YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OT - Looking for Name Ideas
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-10 10:10 PM (#40678)
Subject: OT - Looking for Name Ideas

Expert Yogi

Okay DYF (short for dear yoga friends, as DD would say),

I was asked today by some friends who owns a little country store to bake some on the go items for their country store - to sell. They like to have home made items that are prepared by local artisans such as myself. Things like individual mini-banana breads, muffins, breakfast bars, sticky buns, cookies, and whatever else I chose to do that people in my area would like. This has the potential to turn into a small made to order baking company, baking specialty cakes and desserts for parties, and whatevers. Believe it or not, this is really my specialty. I strictly do organic baking as well!

So, what I'm looking for is some kind of "catchy" name or phrase to label my items (a company name) and for my little sign that I will put in the basket. I'm trying to stay in the area of "On the Go", "Treats", by Cyndi Lu (something that sounds kinda country and cute), & maybe something country and mountain-ess. Any ideas?? I will accept anything (please be nice I'm looking forward to seeing some cool ideas. This should be fun and interesting...

As an incentive, I will ship some samples to the person who gives me the best idea,

Thanks a lot!!

Cyndi
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-01-10 10:48 PM (#40682 - in reply to #40678)
Subject: RE: OT - Looking for Name Ideas

Cyndi's Mountain Munchies--do I win for at least being first?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-01-10 11:09 PM (#40685 - in reply to #40678)
Subject: RE: OT - Looking for Name Idea

Local Organic Treat - That means a LOT!
GreenJello
Posted 2006-01-10 11:54 PM (#40692 - in reply to #40678)
Subject: RE: OT - Looking for Name Idea

Mountain Momma's Baked Goodies!
From Cyndi Lu to You!
Kabu
Posted 2006-01-11 12:30 AM (#40697 - in reply to #40678)

Cyndi - 2006-01-10 10:10 PM
As an incentive, I will ship some samples to the person who gives me the best idea,

Well, that's all *I* needed to hear!

*rudely tramples over the others* (as if one can otherwise trample politely)

"Lovin' from the Oven" ~ Cyndi's Kitchen

Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-11 10:28 AM (#40722 - in reply to #40697)

Expert Yogi

Wow, this is interesting. It looks like I'm going to end up sending my samples to everybody Keep it coming, I'm getting some really good ideas. I have to make a decision by the weekend.
laurajhawk
Posted 2006-01-12 6:31 PM (#40864 - in reply to #40678)

"Cyndi Lu's Fresh 'n' Natural Treats" .... that's your baked goods.
"Cyndi Lu's Fresh 'n' Natural Buns" ... that's more baked goods, AND your first yoga video (to be followed, of course, by "Fresh 'n' Natural Abs", "Fresh 'n' Natural Power", and "Fresh 'n' Natural Stretch"!)
sideshow
Posted 2006-01-13 4:17 PM (#40927 - in reply to #40678)

how about...

Treats of the Moving Mountains

Mountain Girl Harvest Foods

Cyndi's Mountain Treats

The Backwoods Bakery <-- I like that

Earth to Mouth; treats for the soul

yeah...thats just a quick brainstorm..if i come up with anything else...you will be the first to know

*Fifi*
Posted 2006-01-13 4:52 PM (#40933 - in reply to #40678)

I like THE BACKWOODS BAKERY.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-13 6:11 PM (#40943 - in reply to #40933)

Expert Yogi

Wow, Thanks guys...it's always fun to get ideas and put them together.

I like that too SS and Fifi....I really like that a lot. Sorry Brucebhai, I was leaning towards the Mountain Munchies, although, I'm not finished yet. A bakery can have all kinds of goodies...mountain munchies, backcountry trail mixes, even local organic treats too! My friends at the store will like the backwoods name too. We love names like that. How can I use the word, "Youins"?. That is a old popular saying around these here hills. Like Youins have a good day. Youins come back now, ya hear? Youins enjoy them there cakes.

Anyway, I can't use the words Fresh, Lovin' (sorry Lori, it's not me although, I may have some lovin' treats for the doggies), or Organic because I may have to use Non-Organic, but locally grown and somewhat organic sometimes where flour and nuts are concerned, but I do use locally made flour from an old operating grist mill. Using the term Organic get's sticky these days. But, Locally made is good and I could use "Local Backwoods Bakery". I'll let you guys know when I'm finished....I may get this name trademarked and be another Sara Lee,

As a side, I will be offering made to order cakes and desserts for parties. We live in an area that is seasonal with tourists - (no, not you Tourist), so who knows, that may be a good thing to get going around here too!

Edited by Cyndi 2006-01-13 6:13 PM
sideshow
Posted 2006-01-13 6:21 PM (#40945 - in reply to #40678)

maybe you should do this....in much the same vein as sara lee and the "nobody doesnt like sarah lee!" jingle...

Backwoods Bakery
"Youins for a treat now!"

