YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yogatalk
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

damien
Posted 2006-01-01 8:07 PM (#40056)
Subject: yogatalk

If anyone is interested here is a link to a newsletter which has been released by the yoga studio I am doing my teacher training. There is a great photo of teacher trainees performing adho mukha svanasana and one of our teacher trainer showing how it should be done
Theres also a photo of me performing a very tamasic adho mukha and a photo of an adjustment to correct the pose.

ps. I am looking very flushed in that photo as I held the pose for what felt like an eternity

http://iyoga.com.au/pdfs/yogaTalk1.pdf

Happy new year all.

Edited by damien 2006-01-01 8:11 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-01-01 9:52 PM (#40057 - in reply to #40056)
Subject: RE: yogatalk

Expert Yogi

damien - I can't seem to get australia on the ether waves tonight. I think I have been toyour site before, though. I'll try again later
tourist
Posted 2006-01-02 2:43 PM (#40075 - in reply to #40056)

Expert Yogi

I got into the site today and I am happy to see it has some of the great articles I remember readng there. One of my favourites is "How yoga transformed me" by BKS Iyengar. It is really inspiring to me to know that he started out physically in much worse condition that most of us yet has overcome that with his diligence and persistance.

Oh - and it also has the great BBC interview on audio. Love it

And that down dog - so tamsic! Looks great Can you move the head of the thigh bones yet? I just figured that one out sometime in the past year or so...
damien
Posted 2006-01-02 8:48 PM (#40101 - in reply to #40075)

I am still working with that adjustment and I am slowly moving the heads of the thigh bones back. I never really understood what was happening in my dog pose until I recieved that adjustment. The intelligence in my lower back was almost none existant and it would curve due to the shortness of my hamstrings. By coming from cat pose with a concave back I have been able to focus my attention there and I am now developing an awareness there. Progress in asana is a very slow one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)