YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waking up with headaches
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

samantha77
Posted 2006-01-18 6:36 PM (#41366)
Subject: Waking up with headaches

Extreme Veteran

The past week or so, when I wake up in the morning, I have a headache.  I've tried adjusting the way I sleep, watching what I eat closer to bedtime, and a couple other things, but nothing has worked.  I do have a history of migraines, but these aren't migraines.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this, or what I can do to fix it?  Thanks!

Samantha

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-01-18 6:59 PM (#41372 - in reply to #41366)
Subject: RE: Waking up with headaches

Expert Yogi

I hate the wake up headache! I have had a lot of them lately as well. Not migraine but what a crappy way to start your day. Is your room too hot, too cold? Ack - I won't list them since as a migraine person I know you have probably done all that... Maybe a little neck release stuff before bed would be a good idea for both of us
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-18 7:14 PM (#41375 - in reply to #41366)

Extreme Veteran

I know, it is a terrible way to wake up!  My room is too cold for my comfort, but I do have alot of blankets on my bed. Now with heat and electric being so expensive, I have to "conserve"   I'd rather jack the heat up and pay the price!  I think tonight I'm going to try a video I have by Rainbeau Mars that is for relaxation.  She has a really nice neck release portion.  Maybe that will help?

Samantha

Kabu
Posted 2006-01-18 8:08 PM (#41379 - in reply to #41366)

Does it go away after you've been up for a while? Or does it hang out with you all day?
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-18 9:14 PM (#41382 - in reply to #41366)

Extreme Veteran

Sometimes it stays around all day, but most of the time it goes away after I've been up for awhile and taken tylenol or something.  I hate to take anything, but headaches are just so annoying!

Samantha

Kabu
Posted 2006-01-18 9:41 PM (#41384 - in reply to #41382)

Yeah, HAs can really cramp your style. They drain so much energy.

If they continue, I would consider seeing a doctor. I don't remember your earlier post ~ did you mention where it was exactly? One particular area like your migraines, or somewhere else like the back of your head?

I've had different kinds, but I've had them since I was 19. I was initially checked out by docs, and eventually we settled on the migraine/muscle spasm combo HA. So for me, HAs are old news.

But if they aren't common for you, or this particular kind is brand new and hanging around more, I would get worked up (meaning worked up by a doc, not get upset ). It's probably nothing more than muscle tension, hormones or the weather...something not too exciting. But any time the HA is new or behaving in a new way, you should take a look.

I hope they disappear! They are crappy, aren't they? You have my sympathy.
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-19 9:20 AM (#41409 - in reply to #41366)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the advice.  Maybe I will go see a doctor.

Samantha

tourist
Posted 2006-01-19 10:45 AM (#41418 - in reply to #41384)

Expert Yogi

Kabu - 2006-01-18 6:41 PM
They drain so much energy.

YES! That's what it is! Funny, I have often talked about how exhausting pain is in general, headaches and otherwise, but it is that they DRAIN the energy on otp of the energy you have to put out to remain functional while you have one that is so devastating.

I woke up with my new morning headache today. It is definitely muscle related and this one seems like it will go away as I warm up and move around. One thing that I think has contributed to this is the Hellerwork I have been doing. It has really changed my musculature to the point that it is all responding differently to how I move (as well as changing HOW I move, I am sure) so my whole body has to readjust. I'll just try to be patient

Posted 2006-01-19 11:52 AM (#41426 - in reply to #41366)

is the weather in your area erratic right now? my sinuses take a beating from changing barometric pressures. i can wake up with a head ache, or one can come on fast if the weather changes rapidly. For example, yesterday the day started at 62 degrees F, then mid-day fell to 40 degrees F, and then by nightfall was 24 degrees F. and, we had clouds, rain, snow/ice, and then clear skies. it was fast--like over 10 hours. my head went wonky.

sometimes, when the weather changes rapidly overnite, i wake with a head ache because of it.
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-19 2:14 PM (#41436 - in reply to #41366)

Extreme Veteran

The weather has been pretty erratic here.  It snowed on Sunday, was 50 degrees by monday, dropped until yesterday when it got warmer, but we had crazy winds and rain.  I don't know if this is causing it for me though.  I think it started before the weather.

I'm sorry you woke up with a headache today, Tourist!  Did my post trigger it?   I had one too, but it went away pretty quickly after I took tylenol.  The annoying thing is that it wakes me up before my alarm goes off, so I lose my last precious half hour of sleep!  I wish it could at least wait until I'm supposed to be awake already.

Samantha

tourist
Posted 2006-01-19 7:01 PM (#41460 - in reply to #41436)

Expert Yogi

samantha77 - 2006-01-19 11:14 AM
I'm sorry you woke up with a headache today, Tourist!  Did my post trigger it?  

No, I think it was spontaneous

samantha77 - The annoying thing is that it wakes me up before my alarm goes off, so I lose my last precious half hour of sleep!  I wish it could at least wait until I'm supposed to be awake already.

Samantha

OMG - we are soul sisters - or headache sisters or something like that. WHY the half hour early??? But I feel ok now
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-19 10:11 PM (#41474 - in reply to #41366)

Extreme Veteran

What makes it even worse is that I can't even just pop the tylenol and go back to bed.  When I wake up with the headache, I then realize I have to go to the bathroom, and once my cat realizes I'm up he comes meowing for food.... It's just all downhill from there!

Samantha

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)