YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Master Cleansing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-05 6:13 PM (#33771 - in reply to #33674)
Subject: RE: Master Cleansing

Try .edu
Top of the page Bottom of the page
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 7:04 PM (#33775 - in reply to #33674)

Sorry! www.achs.edu

tourist
Posted 2005-10-05 7:45 PM (#33784 - in reply to #33775)

Expert Yogi

I always thought snarky was English because my English grandparents said it. But then again I have heard Brits say "sarky" as short for sarcastic.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 8:49 PM (#33787 - in reply to #33784)

what do they say in canada? i am obsessed, you know.: )

in NJ we just swear. Jeansyoga would fit right in!

i don't want to hear about a colonic. really i don't.

anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 9:51 PM (#33792 - in reply to #33733)

Orbilia - 2005-10-05 12:40 PM

Amazingly enough, cayenne pepper has a very soothing effect on temperamental intestines, contrary to all expectations :-).

The other spice I should have mentioned earlier is ginger. My mother could eat the crystalised form until it comes out of her ears so she shakes most of the sugar off by rolling a hand-full at a time in a sieve over the sink. I prefer ginger ale (not so strong as the beer).

Fee

you know, when I was little, anytime i had a cold my mom would make me drink a small amount of tomato juice with black pepper and cayanne in it..

I love ginger fresh with a pinch of salt.peppermint is good too, for the tummy.

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 11:27 PM (#33797 - in reply to #33674)

You want a good drink? Mix beer with tomato juice and cayenne pepper sauce....yummy!

At first, I thought 'snarky' was British then I saw you were not British....hmmm. Of British descent? I'm Italian and Irish....we can take the paint off the walls with our bad mouths..lol.
tourist
Posted 2005-10-06 1:13 AM (#33804 - in reply to #33797)

Expert Yogi

Well, we say snarky in MY part of Canada. At least us old folks, do...

But you need to know that a really good drink is beer with V8 and salt on the rim
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-06 2:27 AM (#33806 - in reply to #33674)

Yes, I do add salt and use V8. I was just trying to make it sound better. Most people look at me like I'm an alien when I make that drink. I've become a little self conscious about it.

I'm really surprised, Tourist, that you know of the V8 and beer combo. What part of Canada are you in? Canada is a beautiful place.
tourist
Posted 2005-10-06 9:59 AM (#33812 - in reply to #33806)

Expert Yogi

I am surprised that you are surprised. Canadians are world class beer drinkers

I live on the west coast. Canada IS a beautful place and I am privileged this year to be able to being seeing more of it. I was in New Brunswick in the spring (east coast, for those unfamiliar. You know, in case Dubya is lurking... ) and I'm going to Winnipeg, smack dab in the middle of the country, in a couple of weeks for my teaching assessment.
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-06 10:02 AM (#33813 - in reply to #33792)

The drink sounds yummy. all it needs is a little vodka ;-)

Sarky is short for sarcastic here. When I first read snarky I thought, fabulous, a concatenation of snarly and sarcastic

Fee

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-06 3:49 PM (#33840 - in reply to #33674)

I can make a pretty awesome homemade Bloody Mary with vodka, Fee. Yes, snarky is a great word. It's the latest addition to my vocab.

I'm one of those people who drink beer because of the taste. I love beer. I used to sneak sips out of my dad's when I was a kid because I enjoy the flavor. It's like liquid bread.

When I was a kid we'd go to Toronto or Niagara Falls and bring back cases of Molson beer and ale. Good stuff you've got up there!!!
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-06 3:49 PM (#33841 - in reply to #33674)
Subject: RE: increase your word pwr

I like to think of Michigan as Canada Jr.

My top three turn-ons are beer, hockey, and a dry sense of humor. Can I qualify as an honorary Canadian?

Since other people besides my grandmother use the term "snarky" I'm also wondering if anyone has called a pair of tennis shoes "tenny-runners"? Have you ever threatened to "smollergast" someone? Or has anyone ever threatened to "jump down your throat and gobble up your gummalums?"

And to think, my mother didn't want me reading Dr. Seuss when I was little because she didn't want me to learn a bunch of made-up words!
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-06 5:11 PM (#33848 - in reply to #33841)

jeansyoga - 2005-10-06 3:49 PM I like to think of Michigan as Canada Jr. My top three turn-ons are beer, hockey, and a dry sense of humor. Can I qualify as an honorary Canadian? Since other people besides my grandmother use the term "snarky" I'm also wondering if anyone has called a pair of tennis shoes "tenny-runners"? Have you ever threatened to "smollergast" someone? Or has anyone ever threatened to "jump down your throat and gobble up your gummalums?" And to think, my mother didn't want me reading Dr. Seuss when I was little because she didn't want me to learn a bunch of made-up words!

what does smollergast mean? i like that.

one of my favorite expressions is "chapped" as in, "it really gets me chapped when the students are late to class". I use it a lot. it's my line, and I get really chapped when other people use it.

it's best with the f-word before it for drama.

tourist
Posted 2005-10-06 7:31 PM (#33858 - in reply to #33848)

Expert Yogi

Jeans - Michigan is pretty close to Canada Jr. so I think we'll let you in as an honorary Canuck Out there you guys have weather that people think of as "Canadian" while I actually live in Canada and can only remember a scattering of winters where it was cold enough to skate on the lakes here. They don't call it the banana belt for nothing!

As for the weird expressions - yikes! New ones for me. One of my favourites, which I am begining to think is from the Maritimes is "jeezly." As in "You went to the tropical yoga retreat center and all you brought me was a jeezly little drink umbrella?"
GreenJello
Posted 2005-10-06 10:34 PM (#33866 - in reply to #33848)

anya sharvani - 2005-10-06 5:11 PM

it's best with the f-word before it for drama.

