YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

kundalini syndrome
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-02 12:29 AM (#54581)
Subject: kundalini syndrome

hello,

Does anyone have first hand experience dealing with kundalini syndrome?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-02 9:52 AM (#54624 - in reply to #54581)
Subject: RE: kundalini syndrome

Maybe.

Never had anybody say "You're definitely having a Kundalini rising", but I've had symptoms similar to that listed in some of the western books. Some people will tell you that this is all watered down, and it's really much more intense. Frankly I don't know, could have been a lot of things. I've never had anything debilitating like Gopi Krisna mentions in his book, or that of other people.

Why?
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-02 10:09 AM (#54629 - in reply to #54581)

A received a call from a 42-y.o. man who says he has kundalini syndrome (a self-diagnosis, I presume) and has been dealing with muscle aches and chills for 2 weeks. Our phone conversation was brief but I asked if he went out of the country, he said he hasn't traveled in over 2 years. He went to his primary care physician who, upon examination, told the gentleman there was nothing "wrong" with him. He's been to his chiro for adjustments and had a couple of massages. Nothing has relieved his pain to date.

I researched KS and, to me, it's a combination of syndromes. I'm sure everyone presents differently, depending on one's age, gender and relative health (and state of mind). The good thing is it's only been 2 weeks. In one piece I read about KS, the yogic-psychotherapist people liken it to PTSD. Or, it could be much deeper.

Personally, I've never attempted kundalini yoga; I'm scared of it. I enjoy being smack in the middle of the bell curve of human senses and "energy". Not too low, not too high.

This will be an interesting puzzle, sorting out the Western pieces, the kundalini (yogic) pieces and Yin/Yang theory.

I would be grateful for a first hand account, if anyone out there has experience. thanks
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-02 10:58 AM (#54640 - in reply to #54581)

Can't really be of much help. Most of my experiences have been pretty mild, nothing to the level that I was unable to function or in pain. Probably not that different from most people's experiences really, I just happened to find a couple of books on Kundalini afterwards, which made sense to me.

I'd also point out that this was long before getting into yoga, or performing much in the way of traditional spiritual practice, beyond working hard, and being a decent human being. I'm guessing in this gentleman's case that he's in a similar situation. Everything was fine, and then one day WHAMO!

So I wouldn't worry about having a kundalini experience just because you took some classes. If anything, understand the process would make it easier, rather than harder, because you could direct it, and work with it better.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-02 11:25 PM (#54715 - in reply to #54581)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-02 12:29 AM

hello,

===> Please define this term.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-02 11:38 PM (#54716 - in reply to #54715)

kulkarnn - 2006-06-02 11:25 PM

hello,

===> Please define this term.

Good point. Also why is this gentleman contacting you?
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-03 1:22 AM (#54721 - in reply to #54581)

Good suggestion, Neel. This definition is from wikipedia. Like I said, I'm not too familar with it. I am very interested in what you think about this.

Scroll down to get to the syndrome part:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-03 11:13 PM (#54768 - in reply to #54581)

Dear fifi:

First thing is you are assuming/refering to KS terminology because the caller thinks he has KS. Possibly, we do not know the caller in sufficient details. If that is true, we start with wrong assumptions.

Second, unless one sees the person under query, there is nothing one should do in such a case.

Third, muscle aches and chills, etc. can occur from various reasons. And, the person went to doctor whereas he thinks he has KS in mind. That means, person thinks he is a girl but goes to boys school. This is all contradiction.

Going to Wikipeadia for definition is not a big problem for me. But, what they have written there does not result in one's getting much clarity. It actually seems to confuse the reader or at the most refers the readers to other possibly useful material.

With this methodology, the process of solving the problem of the person can be a sure failure or at the most very time consuming. So, I suggest: a) Meet the person b) See what you can do directly.

Additional: The definitions given in the Wikipeadia are written in such a way that there is NOTHING sure about the thing. Each time some other work is quoted, with the terms such as it is a theory, it is though by people, it is a concept of so and so, some people think this way whereas other think other way. And, now the reader is left to think in his/her own way.

Final: For Kundalini consulting, the interested person should a) invest time and energy to find proper resource. b) And, then be prepared to invest another time/energy to understand that person. c) and, then again invest time/energy to make use of this knowledge to get experience.

Real Final: Kundalini is NOT a concept, but is a reality. However, due to the reasons sited above in Final, not many with experiential knowledge are available. Whereas those without experience satisfy their curiosity with writing or talking about it.

Peace
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-04 2:17 AM (#54771 - in reply to #54581)

He diagnosed himself with KS 2 weeks ago.

Turns out, he hurt his shoulder back in Feb 2006 lifting something heavy and has a hard time sleeping due to the pain. What people say and what they present with are two different things.

He was the opposite of what I imagined. I imagined someone with Graves disease or someone with really bad post traumatic stress disorder or even someone possessed (I believe in possession). It's the possession part that makes me feel nervous. That's beyond me.

