YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cronic Sinusitis issues
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

shnen
Posted 2006-03-12 6:41 PM (#46471)
Subject: Cronic Sinusitis issues

I grew up in a small town, no pollution (only manure) till I was 18. At that time I moved to Toronto (really big city), and within a day I had sinus issues.

That was almost 12 years ago, and to this day I am still dependant on nose sprays containing steriods and tons of sinus medication a year. My doctors have told me I am allergic to the pollution and my body can't handle it - and for me right now moving is not an option.

Unfortunately the sinus medication they have out these days leave me unable to concentrate - and harldy able to function, just barely covering the pain that I am in, while I use my perscription nose spray (Flonase) to try to stop myself from getting infections. If I do not do all this I end up with an infection that I have to go on antibiotics for... one fall I was on antibiotics 3 times!!!!

Now I hate drugs, all drugs, yet I am constantly having to take all thesedrugs - and to make matters worse we haven't had a real winter up here - you see the temperature fluctuations drop and raise the pollution in the atmosphere - sending my sinuses into chaos!
It has gotten to a point where it isstarted to effect my day job... I am edgy and lack any sort of real control over my brain when I am on all these drugs... and its not that I am flying off the handle - but I don't have the level of awareness that I need, that anyone needs in their life.

To top that all off I also get barometric migraines - so this past winter where the temperature can go up and down like a yoyo - along with the baraometer at the same time - this has been a rather painful number of months.

Does anyone else suffer like this from sinuses? or have they and they found anything to help more without effecting your self awareness? I am at my end here - its been 12 years of taking way to many drugs, and it leaves me feeling like a teenager one an emotional whim rather then a self aware mature adult.

I need anyones advice - I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday, but I really need to know if there are any natural alternatives to combat my allergy to pollution... I am really at my wits end...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
fragola
Posted 2006-04-09 9:21 PM (#49113 - in reply to #46471)
Subject: RE: Cronic Sinusitis issues

Shnen, I feel sorry for you because I know very well what it's like. I took gazzilions of medicaments with no effect when somoene recommended me sucking oil. I remember I was pretty suspicious but I did try. and you know what? my sinus is no more a problem.

some info from:http://www.cysticus.de/english/hygiene.htm

Sucking oil
What is sucking oil and how does it work?

The therapie, which origins in Russia, is most effect-full, if practised with sunflower-oil from organic farming. Oil is chewed in mouth, pulled through the teeth for about 10 to 20 min. The oil is mixed with saliva and emulgates slowly into a milk- kind fluid. After chewing it has to be spat out again, because it binds all the toxic substances which have gathered in the mouth and throat area.

The Clou: the emulsion binds water- soluble and fat- soluble toxic substances. So sucking oil works on a clensing and on an excreting basis.

The indications for sucking oil are wide ranging:
respiratory tract: cough, bronchitis, cold, flew, asthma
mouth and throat: inflammation of the gum, gum bleeding, paradontosis, tonsillitis...
head: dry eyes, burning eyes, conjunctivitis...
heart and circulation: heart- rhytmen disorder, thrombosis, instabil circulation...
skin: eczema, neurodermitis, skin- irritation, acne, psoriasis...
digestion : gastritis, stomach- aches, colon- ulcer...
others : urinal-tract infections, caries, illneses due to fungus...

Why are the indications so wide ranging???

The continuing sucking- movement stimulates the thyme- gland (centre of immunity)
The saliva- glands do not only function as digestive organs, but also help to excret toxic substances (the blood-circulation is increased)
The chewing stimulates the lymph- streem. Lymph, especially in the head- area, depends strongly on the muscle- movement at the cheaks, temples, neck- region, etc…Lymph cleans the tissue and strongly influences the immunesystem...
Chewing keeps the larynx open, it works like a fine autogene drainige, mucus is loosened.

Can you use other oil?

Yes, but the sunflower oil is blessed with the whole power of the sun.
While chewing we pick up the light- energy- particles, the photons, which are stored in the poly- unsacchurated- faty- acids of the oil.

How to chew the oil?
2 or 3 times a day you slurp a teaspoon full of oil into your mouth. It is important that it is already here emulgated. After 10, but even better 20 min. you spit it out again and brush your teeth. Never should the oil be swallowed.
nuclear_eggset
Posted 2006-04-09 9:32 PM (#49114 - in reply to #46471)

I used to be on flonase, claritin, singulair, and advair, year round. While I'm not sure exactly what helped it all, I know that finding out I was gluten-intolerant and going gluten-free did make a difference. Of course, I also avoid all the chemicals I can avoid, and all the rest of that. But don't overlook food intolerances affecting your immune system; they can manifest in the sinuses.

I am currently on advair again, but just moved to a colder, wetter climate, in time for fall/winter (cold/flu season) when my asthma is likeliest to pick up again. It hasn't appeared to be a problem for my allergies so far, but we'll see how I adjust as spring blooms. ;-)
Orbilia
Posted 2006-04-10 6:01 AM (#49138 - in reply to #49114)

Ok, I've suffered from chrnic sinusitis all my life and developed a severe allergy to grass in my late teens. Acupuncture radically reduced my allergic reaction and I can not recommend it highly enough.

For sinuses in general, the cleansing practise of Jala Neti has been shown to help a lot (running 9% warm saline from one nostril to the other in stage 1).

Whenenver I get an infection, I sleep with an electric oil vapouriser running and I try to make sure that I do steam inhalation as often as possible (you can keep your home moist simply by boiling a kettle once an hour by the way as a dry environment can make things worse).

It may be worth keeping a diary of what you eat and of your symptoms as certain foods have been known to aggrevate sinus issues, especially dairy.

Good luck,

Fiona
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)