You mean fnord?
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-07 10:27 AM (#33886 - in reply to #33674)

yes. what other F word is there?
GreenJello
Posted 2005-10-07 1:07 PM (#33898 - in reply to #33674)

Futhur comes to mind.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-07 3:11 PM (#33906 - in reply to #33674)

Some of these drink receipes sound interesting.

I think one of the best ways to "detox" is through sweating. It's easier on your body than colonics and prolonged cleanses/fasts. Make your largest organ, your skin, do it's job.

Colonic therapy was never mentioned in acupuncture/Chinese medicine school so I've done my own investigation since I've gotten colonics before. My own ancient Chinese doctor (who can cure anything, I swear!) is completely against colonics. He said the qi is going the wrong way when you get a colonic. Intestinal qi needs to go downwards. Plus, he warned that colonics can tear the intestinal tissue and can cause more toxicity in the body (since the fecal toxins can get into the blood stream). Actually, a similar and more common situation is people who have a heart condition must take antibiotics prior to having dental work done. The danger is yucky bacteria from the mouth getting into the bloodstream and making it's way to the heart. The gums, like the intestines, are prone to bleed easily.

I think eating "right" (which is different for everyone), wringing out the toxins through massage and/or yoga and a weekly sauna or two is your best bet.

~
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-07 3:28 PM (#33907 - in reply to #33674)

I think you and Anya are right, Fifi. I've done some reading up on this. What I'm doing now is trying to eliminate soda and other dioxins from my diet and increase my water/green tea consumption as well as eating a lot more fiber.
The gym I used to go to had a sauna. That is an excellent way to rid the body of toxins through the skin. I'd also go sit in there for twenty minutes when I felt like I was coming down with something. You'd be amazed what a miracle cure raising the body temp is. If you create a "fever" when you are first getting a virus or cold it often kills it off right away.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-07 5:29 PM (#33913 - in reply to #33674)

Yes, Mirabella! I wish the American culture included regular saunas. There used to be a Korean sauna place for women only about 10 yrs ago in Las Vegas. Most of the Korean ladies had annual memberships. I would just pay $20.00 to drop in. There was a lobby (where the fully clothed Korean ladies would drink tea), a locker room and the very interested, dimly lit, rock lined room with a dry sauna, a steam room, a hottub and 2 walls lined with showers and little stools. The Korean ladies would scrub themselves silly with loofas. I learned there's a temperature called "hot", then there's "Korean hot". I could not even get into the hottub b/c it was like a vat of boiling water.

It would be so cool to have a place like that to go to Friday's after work instead of happy hour at the bar.

Unfortunately, the owners changed it from all female to all male. Probably a front for prostitution now.
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-07 5:54 PM (#33914 - in reply to #33674)

That sauna place sounds heavenly!! What a great way to unwind after a long week. Brings to mind the baths of ancient Roman cities.
"Korean hot" sounds like the way I take my baths! That's one of the reasons exercise wards off infections. It's important to raise your body temperature, through activity or baths/saunas, a few times a week.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-07 6:41 PM (#33915 - in reply to #33674)

Have you ever tried Dr. Singha's Mustard Bath Soak? It's sooooo yummy for hot baths. The products says the mustard helps the body to eliminate toxins in the bath.

http://drsingha.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29

(There's an upscale version of the Korean spa in Japantown in SF. Again, you pay a drop in fee and can lounge around all day. Some women would bring books to read while on the lounge chairs. I would think that would be a good business but you don't really see spas like that around town, do you?)
tourist
Posted 2005-10-07 7:20 PM (#33920 - in reply to #33914)

Expert Yogi

I feel extremely lucky and spoiled to have that great big hot tub on my deck If I had to choose though, I would have a sauna. A friend is currently building a steam room. May try that some time. I have heard about Korean hot (I presume it is the same as Japanese hot) from a friend who went to a spa with a Japanese bath She suggested that they just throw in a few carrots, onions and potatoes and call it soup!
trick
Posted 2005-11-11 2:06 AM (#36335 - in reply to #33674)

Hi - I just got off the phone with my old college buddy who is a holistic doctor these days in Sonoma, but did his med school at Duke. We are both growing very skeptical. He thinks he may have been hoodwinked, in fact. He and his wife spent 2000 bucks in Hawaii doing colonics.

He did an excellent job of convincing me to carry out a colonic. Skeptical, I searched the web for photos of mucoid plaque and other nasties living in my nether regions. Then we met for dinner one night and, like a drug deal going down, he even took me to his car to show me the system I'd have to build to do a home colonic. So I built my own "system." It was easy. It took me twenty minutes. 5 gallon paint bucket, valve, nut, tube, and then a tip that my buddy actually gave me (meant i didn't have to order 50 online). I drilled a hole, put a rubber washer on each side and screwed a nut onto the valve. Voila.

After pumping 80 gallons of water into my gut, I have seen nothing extraordinary. I just see my lunch again, after only a few hours. I called him to complain. He promised day 3 would be a very interesting day. Day four even more so.

To make a long story short, we're starting to think that those ropes you see on the internet are a hoax. We think they may be psylium husk (often mixed with benzonite clay) that has gelled in the colon, just like it would, if it were left on the counter top overnight.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to the store to get psylium. Until now, I haven't used it. I've just been using the water. 20 gallons a day makes psylium moot anyway. However, we suspect that when I consume the psylium, I will begin to see the ropes. If anyone cares, I'll keep you posted. Let me know.

At this stage, while I'm not ready to conclude anything, I'm feeling pretty good about my colon's abilities. Ciao for now.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-11-11 10:19 AM (#36349 - in reply to #36335)

Expert Yogi

Trick, this is BS and very dangerous!!!!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)