YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vitamin B12
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-21 5:27 PM (#34869 - in reply to #34468)
Subject: RE: Vitamin B12

I've been reading this thread and here's my intuition about what's going on:

I can tell Green Jello enjoys reading each and every post, especially posts from Zoebird. I think some posters have a "chemistry" (not sexual, just mutual interest) and I could tell Zoebird and Green Jello would have a special bond after reading they both like Metallica.

I think Green Jello doesn't want to miss a word from Zoe's posts but for lack of time or energy (it does seem to take a certain energy of the eye/brain to read off a computer screen) he can't throughouly (I can never spell that word!) read and respond to her in-depth and well researched posts.

For myself, my problem is three-fold: 1. Sometimes I don't have time to read each word in a post. 2. Sometimes I'm too tired to read off a computer screen. 3. I often have the attention span of a gnat.

Zoebird formats her posts in short paragraphs, which is almost like reading bulleted information (which is great for short attention spans). Whew, I'm done!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2005-10-21 6:29 PM (#34874 - in reply to #34468)

fee:

thanks for your ideas and assessment. perhaps that is part of the larger picture.

i also had a great deal of trouble with 'thoroughly' for many years. i have trouble spelling in general, and so i strive to improve by learning to spell and type one work properly until i 'get' it, and then i move onto another word. i'm still learning 'therapuetics.' i'm getting there--i'm not entirely sure that's right. I've been working on it for months. usually, it helps me to have a way of thinking about it.

for 'thoroughly' i think "throw roughly' and then 'thoroughly' and that seems to get me there. i know it's weird.
tourist
Posted 2005-10-24 2:05 PM (#34975 - in reply to #34874)

Expert Yogi

Oh you kids! I go away for the weekend and look at the mess you have made of the house

zoebird - you know me kiddo. I never meant to suggest your posts were too long in any way except that they are indeed too long for me to read sometimes. And as somebody says, I would prefer to be able to read every word but sometimes I can't and that is absolutely fine with me. I know I often either give the quick and dirty answer or don't answer at all and that is sometimes not at all satisfying for the OP. I kind of count on you to come in and give the full scoop, to be honest. And of course, as always, I stand in awe of your typing skills!

I know I should say something personal to each of the others who were in this conversation but I am jet lagged and my eyes are starting to glaze...sorry!

PS - we are trying to get my MIL on some B12 to help with memory loss. I'll let you know if it works.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-10-24 2:38 PM (#34980 - in reply to #34874)

Expert Yogi

Well, the main problem I have with ya'lls typing skills is that being the perfectionist Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant that I am..not to mention an English teacher......sometimes, I cannot deal with the non-capitalization and punctuation!!! It would take me an hour just to go in and make all those corrections. like this for instance. i want to take a trip to europe and possibly go to italy. L - like, I - as in I, E - europe, I - Italy all should be capital letters, not lower case,

Edited by Cyndi 2005-10-24 2:56 PM
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-24 2:58 PM (#34984 - in reply to #34468)

That's funny, Cyndi. I have a hard time reading posts (from anyone) using improper grammar and punctuation, too. It seems harder to read - almost like I'm reading slang or incorrect syntax and my brain tries to fix it along the way. It's downright exhausting.

(I have a personal pet peeve against the use of "i" when it should be "I", as in I am Fifi or I am a dolphin. When I was on Match.com a few years ago I automatically deleted men who wrote in all small letters. Just symbolic, I guess.)

All caps aren't good, either. Too much like yelling - see Sideshow's link to types of posters...

Hope everyone's having a good Monday ~
susanchain
Posted 2005-10-27 10:49 PM (#35312 - in reply to #34468)

Thanks for your info. I really appreciated it. They're helpful.
My statement or question, I think it should be both of them. I just post some info which I read in the newspaper or internet, and I want know your ideals, for I am not so sure of it. I think it would be helpful for me and the others. And also I want to give my students the correct answer if some of them ask me about it.
It's not that I don't care. It's only today when I have time to come here. Thank you all. Don't be upset.
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-28 5:19 AM (#35329 - in reply to #34984)

Me too Fifi (ref. Match.com experience)! Amazing!

Fee
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-28 12:14 PM (#35351 - in reply to #34468)

hee hee hee...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)