Or something..."youins enjoy a treat now ya hear" or.."youins know its better from the backwoods(or backcountry)"

Just some thoughts...
Mitch
Posted 2006-01-13 7:04 PM (#40953 - in reply to #40678)

Cyndi:

Let me be the advertising geek for a bit here. What is the most important message that you wish to convey here? What's most important - that the treats are portable, organic, or made by Cyndi? Where do you see this ultimately leading to? Will your future plans contradict with your current thoughts (e.g. you plan on baking non-on the go foods down the line - hence an "on the go" targeted name is too limiting long term). Will this intersect with your bee business?

I've got lots of leading questions for you if you want to play along...

Posted 2006-01-13 7:42 PM (#40960 - in reply to #40943)

No need to apologise Cyndi--you KNOW though Mountain Munchies is the right thing--covers all you do--your heart tells you it's right....don't listen to others telling you to think about it...the years and experiences you've had have developed the proper instinct to know the right thing and what you want...sure "youins" is cute but when the passers-by take your MOUNTAIN MUNCHIES home--do you want them to become an urban joke with a bunch of white wine drinking loosers laughing at people for using colloquial language?? NO! You want your MOUNTAIN MUNCHIES appreciated for what they are--sumptuious delicacies made by hand with home-harvested honey by the goddess of the mountains--my Cyndi Lou Who. So again, no need to apologize, just listen to all the suggestions based on marketing savvy and logical thinking and pick a name that will NOT inspire an alligence that is destined to become legendary--Cyndi's Mountain Munchies.
sideshow
Posted 2006-01-13 7:51 PM (#40962 - in reply to #40678)

No no no....

You know that Backwoods Bakery is the right choice. Its catchy and has an odd number of syllables - 5 - which and we all know that odd numbers are auspicious, total letters is 15, so see there you cant go wrong. I am however with Bruce on the not using youins thing.....but if you want to i gave you suggestions.

You know that is the name....Backwoods Bakery. its universally understood...
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-13 7:56 PM (#40965 - in reply to #40953)

Expert Yogi

Hi Mitch,

Well, actually I was asked to do this little simple thing, provide some homemade muffins and rolls for breakfast and on the go items. Then we were all sitting around talking about how this could lead into so many other things. Which I'm all game for...with one exception. I am taking this very slowly. Here in the mountains, we do things that way - slow. The treats are portable, from the mountains/backwoods and by CyndiLu. No, I doubt this will go online, however, that is always subject to change, but I'm not going in that direction. I am mainly looking at supporting some local area business's with local hand made items. Most Tourists around here are looking for homemade items to take home or eat in their car on the way back to Atlanta from the weekend trip to the mountains. The Honey will definitely be a part of this, but at the present time, I'm not doing any honey. I'm raising bees to get my honey business established. The honey is seasonal and is not a guarantee every season due to weather and the amount of honey I wish to keep or sell. Most of my surplus honey will be for my consumption and friends...I'm not looking at a honey business until further on down the road, like a couple of years. Unless of course we have a really really good sourwood flow this summer.

Let me also say, that this is one of those situations that is stress free. I mean like, I travel alot and there are going to be times when my items will not be available...and its okay. Everyone around here expects that, because that's the way we are. So, for now, I am really playing around to see what will happen and I'm not putting that much energy into it. I really don't need a business, I have another *real* business, this new idea was all in fun. My idea is to turn this into a "Fun Business". If it doesn't stay fun, then I quit,

So, GJ, this is what I'm going to say that I do for fun, I cook treats and provide them for the local business's because it makes people happy to receive homemade food and treats,

Does that help Mitch?
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-13 8:05 PM (#40967 - in reply to #40960)

Expert Yogi

OMGod...Dear Lord, please help me,
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-16 9:50 AM (#41036 - in reply to #40967)

Expert Yogi

Well, Brucebhai, You won!! Everyone liked your name. Okay, where do I mail these "Mountains Munchies" to??

(CyndiLu's Mountain Munchies.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CyndiLu's Mountain Munchies.jpg (88KB - 227 downloads)

Posted 2006-01-16 10:37 AM (#41049 - in reply to #41036)

Hot ****! I was just thinking yesterday after an extended hot yoga session that I was STARVING and wishing there were some Mountain Munchies to come home to--as it was, I had to stop at the Flying Saucer and do some Guinness and a fine selection of cheeses. I'm emailing you kiddo!
Mitch
Posted 2006-01-16 12:02 PM (#41057 - in reply to #40678)

Hey Cyndi:

I like Mountain Munchies. In fact, my main problem in getting into marichyasana C appears to be the fat roll acquired from years of having the munchies!

If you're looking to appeal to tourists, I'd recommend adding a line to the label like: "Homemade organic treats fresh from the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina" or something to that effect. That way, the tag/label can be more of a keepsake/momento of their trip. (I'm not actually sure where the blue ridge mountains are, but you get the point).

Also, I kind of like using the bee as an icon. And bears. You know, cutesy animals are always popular.
Kabu
Posted 2006-01-16 1:57 PM (#41077 - in reply to #40678)

Hey look...it's Cyndi! Nice hat.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-16 7:04 PM (#41113 - in reply to #41077)

Expert Yogi

Thanks guys for all ya'll's help. Mitch - when I get big...you can be my marketing manager. Bruce - your "munchies" are on the way, and Lori, if you ever need some "lovin munchies" from the mountains...email me and I'll send you a menu,

Take care,

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)