chewing on my head haha. That is the way most of my practices conclude.

Edited by toochmerli 2006-06-14 1:41 PM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-15 10:16 AM (#55872 - in reply to #55544)

Thanks for the advise regarding emoticons. If one looked blissful and serene I might be more tempted. I used to be the ones in the bottom corners, angry, or beating my head, but that isn't me anymore. Maybe the one in the sunglasses, but I'm not that cool either. I would like to post an inspiring avatar though, and will have to do some searching. This forum is like a new adventure, and I'm glad to see familiar names, and glad to learn new ones.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-15 11:21 AM (#55885 - in reply to #55544)

Hi Guys. How about this for your avatar Best Quilt Maker?

(quilter picture.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments quilter picture.jpg (64KB - 63 downloads)
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-15 2:44 PM (#55901 - in reply to #55544)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm still chuckling over it. Maybe in a few more years, those hands will be able to represent mine. That pattern is Grandmother's Flower Garden, by the way, and my mother has made it several times. That made my day.
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-17 1:15 AM (#56039 - in reply to #55901)
Subject: Rodney Yee's blog

Hi everyone
after the Rodney's last post, I thought that was it. Then, as you may have already discovered, there's a new post.

It came just at the most perfect time for me. I have to prepare my house for open-house, so needless to say, a lot of tidying-up and making the place look good. Cleaning is one thing I normally do not for the least bit enjoy doing, but pressed by the great motivator--DEADLINE, I began begrudgedly doing the great clean up. Before I know it, I had let go of myself and dropped my pre-conceived notion about the task, and soon, I was singing along, happily and bilssfully scrubbing and cleaning away. I caught myself actually and truly enjoying it. That was when I came to understand (somethiing I never understood before) why cleaning is therapeutic for some people. It's not the cleaning, or whatever one's doing. It's the being-present.

For those what are not familair with Rodney Yee's blog, here it is:
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/yogayee

May the presence be with you!

zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-06-17 1:23 AM (#56040 - in reply to #55766)

I cannot believe Ystan is only a "baby", starting yoga just 15 months ago. Ystan, your writing shows a wise ancient sage, reincarnated to enlighted fellow sentient beings. To me, you are an expert yogi. Perhaps you started the asana part 15 months ago. I suspect you are a yogi/yogini your entire life!

I started yoga (asana) many years ago, but my home practice is still lacking after all this time. One of my challenges is to find a purpose to practice. For better health, better mind? I have to keep reminding myself. The second challege is: which pose to do?

Any advice, anyone?

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)