YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

alergic to the sun?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

stvie
Posted 2005-08-08 12:17 PM (#29196)
Subject: alergic to the sun?

is it possible to be alergic to the sun?my mom thinks that i'am.here is a example i went swiming and i had a spray on sunscreen and rub in sunscreen and the next day it looked like i had a sunburn like my whole arm was red and in two hours my arm was back to normal.
so is it possible to be alergic to the sun?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2005-08-08 12:34 PM (#29199 - in reply to #29196)
Subject: RE: alergic to the sun?

yes, but generally speaking, people who are allergic to the sun have severe problems when they are in sunlight--so severe in fact, that they cannot be in direct sunlight--ever--without a great deal of protection for their skin, eyes, etc.

since you don't seem to have a major problem--except that you got a burn and have high skin turnover (such that it looked normal the next day). but, if you think it is a problem, have your mom take you to a dermatologist.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-08 1:08 PM (#29215 - in reply to #29196)

Expert Yogi

Stvie,

If I were you I would investigate the sunscreen that your Mother put on your body...you may be allergic to that. Both my children had reactions to that stuff, myself included. There are natural sunscreens available on the market. Try visiting Whole Foods Markets and Earthfare, they have a good selection of quality sunscreens. I can almost bet you are having a chemical reaction..not an allergic sun reaction.

Om Shri Surya Devia Nama Ha,
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-08-08 3:28 PM (#29236 - in reply to #29196)

Just to butt in . . . whenever you guys post a place to shop for natural stuff, could you maybe cite an online source too? The closest Whole Foods to me is a 2-hour drive and I've never even heard of Earthfare. I know Whole Foods doesn't offer online ordering (neither does Trader Joes ) but I'd love to hear if anyone knows of a place where we could order such items from whatever backwater town we may live in!
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-08 4:25 PM (#29245 - in reply to #29236)

Expert Yogi

Jean,

I don't know of any online natural products for suntan and sunscreens. I live in a backwater town and just have to make do with my weekly 2 hour trip to the city. Besides, if you are in a situation such as an allergic reaction, you should buy the product in person so you can see the ingredients. Or be like me and buy several till I get it right..however, whenever I purchase at WF or EF, I don't have that problem...usually. I have more problems with Shampoo and Conditioner, Nature's Gate is the brand name of the sunscreen products that I like to use. Do a google search, I'm sure there are places that sell their products online. Hope that helps Jean.
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-08-08 4:40 PM (#29250 - in reply to #29196)

I love Alba products for my hair! There is a small health food store in Battle Creek that sells them, but my main day to shop is Saturday and the shop is run by Seventh Day Adventists so it is closed on Saturdays! I should let them know that their deeply held religious beliefs are pretty inconvenient to my shopping schedule.

I've found some of the products I like on Drugstore.com, but it is sporadic. What is available once is often never seen again. I used to shop at MotherNature.com, but they went down for a while and now that they're back up they mainly sell supplements.

But, if anyone else knows a good online source of natural products, I'd love to see some posted! Especially if they are discount sites!

Posted 2005-08-11 5:00 PM (#29620 - in reply to #29196)

arbonne sells good, natural products. i'll try to get the web address for a distributor i know.

here it is: www.crueltyfreeskincare.myarbonne.com

Edited by zoebird 2005-08-11 5:03 PM
bluefin
Posted 2005-09-27 12:35 AM (#33033 - in reply to #29196)

yes people can be allergic to the su
i mean those people whose skin is very sensitive
they cant go in the direct sun
so it is advisable for them to apply sun screen lotion beofre they leave their house
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)