YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Happy 6-6-6 Day!!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2006-06-06 7:06 PM (#55034)
Subject: Happy 6-6-6 Day!!

Expert Yogi

Well, is everybody still here??? My neice was worried about the rapture today. She wanted my daughter to get saved so they could go to heaven together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-06 7:45 PM (#55035 - in reply to #55034)
Subject: RE: Happy 6-6-6 Day!!

Today has been a really great day.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-07 9:25 AM (#55064 - in reply to #55034)

Creepy to think that folks would consider 666 the "rapture".

Just another piece of evidence that the book of Revalation was written by some nut, and not a true disciple or even a real 'Christian'.

i wonder what my son Christian would say about that?

i don't really like the book of revalation.

Sectarian philosophy that promotes war or hatred or even suspicion is just foul and wrong.

i need a hug, yesterday was an especially hectic day at work and i'm still recovering.

instead of asanas, i came home, picked strawberries, had dinner, then just sat around, asked the wife to bring me some sherbert, then went to bed--i was so, so very tired.

i'm looking forward to my practice tonight!
tourist
Posted 2006-06-07 10:04 AM (#55071 - in reply to #55064)

Expert Yogi

Have a hug, Steve...

((((((((((((((((((((((((*hug*))))))))))))))))))))))))))

And pass the strawberries and sherbert, please
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-07 10:59 AM (#55080 - in reply to #55034)

I'll try this again:

Smoke Crack,
Worship Satan,
Pick Flowers!
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-07 1:06 PM (#55097 - in reply to #55034)

I'm not trying to start a heated debate; everyone is entitled to their beliefs but I'm going to add mine. I do not think Revelations was written by some nut.

there's probably truth in Revelations. But, the scare tactics people use are not very nice. The end of the world is just a change, albeit a big change. I don't think dying is the worst thing ever. I think living in a corrupt world where humans behave like animals is worse. Very depressing. (Sorry - I don't mean to insult animals - some humans act worse than animals. More like viruses)

But, there is so much good out there still! I doubt the world will end in 2012, too, like all the New agey people think. Just think - someone's grandmother in Ireland is saying an extra Hail Mary, which is keeping the world together. And in Tibet, there is some young Buddhist monk chanting one more time, keeping the world together. Sometimes it just takes one person.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-07 1:18 PM (#55099 - in reply to #55097)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-07 1:06 PM

I'm not trying to start a heated debate; everyone is entitled to their beliefs but I'm going to add mine. I do not think Revelations was written by some nut.

well, i do

but, i still love you
(((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

Edited by SCThornley 2006-06-07 1:20 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2006-06-07 1:37 PM (#55102 - in reply to #55097)

Expert Yogi

Hey Fifi,

I was just having this conversation with my sister yesterday. We were really concerned about her daughter and how this information is being presented to her...that is really scary.

The revelations story is really not about a physical thing that is going to happen, it is the description of what happens within ones self when on a spiritual path, it is a metaphor that has been translated literally to control people and their minds. It really sucks too. Actually, revelations, if you read it with an open mind is an interesting book in the bible. It's the idiot that translated it that is NUTS!! This is where I get really pissed about Christianity and how they interpret things so way off base to justify their bloody deeds and to manipulate human beings. These people will only rob your soul. For my 14 year old neice to be upset about that yesterday was quite disconcerning to say the least.

If you think its bad that the world is going to end on 2012, there is another group out there that says we are going to mutate our human form when this supposed "Shift to Unity occurs". Read below some of the ideas presented. Some of it is interesting, but then some of it is pretty scary, especially for the older cultures that will probably be wiped out and the ones that depend on nature to sustain them. It's kinda freaky but at the same time, interesting to say the least.

How will our biological systems will change after the collective shift to unity occurs? Perhaps it is being spurred by the recent release of the movie “X Men.” This is an extremely interesting question, in that, our physical forms will eventually mutate into a more efficient system as it relates to Earth’s ever changing environment. In other words, this will happen more as a direct result of evolution than Soul interference with physical awareness.

Currently, we use so little of our mental abilities, some say only 10%. Science shows that we use more of our mental capacities while sleeping. When awake, our senses dominate mental energy to the point that they isolate all activity to certain brain centers: our senses are first used to fulfill expectations (our need to be right) and then to manage inner conflicts. The more energy we use to “manage” our increasing complicated lives, the less energy our Dyadic awareness has to monitor its evolutionary needs. Are we at the end of our natural mutation; have we taken this form to its highest expression? Not yet.

Soon; within a moment in terms of Earth time, we will take the next big step on our evolutionary spiral.

