YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

phytotonics? & yoga w/ period?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

danceforlife
Posted 2005-08-17 4:55 PM (#30014)
Subject: phytotonics? & yoga w/ period?

I tried a phytonic, and though I was skeptical, I have had wonderful and interesting results. It's really nothing mind boggling, it makes sense. The tonic is made up of 13 fruit nectars (not only pulp but seeds and skin) plus mineral water. Supposedly, Vitamins give humans only part of what we need and mineral water takes up slack, (makes sense). My last cycle, I experienced no PMS and minimal cramps when usually, such is quite the opposite. I've also experienced an increase in energy. It's all very interesting. Please reply if you've had experience with a phytotonic and also if you'd like to share more.
I'm also wondering if women still go to yoga even on their first day of menstration. I am a dancer and going to dance class makes my pain worse. Swimming REALLY makes my pain worse. And I generally just don't do anything the first day. Are there certain types of yoga styles that are better?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-08-18 9:07 PM (#30051 - in reply to #30014)
Subject: RE: phytotonics? & yoga w/ period?

Expert Yogi

HI Char - yes, there are great poses for menstruation. Yoga Circle.com has a nice series. I also find that dance can make cramps worse. I dance ballroom and I find the criss-cross moves in quickstep etc activate the lower abs and make me crampy. I try not to dance to omuch then if I can help it. Patricia Walden has a women's yoga book with great help for menstruation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)