YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

natural cold prevention
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

ktodd
Posted 2006-02-21 6:52 PM (#44355)
Subject: natural cold prevention

Winter has definitely arrived and I don't want to get sick. I'm wondering what preventative measures people are taking...I went to Costco the other day and I saw this new product called TriMune, it's supposed to naturally support the immune system and defend against the common cold. Has anyone tried it, suggest it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-02-21 9:20 PM (#44386 - in reply to #44355)
Subject: RE: natural cold prevention

Hello,

I haven't heard of TriMune, but I have heard about Transfer Factor, an immune enhancement supplement. I heard about TF from an older woman who tried it herself when none of her doctors could figure out what was wrong with her. After that lady's testimony I decided to try it and I like it. The bad thing is it's a multi-level marketing product and it's expensive (like $70.00/month supply). I always feel like an idiot when I buy MLM things.

Anyway, TF worked very well for me over this past winter - no colds or flus. It's supposed to boost your immunity something like 403% !!!!!

I am wondering if anyone else in the yoga.com community has heard of Transfer Factor?
shnen
Posted 2006-02-22 7:45 AM (#44425 - in reply to #44355)

I haven't heard of transfer Factor at all - perhaps its not in Canada yet...

I just do my daily vitamins and up the C a bit to give it a bit of a boost, if I feel like I am coming down with something i do the echnacia and goldenseal combo, but besides that I don't do much.
ktodd
Posted 2006-02-24 12:53 PM (#44781 - in reply to #44355)

After doing some more research and talking to my herbal mom I decided to go with the TriMune, it has Vitamin C, Zinc, Echinacea, and Andrographis! Not a bad line-up for immune boosting nutrients! Oh and it's inexpensive only 14.99 for 60 tablets! Give a try and beat getting sick!
Donut
Posted 2006-02-25 7:39 AM (#44852 - in reply to #44355)

I'm a firm believer or GSE - Grapefruit Seed Extract (not grape seed extract) for colds. At first sign of cold simpton start your cocktail - small amount of grape juice w/10-15 drops of GSE. The grape juice cuts the bitter taste the best. Mix real well & drink immediatly or it settles to the bottom. Take this mixture 3-6 x's a day, just like it was a pill. Remember this is a holistic mix - no quick fix. It will keep or minimize your cold symptoms away, but if you have a bad sinus infection it may take up to two weeks to kick it, but I've know people to have sinus infections for months! Its not really an immune builder but more like a system cleaner. Here is the web site if you want to read more. Good luck.
http://www.nutribiotic.com/GSELiquid.htm
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)