In unity our mental abilities are evenly used at very high levels of conscious awareness leaving our bodies to act more as pure clothing for the Soul. To give a broad idea of how this would work with the body: Psychokinesis will virtually replace physical power, touch will be used for psychometric observation, intuition and clairvoyance will replace physical sight and mental telepathy will replace uttered language, leaving the sense of smell and hearing as dominate in the body. Taste will be used in ritual celebration by the careful ingestion of certain herbs; the sense of smell will also be used in celebration of life by its activation of the base chakra and hearing will stimulate the pineal/pituitary centers to bring harmony and balance to the body. Our physical forms will take on a very “alien” look - larger heads, less torso, limbs will be less muscular. This is so even for those who will continue with their present bodies into the next cycle – they will have a generational mutation. Aside: If you look at the image of Akhenaton (1350 to 1334 BCE, Ikhnaton, also called Amenhotep IV) you will get an idea of how a body can achieve generational mutation as a response to mental capacity.

We will still use our eyes and their information will be known as spectrally limited. Our voice will be used in singsong type communications with each syllable carrying untold bits of information. Touch between humans will be so intense that each future embrace will equal a present lifetime of pleasure. Death and disease will not be a consideration, nor will sorrow or happiness be experienced as isolated emotions. Joy will replace our current psychology of transcendence/psychosis; happy/sad.

Another response to a lack of conflict will be genderless bodies. “In that time when unity resides as a collective response to life, forms will be genderless owing their full term to be a thousand years,” and, “Duality without existence, nor the plural expression of form, giving over to endless perpetuity if being of that mind” – from The Way translations.

In Genesis it states that Eve was taken from a portion of Adams body and made to be a companion. When they were expelled from the Garden of Eden (the last period of collective Unity) it was made clear that duality would necessitate the mutation of the companion body to allow for genetic birth through the womb. The human species carried the genetic ability from the previous cycle of duality (last 13,000 years of the Lemurian epoch) allowing a quick generational mutation to occur; this collective mutation happened within one lifetime thus allowing a new generation of humans to be born of humans.

I know, this all seems so hard to understand as to possibility. Science has yet to be able to explain itself, let alone the daily exceptions (miracles) it faces as it attempts to more closely define reality.

Watch a small child attempting to color within the lines. It is impossible for that child to know the mental energy that will be needed to sort through all its intimate relationships and required social obligations as a teenager or an adult, let alone the increasing multi-tasking functions expected of it as it moves forward in life. It is hard to imagine what a fully functioning mind will be like and what the physical body will do to accommodate such a mind. Whatever the mutation, it will be more or less, instantaneous.

The genderless state of Adam's Garden of Eden will be favored over the dual nature of male/female sexuality. Why? The conflict within duality will no longer dominate the collective mind and humanity will no longer suffer within the physical body, nor will the physical form suffer the harsh indignity of self-judgment. Complete peace will be the result of no conflict. If a genderless body is capable of a one thousand year lifespan, then there will be a thousand years of peace to be experienced by both the Dyadic awareness and Triadic consciousness. This is the promised thousand years of peace promised in the New Testament with the second coming of Christ.

Edited by Cyndi 2006-06-07 1:38 PM
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-07 1:53 PM (#55105 - in reply to #55097)

That's debatable. Regardless of the man's sanity, or lack thereof, he's got some issues with communicating his ideas to a modern audence. Maybe some bullet points?

there's probably truth in Revelations.

Probably. There's truth in a lot of things, if you can understand it. Frankly I don't think anybody really understand revelations, or the author's original intentions. If they do, they're hiding it pretty well.

The language used is so open to interpretation to not really mean that much. In these sorts of cases you get a sort of psychic ink blot, and what people think is in there is almost more indicative of where they're at, than what was originally intended.

But, the scare tactics people use are not very nice. The end of the world is just a change, albeit a big change. I don't think dying is the worst thing ever. I think living in a corrupt world where humans behave like animals is worse. Very depressing. (Sorry - I don't mean to insult animals - some humans act worse than animals. More like viruses)

I agree. My cat and I chose not to take offense at your words. (Actually, she didn't even realize she was being insulted.... Still playing just like normal. Ignorance is bliss)

The real question is what can we do to change it?

I get frustated with my father's use of Christianity to justify his own lack of action. Part of this is a sort of waiting for Santa approach that says "Someday I will be happy because I'm in Heaven." In the mean time he really doesn't live his life as well as he could, and he uses this as a cop-out. Then there's the ever popular "We are ment to be in the world, but not of it." Once again I agree, but I think it's been distorted to allow us to live with some really evil sh*t.