While he studies kundalini, he was not practicing the physical aspect of kundalini yoga.

Thanks for everyone's input

GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-04 9:31 PM (#54822 - in reply to #54771)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-04 2:17 AM

He diagnosed himself with KS 2 weeks ago.

Turns out, he hurt his shoulder back in Feb 2006 lifting something heavy and has a hard time sleeping due to the pain. What people say and what they present with are two different things.

Any being in pain and not sleeping at two excellent ways to raise kundalini, or at least start to hallucinating, take your pick. Reportedly some sects overload the body with pain in attempt to reach these sorts of states. Personally, I'd not a big fan of this approach, just a little too extreme.

He was the opposite of what I imagined. I imagined someone with Graves disease or someone with really bad post traumatic stress disorder or even someone possessed (I believe in possession). It's the possession part that makes me feel nervous. That's beyond me.

Not really sure what you were expecting. Unless you're sensitive to the energy of the people around you, or really observant people undergoing this sort of thing might appear pretty normal. For that matter, most of the lists of symptoms I've read sound like completely normal stuff, it's just in combination that it becomes more like to be some sort of KS. As Neel so aptly put it, the list of symptoms on the Wiki page is pretty vague. I've seen better lists, but they also suffer from the same issues.

While he studies kundalini, he was not practicing the physical aspect of kundalini yoga.

Not really important in my experience, if anything it would probably make things smoother.

I also read an interesting book called "Living with Kundalini", where the author claimed to have had a very dramatic case. His only spiritual discipline was meditating every morning at 6 am, and he felt normal for years, and then one day WHAMO!
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-04 11:38 PM (#54832 - in reply to #54581)

I've been working on my boundaries so I don't have to pick up peoples' energies. I never thought being empathic was a good thing. Not in today's world with the speed of information and the prevalence of hard core (street) drugs, to name a few.

got to run

GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-05 12:22 AM (#54834 - in reply to #54832)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-04 11:38 PM

I've been working on my boundaries so I don't have to pick up peoples' energies.

How? I tend to struggle with this, which is one of the reasons I like cincy, people generally aren't all that pushy around here.

I never thought being empathic was a good thing. Not in today's world with the speed of information and the prevalence of hard core (street) drugs, to name a few.

It can be very good in a number of different situations, since it will give you a very early warning of when things are going wrong. It's also helpful for determining people's true intentions, and when they're feeding you a line of crap.
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-06-05 1:40 AM (#54838 - in reply to #54581)

I like people from the MidWest, too.

Call me jaded, but my mantras have changed over the years to 1.) guilty right off the bat until proven otherwise 2.) no good deed goes unpunished

It's awful. I used to trust everyone. That's wrong, especially for females. I'm not saying men are bad, it's just more criminals tend to be men.

My first response in my head to this guy calling me & telling me he has KS is that he is bored with his life and opened some weird portal, like playing with the ouijii (wee gee) board. Plus, diagnosing himself with an esoteric disorder...I don't know. You know, some people are proud of their disorders.

I tend towards Judeo-Christian stuff because it feels safer to me; God doesn't forget us or want us hurt. Not sure about other entities out there. Plus, with j-c thought, right is right and wrong is wrong. It's very clear cut to me. But, I am so far from perfect.

I think it must be difficult to have rock solid boundaries in the MidWest because in your heart you know for the most part people are trying to do the best they can. Many of your friends are probably trustworthy to the core. You are in a better place than say, SF. I read your post on that a couple of weeks ago and responded in my mind but not on the keyboard.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-06-05 10:14 AM (#54884 - in reply to #54838)

*Fifi* - 2006-06-05 1:40 AM

It's awful. I used to trust everyone. That's wrong, especially for females. I'm not saying men are bad, it's just more criminals tend to be men.

More violent criminals yes. Women have other games they like to play that usually aren't illegal, even if they are immoral.

My first response in my head to this guy calling me & telling me he has KS is that he is bored with his life and opened some weird portal, like playing with the ouijii (wee gee) board. Plus, diagnosing himself with an esoteric disorder...I don't know. You know, some people are proud of their disorders.

Which is usually my response too, even when it's happening to me. It's like, whatever, lets get on with what's going on.

I tend towards Judeo-Christian stuff because it feels safer to me; God doesn't forget us or want us hurt. Not sure about other entities out there. Plus, with j-c thought, right is right and wrong is wrong. It's very clear cut to me. But, I am so far from perfect.

Which is the trade-off. Simple rules that you can't live up to, resulting in lots of guilt. I'm pretty done with Christianity, but it's definitely strong on right and wrong.

I think it must be difficult to have rock solid boundaries in the MidWest because in your heart you know for the most part people are trying to do the best they can. Many of your friends are probably trustworthy to the core.

Maybe. Actually I find I have strong boundaries around here because the people aren't as pushy. They also seem to have some basic levels of respect that go beyond, anything I can get away with is fine.

