YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ayurvedic Moisturizer?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

khakikey
Posted 2005-09-30 6:13 PM (#33428)
Subject: Ayurvedic Moisturizer?

Hi everyone,

I've been using ayurvedic products to take care of my acne prone skin. Becoming a raw foodist and getting rid of EVERY single skin care manmade chemical formula in my cabinet has helped tremendously.
I don't use soap anymore and benzoyl Peroxide is forever banned. I use different herbal products like Neem and Amla powders as well as cucumber powder to clean my face and prevent it from breaking out. I wonder if there is anybody who can recommend any kind of ayurvedic moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin that could be used after cleansing.

Any natural skin regimen advice will be also greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shiva
Posted 2005-09-30 10:51 PM (#33448 - in reply to #33428)
Subject: RE: Ayurvedic Moisturizer?

why not just mix jojoba oil, or sweet almond oil, (or whatever oil is good for your consitution, or skin) with some essential oils that are also good for acne prone skin? seems like the simplest solution. or perhaps some rose water with essential oils and/or vegetable oils.

I know you said no manmade products, but i have an ayurvedic moisturizer in my cabinet by "Better Botanticals" for "normal to oily facial skin" called "Sandalwood Moisturizer." I bought it at Whole Foods Market for about $20 for 1.7 oz. i found it okay. didn't aggravate my pimples, but didn't do anything for them either.

among other things, this moisturizer contains: vetiver and tulsi extracts, sesame and peanut oils, aloe vera gel, honey, and sandalwood oil.

If you find any good recipes online, post them here. i'm interested.

Best,

Cyndi
Posted 2005-09-30 11:10 PM (#33453 - in reply to #33428)

Expert Yogi

khakikey - 2005-09-30 6:13 PM

I've been using ayurvedic products to take care of my acne prone skin. Becoming a raw foodist and getting rid of EVERY single skin care manmade chemical formula in my cabinet has helped tremendously.
I don't use soap anymore and benzoyl Peroxide is forever banned. I use different herbal products like Neem and Amla powders as well as cucumber powder to clean my face and prevent it from breaking out. I wonder if there is anybody who can recommend any kind of ayurvedic moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin that could be used after cleansing.

I love plain ole' Neem soap from the Indian store. I use it for when my skin is having break outs and then I switch to plain Sandalwood from Whole Foods market - these I use on a daily basis for cleansing. The moisturizes I use are completely Ayurvedic and can be found at this website or at any Earthfare or Whole Foods. They are called Better Botanical. My favorite all time moisturizer is the Dandelion and second would be the Sandalwood moisturizer. These products are superior in quality and are not cheap. I've been using these products for several years and is how I was introduced to the Ayurvedic concept period.

http://www.betterbotanicals.com/index.stm

Have fun, this is a wonderful shopping place for women.

Cyndi

Edited by Cyndi 2005-09-30 11:12 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2005-10-01 11:57 AM (#33466 - in reply to #33453)

Expert Yogi

P.S. I woke up this am and realized I forgot to tell you the best part of Better Botanicals...It's the Kokum Butter Body Balm. It's white and has the most delicious smell. I use it for an all over body moisturizer. Anyone who ever comes in contact with this lotion at my house always falls in love with it. Sometimes I have to hide it from Satyam, I swear he eats the stuff,
nutrovitasub
Posted 2006-05-04 6:16 AM (#51197 - in reply to #33428)
Subject: Wellness Formula

Wellness Formula is the #1-selling vitamin and herbal winter supplement. Wellness is uniquely effective because it goes deep to the root cause of body system imbalances. This Bio-Aligned Formula supports interlocking components of the immune system-mucous membranes, cell-mediated immunity and humoral immunity-and also addresses antioxidant defense, stress response, and the respiratory system. A megapotency of vitamin C, plus echinacea, goldenseal, astragalus, propolis and garlic, have made Wellness Formula a welcome companion in the cold-weather battle.
Here YOu will also find your problem solution. explore the site or search your product hope you will find this site really useful. For Contact with me you can mail me at : nutrovitasub@gmail.com

Wishing you a good luck

For Wellness Formula Products :
Wellness Formula

For More Information Nutrovita
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)