YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aloe Vera Drink?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

Thushara
Posted 2006-06-01 2:39 AM (#54424)
Subject: Aloe Vera Drink?

I have lot of Aloe Vera plants at home. Can any body tell me how to make the Aloe Vera Drink?
And is it really good to drink Aloe Vera or is it meant only for external use?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2006-06-01 6:20 AM (#54440 - in reply to #54424)
Subject: RE: Aloe Vera Drink?

My mother has found drinking Aloe Vera an invaluable aid to protecting her sensitive stomach linking from the effects of her arthritis meds and our GP confirmed it didn't interfere with the absorption of these so I would say, yes, drinking it is safe.

Fee
Thushara
Posted 2006-06-01 7:47 AM (#54443 - in reply to #54440)

So How did she make the drink?
Orbilia
Posted 2006-06-01 8:32 AM (#54451 - in reply to #54443)

I'm afraid she didn't. You can buy it in the health food shops. It is sometimes mixed with fruit as it tastes pretty foul on its own.

Fee

Posted 2006-06-01 8:58 AM (#54459 - in reply to #54424)

it really depends upon the aloe plant. not all aloe plants are good for injesting. research before you try with your home plants.

i buy aloe juice from the health food store. it comes in gallon containers. i do mix it into smoothies. it tastes like unsweetened, thin lemonaide on it's own.
tourist
Posted 2006-06-01 11:07 AM (#54494 - in reply to #54459)

Expert Yogi

Thushara - the juice from your home plants will likely taste VERY bitter and cause you a lot of problems. See if you can buy it for drinking and just use the plants for external uses.
Thushara
Posted 2006-06-02 3:33 AM (#54595 - in reply to #54494)

thanks everybody for the advise.. No the readymade juice is not available here.. And Im happy that I posted the question here.. I have not even tasted it.. I searched the web and people have different openioins on drinking fresh Aloe Vera..
slimfit
Posted 2006-06-30 2:13 AM (#57217 - in reply to #54424)

hey at my place they are all aloe vera freaks, i just dnt get it how they can take that thing! it smells gross and looks weird.. is there really benefits of that plant?
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-30 9:45 AM (#57230 - in reply to #54424)

I've heard of it taken in drinks, but have no idea of the processing methods. I know a piece can be rubbed on skin irritations, but my problem is keeping the plant alive. Even my mother who has a nice green thumb killed the Aloe Vera plant I gave her, and it wasn't the first one she had. We've tried something different everytime, but no luck.
RedMoon
Posted 2006-09-19 12:37 PM (#64768 - in reply to #54424)

I became familiar with Aloe Vera only after moving here to Costa Rica. They use it for just about everything. I was told of the many benefits of drinking aloe after complaining of a tummy ache. The way one indigenous family does it is to simply cut an Aloe leaf off the plant, slice the leaf in several places longwise and then pop it into a jug of water and let it sit over night. You want to drop the leaf into the water as soon as possible if not immediately after cutting it from the plant. I personally rinse the leaf I will be using while it's still connected to the plant so I don't get dirt in the water.

Please remember there are many different species of the plant and to my knowledge only a few show strong medicinal qualities. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE DIFFERENT VARIETIES AND THEIR PURPOSES BEFORE INJESTING as I am not a doctor and am only passing along information that was given to me. I have never had a problem after drinking Aloe juice (on the contrary quite the opposite) but that is not to say my experience will be your experience. Hope this helps.

God/Goddess bless!

P.S. I have had problem skin since my youth and by rubbing a fresh cut leaf on my face my acne has cleared and the scars have all but disappeared. I also use it on my hair as my hair is extremely dry and it's worked wonders!
Cyndi
Posted 2006-09-19 1:07 PM (#64772 - in reply to #64768)

Expert Yogi

Aloe Vera has been around for years. I used to buy products from a company in Texas that claimed and they really were in fact, the first company to ever patent the stabilization process of aloe. Seems that if you just bottled it, it would loose its healing and medicinal properties....like in the form of all the nutrients of evaporating...poof, gone. So, this company had an entire line of aloe products which were very good. This was back in the late 70's early 80's. My favorite was the aloe vera drink. Then they had facial and cosmetic products. The plants that I eat are the ones with real fat and long stems. Hard to describe. All I know is that if I lived in the deep south, it would grow to be very big, whereas here in the mountains, I have to bring indoors and pray a cold snap while I'm away from home doesn't kill it.

Redmoon, I envy you in Costa Rica..I've been trying to figure out how I can escape somewhere - maybe permanently for a while and Costa Rica keeps coming to my mind,

Edited by Cyndi 2006-09-19 1:10 PM
susanchain
Posted 2006-09-25 7:21 AM (#65305 - in reply to #54424)

I often buy yoghourt with it from shops. It tastes good and is really good for stomach. My stomach is very sensitive since I was a little child. It makes my stomach feels so comfortable. And aloe vera is also made into drinks which contains its juice and some capsules which are sold as a health protactive product. And it also has the other benefits too. I have read it in a newspaper .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)