All of which kinda ties into this idea of the "End of the World" (TM). If the world is going to end (which it will, one way or another) then you really don't have to worry as much about your rent, relationships, stock options, and all the other crap we use to clutter up our days.

Predicting the end of the world is big business. Nothing really succeeds in getting people to ceed control over their lives like a good scare. Look at 9/11 or the Seven Day Adventists. Supposedly their founder predicted the end of the world 3 times during the 19th century, but they're still going strong.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-07 2:50 PM (#55113 - in reply to #55097)

there's probably truth in Revelations. But, the scare tactics people use are not very nice. The end of the world is just a change, albeit a big change. I don't think dying is the worst thing ever. I think living in a corrupt world where humans behave like animals is worse. Very depressing. (Sorry - I don't mean to insult animals - some humans act worse than animals. More like viruses)

But, there is so much good out there still! I doubt the world will end in 2012, too, like all the New agey people think. Just think - someone's grandmother in Ireland is saying an extra Hail Mary, which is keeping the world together. And in Tibet, there is some young Buddhist monk chanting one more time, keeping the world together. Sometimes it just takes one person.

===> Hi fifi: I did not know anything about 6-6-6. In other words, it (this news) was not revealed to me. A few years ago, I heard a similar thing about year 2000. Also, I heard there will be major technological disaster on 1st Jan 2001. And, I also rememember of something like that said about another year. But, no such a disaster took place. Well, if the disaster took place, then there will be no one to verify the truth of the revealation. So, there is no point in discussing whether the revelation is true or not, unless that revelation is to onesefl or related to one's own spiritual growth. But, one must accept one thing. If there was some revelation that xxx thing was going to happen on yyy date. And, that does not happen. One must accept that it did not happen. Whether the person who made the revelation statement is nut or intelligent or good or bad, is not a big problem unless one knows the original person. It can also be a rumor. Whatever, I am glad that NOTHING tragic happened yesterday. And, I can still talk to you.

But, I am scared of that Big SCT's Hug.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-07 3:25 PM (#55117 - in reply to #55034)

I'm waiting for 7-7-7 to come around. Supposedly it's the gemantria opposite of 666. One year, One Month, and One day from now....
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-07 3:48 PM (#55119 - in reply to #55034)

after reading Chicken Little

i'm still waiting for the sky to fall.

k not really
bipinjoshi
Posted 2006-06-07 11:28 PM (#55167 - in reply to #55034)

Sorry but I don't know anything about this day. Just curiocity...can somebody tell me what was suppose to happen? Or was it yet another day on which the mother earth was suppose to vanish?

Edited by bipinjoshi 2006-06-07 11:29 PM
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-08 1:42 AM (#55172 - in reply to #55034)

Thanks for the hug, Steve Thornley.

Since I'm not a participating member of a Christian church or group, I don't know what the word on the street was about 6/06/06/. I've heard more about the year 2012. Cyndi, thank you for your interesting post.

666 is supposed to be the number of the diablito (that's devil in Spanish - doesn't sound so bad in Spanish, does it?).

777 sounds even better! I like all the good stuff written about God. God can only be a source of positive abundance. That's it.

Cyndi
Posted 2006-06-08 6:24 AM (#55179 - in reply to #55117)

Expert Yogi

GreenJello - 2006-06-07 3:25 PM

I'm waiting for 7-7-7 to come around. Supposedly it's the gemantria opposite of 666. One year, One Month, and One day from now....

That's Satyam's Birthday GJ!! Lucky 7's,
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-08 8:38 AM (#55189 - in reply to #55167)

bipinjoshi - 2006-06-07 11:28 PM

Sorry but I don't know anything about this day. Just curiocity...can somebody tell me what was suppose to happen? Or was it yet another day on which the mother earth was suppose to vanish?

Sorry Bipinji! The day is already over. You missed the party. Look out for next year. May be you can give us the party then!
Debby
Posted 2006-06-08 10:41 AM (#55210 - in reply to #55117)

GreenJello - 2006-06-07 1:25 PM

My husband's birthday is 7/7 and one of my daughter's birthdays is 11/11. So when she is old enough he wants to take her to Los Vegas.

Deb
bipinjoshi
Posted 2006-06-08 10:53 PM (#55263 - in reply to #55189)

kulkarnn - 2006-06-08 7:38 AM

bipinjoshi - 2006-06-07 11:28 PM

Sorry Bipinji! The day is already over. You missed the party. Look out for next year. May be you can give us the party then!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)