YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Airborne
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

Kabu
Posted 2006-02-08 3:21 PM (#43257)
Subject: Airborne

Okay, I've taken this stuff on two separate occasions when I felt the sniffles knocking at my door (and we're talking congestion/sore throat). Both times, symptoms were gone in 24 hours. My 10 year old has had equal success.

Is it the Airborne, or are we lucking out? I have no idea.

Husband thinks I'm nuts, but I'm cold-free, so I don't care. We still have the end of the flu season to get through, so I'll update you guys on our human experiment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2006-02-08 3:25 PM (#43258 - in reply to #43257)
Subject: RE: Airborne

As long as you don't give any to your dog, because then it would be testing on animals.

I've seen that stuff at Target - that's really good to know! I've been struggling with the cold that never ends all winter long. I'm hoping that since I finally got that infected tooth pulled, I should be on the expressway to full recovery. But, I lost my voice in class today so apparently I could still use a little help.

What's in it, do you know?
Cyndi
Posted 2006-02-08 4:46 PM (#43265 - in reply to #43257)

Expert Yogi

Hi Lori,

I posted this once before about Airborne and Tamiflu.  It's not about *lucking* out, it's about the ingredients in these formula's.  Three of the main ingredients are Lonicerae (YinHua) which is a type of Japanese Honeysuckle (not the N.American type), Forsythiae (Lian Qiao) and one of 2 versions of Isatidis - Radix (ban lan gen) and folium (da qing ye).  These are well established Chinese Herbs that have been around for a couple of thousand of years.  This is not new, however, it is new to Western Medicine.  It has nothing to with being lucky, it has everything to do with Western Medicine is just discovering the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine that has been around for thousands of years.  If you think that's good, you should try having acupuncture along with it.  It can shorten a flu virus by weeks into only a couple of days with less barely noticed symptoms. 

As for giving it to animals.  I treat my animals (cats, dogs and birds) all the time with these ingredients.  Cat's respond very well to this particular formula because they are more prone to respiratory symptoms.  Dogs do okay with it and have done fine with the formula, however, dogs are not proned to respiratory problems.  Therefore, there would not be a need to give it to them.

As for your husband thinking you are nuts....well, that just goes with the Western MD mindset...which is why I don't do Western Medicine.

Kabu
Posted 2006-02-08 4:52 PM (#43267 - in reply to #43258)

According to the box:

Vitamins, amino acids and stuff, plus:

"Herbal Extracts" (Lonicera, Forsythia, Schizonepeta, Ginger, Chinese Vitex, Isatis Root, Echinacea)

Tom thinks any benefit would come from the Vitamin C and could be obtained through diet, but I've tried to kill colds with orange juice and C supplements. It never worked for me.

If you try it, dissolve it in fruit juice or something like that. It doesn't taste so great by itself.
Kabu
Posted 2006-02-08 4:59 PM (#43268 - in reply to #43265)

Cyndi, he may change his tune next time he gets sick. Bet he'll come looking for me..."Where's that Airborne crap? Let me try it."
Cyndi
Posted 2006-02-08 5:10 PM (#43271 - in reply to #43267)

Expert Yogi

Actually I will never try Airborne because I have my own formulas that have more than just these 3 ingredients.  My formulas have several other herbs that support the body's internal organs to work with the other 3 mentioned in my previous post.  This is where Western Medicine does NOT get the complete benefits of TCM, because they really don't know WTF they are doing and are only practicing it half A$$ed.

Vitamin C does not clear a cold or virus.  Vitamin C and other vitamins should be gained from eating your fruits and vegetables as a preventative measure, not to heal.  Besides, half the vitamin pills that people take do not get utilized within the body...Contrary to popular belief and western practices.  Besides, if that were true, how come so many people in the west stay sick all the time with flu's and viruses and are always getting surgery for this and that?? 

Kabu
Posted 2006-02-08 5:24 PM (#43273 - in reply to #43271)

Well, for obvious reasons, I don't want this thread to become a West vs East Med discussion. It would be silly to prefer one over the other since both have much to offer. The West doesn't have all the answers, and it's not like people in the East don't get sick.

A blend...that would be nice.

Cyndi
Posted 2006-02-08 5:41 PM (#43275 - in reply to #43273)

Expert Yogi

Well it would be really hard to debate this anyway Lori because Eastern Philosophy takes a certain mind to be able to comprehend how it works.  That is not an insult to you personally, but is a fact. You cannot blend the concepts together in the manner that your're talking about...however, in TCM, they do use Western concepts but it is seperated from the Traditional methods.  Things such as Airborne and Tamiflu are possible, but like I said, it's not the complete treatment that you would get if you were using Traditional Chinese Methods.  I personally do not want to see it blended because I am a naturalist and I want to keep the TCM methods PURE.  IF the West gets a hold of it, they will do what they did to Yoga which is something else we could debate about too.  I'm glad the Chinese are stingy with their knowledge, because this is the reason that it has been around for thousands of years.  Yes, they do get sick too, that is unavoidable, in any culture.  One of the reasons they are getting sick is because they have a higher population than we, and their younger generations are dropping their culture for our western ways.  Although, the Chinese are seeing this and are going back to their traditions, using only our methods that are proven and that work.  The west is very well known and admired for their trauma recovery's, which is where TCM is lacking.  However, the west is extremely POOR in preventative medicine...which is very pitiful, but coming along....but not nearly at the rate it should be considering we should be smarter than where we are with all our wonderful technology. 

Edited by Cyndi 2006-02-08 5:41 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)