As far as my friends go, I've got some really good ones, and ones that I don't trust. The ones I don't trust it's more a matter of the petty little games they want to run, rather than whether so and so is going to steal from me, or something else really bad. I don't know that that's all that different than anywhere else.
ricardobserrano
Posted 2008-06-03 6:18 PM (#108099 - in reply to #54581)

Two solutions to treat Kundalini Syndromes

Most qi-healing practitioners and seekers on the spiritual path who want to attain self-realization or enlightenment are beset with Kundalini syndromes due to qi blockages or congestion in the blood and meridian circulation. As a long-time Qi-healer and seeker to attain realization of Buddha nature, having personally suffered physical, mental and emotional kundalini syndromes for years, I have been personally looking for a permanent solution to these kundalini syndromes. Two solutions to treat kundalini syndromes which have greatly assisted me personally are basically: Qi Gong practice and drinking alkaline hexagonal kangen water that effectively remove the qi blockages and acidic wastes in the body’s meridian and blood circulation.

More Notes on Kundalini Syndrome

Many people experience Kundalini Syndrome without ever knowing it, especially practitioners of meditation. When Kundalini energy starts to flow abundantly in a person who has not developed or maintained a clean energy system, then it can cause certain physical, emotional and mental problems. Common physical effects would be overheating, discomfort, exhaustion or hyperactivity. Emotional problems might be heightened temper, depression or manic states. Mental problems might be lack of concentration or oversensitivity to surroundings. When one starts experiencing Kundalini Syndrome, one should temporarily stop or reduce the meditation practices, and concentrate on purifications of the energy bodies. Salt baths and following a vegetarian diet will help to cleanse the energy bodies. From my personal experience, alkaline vegetarian diet, Qigong and exercise alone are not enough to purify the body and subtle energy bodies, and has to be supplemented with drinking alkaline water. The highest grade of Alkaline kangen water available from a water ionizer machine such as Leveluk SD501, a Medical Device approved by the Japanese Ministry of Labour and Welfare, is a God send to totally cleanse the acidic wastes of most people suffering from kundalini syndromes, and restore the body’s pH balance or alkaline (yin) and acid (yang) balance.

"The key to mastering health is to regulate the body’s Yin and Yang" - Neijing Suwen (Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Medicine)

Ricardo B. Serrano, R.Ac.
http://www.qigonghealer.com
ricardobserrano
Posted 2008-06-03 6:19 PM (#108100 - in reply to #54581)

Two solutions to treat Kundalini Syndromes

Most qi-healing practitioners and seekers on the spiritual path who want to attain self-realization or enlightenment are beset with Kundalini syndromes due to qi blockages or congestion in the blood and meridian circulation. As a long-time Qi-healer and seeker to attain realization of Buddha nature, having personally suffered physical, mental and emotional kundalini syndromes for years, I have been personally looking for a permanent solution to these kundalini syndromes. Two solutions to treat kundalini syndromes which have greatly assisted me personally are basically: Qi Gong practice and drinking alkaline hexagonal kangen water that effectively remove the qi blockages and acidic wastes in the body’s meridian and blood circulation.

More Notes on Kundalini Syndrome

Many people experience Kundalini Syndrome without ever knowing it, especially practitioners of meditation. When Kundalini energy starts to flow abundantly in a person who has not developed or maintained a clean energy system, then it can cause certain physical, emotional and mental problems. Common physical effects would be overheating, discomfort, exhaustion or hyperactivity. Emotional problems might be heightened temper, depression or manic states. Mental problems might be lack of concentration or oversensitivity to surroundings. When one starts experiencing Kundalini Syndrome, one should temporarily stop or reduce the meditation practices, and concentrate on purifications of the energy bodies. Salt baths and following a vegetarian diet will help to cleanse the energy bodies. From my personal experience, alkaline vegetarian diet, Qigong and exercise alone are not enough to purify the body and subtle energy bodies, and has to be supplemented with drinking alkaline water. The highest grade of Alkaline kangen water available from a water ionizer machine such as Leveluk SD501, a Medical Device approved by the Japanese Ministry of Labour and Welfare, is a God send to totally cleanse the acidic wastes of most people suffering from kundalini syndromes, and restore the body’s pH balance or alkaline (yin) and acid (yang) balance.

"The key to mastering health is to regulate the body’s Yin and Yang" - Neijing Suwen (Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Medicine)

Ricardo B. Serrano, R.Ac.
http://www.qigonghealer.com
abbyeagle
Posted 2008-12-10 3:54 AM (#112308 - in reply to #54581)

Hi Fifi, Can you give me a specific description of kundalini syndrome? I think i can add something to this forum.

Abby Eagle http://www.abbyeagle.com
sagopalm
Posted 2008-12-11 10:55 PM (#112318 - in reply to #54581)

hello,

Just have a look at the text below; scroll down to Experiences on Awakening of Kundalini.

http://yoga-age.com/modern/kun2.html#_VPID_2

It is from the book Kundalini Yoga by Sri Swami Sivananda.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)