YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quote on being in the now
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

shannon
Posted 2006-01-27 3:36 PM (#42096)
Subject: Quote on being in the now

What is your relationship with the present moment? Are you denying it, resisting it or welcoming it? Since it is LIFE itself, you might as well welcome it!

by Eckhart Tolle

Top of the page Bottom of the page
heliotrope
Posted 2006-01-29 11:14 PM (#42334 - in reply to #42096)
Subject: RE: Quote on being in the now

Living in the present keeps us young, it keeps us happier, and it makes us better... But living in the present cannot be possible if we did not have our past to compare it with, and our future could not be defined if we did not know what we are doing today to get there.

Visualize your future, and accept your past-- the good and the bad. The wonderful memories you miss and long for, as well as the times you would rather forget--acknowledge that they have passed. We are the product of who we were, we are the product of who we want to become...We are what we've thought, eaten, written, questioned, noticed, bought, touched today. The same for tomorrow. I only hope to have more goodness to remember.
Bay Guy
Posted 2006-01-30 10:10 PM (#42418 - in reply to #42096)

Expert Yogi

shannon - 2006-01-27 3:36 PM

What is your relationship with the present moment? Are you denying it, resisting it or welcoming it? Since it is LIFE itself, you might as well welcome it!

by Eckhart Tolle

That's not easy to encapsulate...In some areas, I am simply coping with life. In others,
it's an ever-opening flower, and I just follow along, watching breathlessly.

Which reminds me of a quote:

" For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have a heart, on any path that may have a heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel--looking, looking, breathlessly." ... Carlos Castenada, "The Teachings of
Don Juan"
GreenJello
Posted 2006-01-30 11:07 PM (#42433 - in reply to #42096)

Thanks Bay Guy, I've been meaning to re-read Carlos's books for years now, particulary to re-read that quote, and to see if I've learned anything since I ditched them in cali. (I was pretty burnt out, and pissed at the time, looked like the mountains had won again)
Sadhu
Posted 2006-02-01 1:54 PM (#42595 - in reply to #42096)

"Now" is probably the most resounding insight after experiencing samadhi, at least bhava samadhi. A variety of symptoms may ensue, though the gravitas of the conspicuous "now" is one of the most profound.

When saints return this knowledge to society at large, it may or may not be understood, some will attempt to fathom further, others will mimic yet not comprehend, and still others will mock and not want to comprehend and/or prevent others from comprehending, often "in the name of the lord, of course". This is part of why yoga gets such a bad rap in western cultures, the root of judaism, yet not recognized as such due to "forbidden zones" among the primate inhabitants of this Plane-of-the-Apes Orwellian paradigm.

That asside, the eternal now is most resplendent in daily life between two or more who love each other, between parent and child who fathom infinity in their mutual trust and eternal care, within the same between lovers as they fathom infinity within their mutual surrender, polishing every kosa concurrently within the swirl of their sublime kiss. Knowing this feeling, witnessing it in others, acknowledging its pervasiveness in all this, in the longings of their hearts, through the vistas/vistaras of their pursuits, and in the arrival at their desideratum, this eternal now and pervasive love is ubiquitous in all things to the sincere seekers on the spiritual path. This alone is dharma, this alone is satya, our mission, your mission in this life and beyond.

Edited by Sadhu 2006-02-01 2:14 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)