YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heart Palpitations - Why?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

tigrsunam
Posted 2006-04-10 11:56 AM (#49173)
Subject: Heart Palpitations - Why?

OK..I know this forum is not a replacement for sound medical advice. However, I hate going to the doctor for random symptoms and if I am fine and can avoid it I want to. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this:

Anyway...been having heart palpitations over the weekend, with increased frequency. On Saturday they few and far between and I kinda attributed it to gas. I did practice yoga for a while...working on drop backs, which i successfully did a few. Still a new thing for me to do, so I felt pretty elated afterwards.

Yesterday, they came a little more frequent. My digestive system was back on track and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Did not practice.

Today, practiced full primary series this morning, with assisted dropbacks. Nothing unusual and didn't have any noticeable palpitations. Inverting was a little more difficult that usual, but sometimes it is. Since practicing, I've been having this weird rushes every 15 minutes, about. Am feeling more anxious than usual...but can't determine if its the heart palps or just the way I feel. Otherwise I feel good.

Something to note: In the last few days I've been intensely aware of how much tension I hold in my neck and shoulders (mainly because they have HURT!) and have been constantly been relaxing them as I go about my business...which is way hard and it does have a sensation to it that is hard for me to describe. I have a bodywork session on Wednesday to address the problem.

I will call the doctor if things get worse and/or doesn't get better by tomorrow...thanks for reading!

Edited by tigrsunam 2006-04-10 11:57 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
shnen
Posted 2006-04-11 10:28 AM (#49287 - in reply to #49173)
Subject: RE: Heart Palpitations - Why?

Heart palpataions can be caused by so many things... panic attacks to hypoglycemia to angina. Its best to keep a diary of the things you have been doing, the circumstances, and things like what you have eaten - what you were doing to set it off, along with any other feelings you may be having.

... and please - see your doctor!
Sezo
Posted 2006-04-11 4:13 PM (#49323 - in reply to #49173)
Subject: RE: Heart Palpitations - Why?

hmm perhaps its a sign of an irregular heart beat? The heart goes oh heck I missed a beat and goes a bit wobbly for a min or so. My aunty has it every now and then, but she leads a completely normal life at 71!
But it could be something worth checking out at the doc. Hearts are fairly important!

Sezo
x
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)