YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ITP-spleen-immunity diet??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-08-20 8:57 AM (#30088)
Subject: ITP-spleen-immunity diet??

Anyone ever heard of this disease ITP? It's an immune disorder where the body starts attacking its own platelets, causing the inability for blood to clot. My sister-in-law has had it for the past year & a half and has endured many different medical treatments, all of which have made her miserable and haven't worked.

On Wednesday she underwent a splenectomy to try and fix the problem. During surgery, there was an "event" (as the docs call it) where she began bleeding internally and her heart actually stopped for 2 minutes - turns out they had accidentally perforated her bowel in 2 places and nicked her inferior vena cava. Nice, huh? Now she's in intensive care but is coming along VERY well considering the circumstances!

Anyway, it will be a while before she gets to go home, but she's going to feel SO crappy for SO long and I really want to help. She's never been into any kind of alternative therapies, but I thought if I made her some meals that would help her condition, that might be nice (if only for the convenience while she doesn't have the energy to cook). I don't have any clue what kind of diet would be good for platelets, but since the spleen came out I'm suspecting that an immune-boosting diet might be the ticket instead. I generally cook for strong immunity at home anyway using lots of onions, garlic, fresh veggies, etc. But, it has been a long time since I focused on that and I was wondering if you guys have any tips? Or awesome sure-fire recipes?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)