YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water consumption
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

kulkarnn
Posted 2006-05-04 6:24 AM (#51199 - in reply to #46094)
Subject: RE: Water consumption

I apologize if my above link is not working.

just do the following: go to www.google.com, advance search, and search on all words: anil naidu water blue planet
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2006-05-04 9:00 AM (#51220 - in reply to #51199)

Expert Yogi

I don't get it NB, what are we suppose to be looking for?? Is this about water consumption or not enough fresh water to consume??
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-05-04 9:24 AM (#51224 - in reply to #46094)

Cyndiben:
Please paste the link in your browser and then hit enter. Download the pdf file and read it. You shall find that water consumption which is must for a human being has been exploited to make huge profits by trying to privatize the water production.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-05-04 10:01 AM (#51231 - in reply to #51224)

Expert Yogi

Oh yea, I already know that story NB...we've been howling about that for years!!! My Native American friend gets very upset about the fact that we have to PAY for water....like he says, water is suppose to be FREE!!!
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-05-04 10:40 AM (#51250 - in reply to #46094)

Yes Water is FREE! We are just paying for getting it delivered! Or, paying for containers!

What is that one can do about this?
Cyndi
Posted 2006-05-04 10:50 AM (#51254 - in reply to #51250)

Expert Yogi

Well, in that case we could say that about our food too!! Look at how we have evolved...it's that almight $$ rearing up it's ugly head.

What can one do about this?? Grow your own veggies, make your own honey and dig an artesian well. That is probably not likely for most, so you guys have to keep paying for your deliveries and containers. If you come to my house, bring all your containers, fill them up for the drive back home. I have 5, 5-gallon water containers that I keep filled with my NC water while I'm at my other home in Atlanta. I cannot deal with the water problems in that city, it is gross. Thank goodness for Whole Foods and the water purifiers they have, for if I run dry. I just don't like paying $0.49 a gallon for it!!!
samantha77
Posted 2006-05-05 7:42 PM (#51453 - in reply to #46094)

Extreme Veteran

Has anyone here tried Fiji Water?  Here in NJ that is the best water I have ever tasted.  As far as making sure I drink enough water, I always have a water bottle somewhere near me, a Brita pitcher at home, and I keep a glass of water by my bed at night.  I don't necessarily drink unless I am thirsty, but if I didn't have the water right by me, I would go for sodas or coffee when I felt thirsty.  I did notice that my complexion improved a little when I started making a conscious effort to drink water.  That was good motivation for me

Samantha

SCThornley
Posted 2006-05-05 8:57 PM (#51458 - in reply to #46094)

Well, this week at work I got to find out about

ANOTHER contaminated Municipal water supply and track the contamination TRICHLOROETHENE, again from unauthorized dumping

TRUST ME PEOPLE, FILTER YOUR WATER OR AT THE VERY LEAST HAVE IT TESTED

an Iowa home owner called me, his whole family has arsenic poisoning and physical expression of the poisoning---In Iowa the water supply is commonly above the federal regulatory limits for Arsenic. But this fella's whole house was contaminated, like he was sitting on an Arsenic dump or an Arsenic vein in the earth.

If you don't filter your water, in this day and age, you're asking for trouble----I'm an environmental analytical chemist, I've run my fair share of water samples.

kulkarnn
Posted 2006-05-05 11:38 PM (#51466 - in reply to #46094)

Well, I have now decided to drink the purest possible water and eat the best possible food, at whatever best (not least) price I can afford.
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-05-06 12:25 AM (#51469 - in reply to #46094)

I wonder about bathing in munipical water, too.

Las Vegas water is uber nasty. I think it's fake water.

I fear one day we will have to pay for the air we breathe and for the space our bodies naturally take up. We will pay a tax for being alive.

SCThornley
Posted 2006-05-06 9:52 AM (#51492 - in reply to #46094)

Well,

at the very least,

if you can afford to

filter your water, or get clean water

washing water is less important than drinking water

Drinking water will impact your organs and Kidneys and Liver are the ones that express the physical symptoms of poisoning first.

OH, yeah, one of the places that we find contaminated environments is basements

so if you have a leaky basement, fix it or stay out of the basement.

Posted 2006-05-09 10:58 PM (#51930 - in reply to #51453)

I like Fiji H2O and drink it while I am at work. I think it tastes the best. Everyone else I work with in the dental office drinks sodas--go figure. I know I don't drink enough water, but I do like the taste of Fiji water over the rest of the bottled H2Os.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-05-10 9:00 AM (#51965 - in reply to #46094)

http://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/circ1292/pdf/circular1292.pdf

this will give you a good comprehension of what sort of issues we face in the USA when it comes to our water supply---i'll be reading this pub for my job

trust me when i say, "it's better to filter your water, no matter where it comes from"

better safe than sorry, when you're old and your kidneys start to fail and you liver is overloaded with toxins.......(I've had plenty of family pass away over the years, and seen even more family friends get old and die in ungraceful fashion)

Death, it's waiting....let's make it wait just a little longer

Edited by SCThornley 2006-05-10 9:00 AM
GreenJello
Posted 2006-05-10 10:44 AM (#51979 - in reply to #51965)

SCThornley - 2006-05-10 9:00 AM

http://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/circ1292/pdf/circular1292.pdf

this will give you a good comprehension of what sort of issues we face in the USA when it comes to our water supply---i'll be reading this pub for my job

It's 112 pages, maybe an executive summary?

trust me when i say, "it's better to filter your water, no matter where it comes from"

I thought this was taken care of with the clean air and water act passed in the 80s? I'm fairly lucky to live in Cincinnati/Kentucky where we've got a LOT of different sources of clean water. I know it's a big problem in some areas of the country, such as the South West, and Colorado
SCThornley
Posted 2006-05-10 11:20 AM (#51989 - in reply to #46094)

based on the work I've done

water treatment facilities are acient and falling apart, this is the infrastructure that was supposed to be such a hot button topic, are any of them being rebuilt? NO.

the long and short of it is filter your water

even the process of chlorination to clean water creates problems that won't kill you today--they'll just make your final years more painful than they have to be or worse hasten you to your final years.

Ohio and Kentucky have their hot spots of contamination

i've done work in those states as well

Dry Cleaners are toxic
Gas Stations--got any of those nearby?
How about agriculture?

Do you know the source of your water

If you have a well, when was the last time it was tested?

MTBE has only been used since the 70's and it's in most of the water supplies, because Gas Stations are everywhere, and they leak, fact.

some chemicals have been used for 100's of years

yeah, but this is just an expresssion of my attachment to this material world,

sooner or later we all die.......and then what?

if we come back to this, we should really try our best to clean the place up a little, ya' know?
if for nothing else, do it for the kids
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-05-11 8:33 AM (#52069 - in reply to #46094)

thanks very much, for the info and valuable work.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)