YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Books and beets!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

tourist
Posted 2005-08-03 7:54 PM (#28819)
Subject: Books and beets!

Expert Yogi

OK - so we are here talking about Tom Robbins and beet recipes, right?

My favourite way to do beets is roasted. Slice 'em up and put them on a salad. Yummy! What stops me from using them more is the darn mess!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-03 8:07 PM (#28822 - in reply to #28819)
Subject: RE: Books and beets!

Expert Yogi

Tourist, since you went through all that trouble to freeze the other thread...you should have put it in the diet and nutrition section, :lol

I'm done with beets for now, that was my best recipe. Tonight I am making some homemade soup from the farmer's market. They packaged together - chopped beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, green onions and cilantro and some other root vegetable that I'm not sure of the name. I'm going to throw it in a pot and cook it. Soo easy, didn't have to chop a single thing!
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-03 8:16 PM (#28823 - in reply to #28819)

I like parsely root roasted, and potatoes with rosemary, but i have never had a good recipe for turnips...

So what is the Jitterbug Perfume about? I am going to the library on friday.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-03 10:44 PM (#28828 - in reply to #28823)

Expert Yogi

Oh My GOD!! You've never heard of Turnip Greens, Ham Hocks (for non-vegans) & Turnips...with some good ole' fashioned home made southern Corn Bread with a pinch of Hot Pepper Sauce???? and some Sweeaaat Tea to belly warsh it down with,

tourist
Posted 2005-08-03 11:28 PM (#28835 - in reply to #28828)

Expert Yogi

Well Cyndi - I figured with the book connection and the way we tend to veer the topics, it was just as safe to leave it here

What is Jitterbug Perfume "about"? Hmmmm - well there is at least one story line that involved the perfume trade and the weird people involved in it. Is this the book that had the stuff about the pyramids or was that Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-08-04 1:00 PM (#28867 - in reply to #28819)

Cyndi -

It sounds like you're a really good cook. I swear I think it's a gene some people have. I had a boyfriend with that gene and he could make feasts out of leftovers I had in the fridge. Why did I break up with him?

What made me think of Jitterbug Perfume is that 2 of the characters are able to live a very long time and look youthful by eating beets and doing breathing exercises. At least I think they ate beets? Hmmm...now I'm not so sure; it's been a while since I read the book.

Tourist, thanks for locking the millionaire thread. Can you roast beets on a George Foreman grill? I'm into anything easy in the kitchen and the GF grill is very easy to clean.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-04 1:10 PM (#28869 - in reply to #28828)

Cyndi - 2005-08-03 10:44 PM

Oh My GOD!! You've never heard of Turnip Greens, Ham Hocks (for non-vegans) & Turnips...with some good ole' fashioned home made southern Corn Bread with a pinch of Hot Pepper Sauce???? and some Sweeaaat Tea to belly warsh it down with,

Gaaa! I spent my summers on my uncles farm as a girl and learned more than i ever wanted to know about a ham's hocks... enough to i know i don't want to put one in my mouth. the corn bread on the other hand....
Cyndi...Do you have a non-ham (or hock)recipe for turnips? BTW did you get my PM?

Posted 2005-08-04 1:12 PM (#28870 - in reply to #28819)

i like my beets raw. there's a raw beet soup recipe around here somewhere. . .i'll see if i cn find it: http://www.vegparadise.com/cookingwith67.html (i don't make the tofu sour cream. i have another recipe that uses macedemia nuts in a similar fashion though. i'll look for it if ya want.)

one late summer, early fall, i was so into beets. i ate them almost constantly. anyway, one day i'm doing my excretion business, and as always i check the bowl afterwards and i see all this pink! at first, i was like 'oh my god, am i bleeding?" and then it registered as 'pink' and i thought--oh yeah, beets!

i thought it might be a good idea to back off on beets for a while.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-08-04 1:44 PM (#28872 - in reply to #28819)

I like sharing receipes. The Moosewood cookbook has a GREAT Gazpacho receipe. It gets rave reviews when I bring it to a dinner party.

Yes, zoebird, I'd like your raw beet receipe.

Posted 2005-08-04 2:30 PM (#28874 - in reply to #28819)

it's up there behind the link. it's the one i use, with a few minor changes based on taste--you know how it is.

moosewood has some great recipes!
easternsun
Posted 2005-08-04 10:10 PM (#28909 - in reply to #28819)

glenda are you the new bruce? what i mean to say is...are you the new moderator?
is lorab still around? i bet she is up to her ears in books....
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-04 10:51 PM (#28916 - in reply to #28869)
Subject: Recipes...& Books and beets!

Expert Yogi

anya sharvani - 2005-08-04 1:10 PM

Cyndi...Do you have a non-ham (or hock)recipe for turnips? BTW did you get my PM?

No, I didn't get a PM...hmm?

The only thing I do when I don't use hamhocks is I use vegetable stock for soups and sauces. This is excellent with Turnips and Greens...vegetarian style. It is also good for a soup base and can be frozen.

Vegetable Stock

3-5 medium carrots
1 large sweet onion, unpeeled and cut in 1/4
3 stalks of celery (chinese celery makes this base very rich - look for it in Chinatown Markets)
1 med. leek, cut length wise in half
1/2 bunch of watercress
1 small bunch of parsley
1 small head of garlic, whole, unpeeled, and uncut (I use 2 head and I break them apart, and leave the skin on)
4 quarts of Water

1. In a large heavy pot, put all ingredients, bring to a boil and allow to simmer over medium heat for 3 hours. Stock will reduce in half.

2. Strain the stock through a fine seive or cheese cloth (use a collander if you don't have the other), extracting as much liquid as possible from the vegetables. Discard the vegetables (yes, all the nutrients are now in what we in the south call "pot liquor/licker") and reserve the broth. Makes about 2 quarts of stock. Allow stock to cool and then freeze in 1 cup portions in plastic sandwich bags. Use in soups and sauces. I usually don't freeze because I make a big soup right afterwards or I save in the frig for later. Use within 2 days if you don't freeze.

For Turnips and Greens....I use this broth as my base for cooking. I cook turnips and greens for at least 45 mins. to 1 hour because I like it that way. I believe the liquid that you get is very nutritious and is NOT cooked out. I break pieces of cornbread on a plate, then pour the pot liquor, greens and turnips over the cornbread. Put a tiny bit of hot pepper sauce on it and yummy!!

Fifi, I guess I do have that gene because I do love to cook. Several years ago I wanted to learn oriental cooking...the real way. I invited my TCMD's husband over to cook one Christmas day. I stood in the kitchen writing every step down from the many dishes he cooked. Then we kept doing it for several years on major holidays, he would come over and I would write it all down. I got some really good stuff from him. I also have an authentic Chinese chef as a really good friend of mine. He also helps me with my Asian Pan. I was at his restaurant in Atlanta tonight. He is the best and NO MSG!! I was born in the South where cooking is a real art and is almost lost. My Mother and in-laws are people who really like to cook good food and I like to cook that kind of food too!

Lastly, if your making cornbread...for god's sake...use BUTTERMILK not regular milk. That is the secret to a good corn bread...and real butter....and use an iron skillet in the oven, preheat it first. Can you handle all that???
tourist
Posted 2005-08-04 11:13 PM (#28920 - in reply to #28909)

Expert Yogi

kira - not exactly the "new Bruce" - heaven forbid! I do have some magical powers now, though Lora and Bruce are still around but I was being bossier so they gave me the job of wranglin' you ornery little critters.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-04 11:16 PM (#28922 - in reply to #28920)

Expert Yogi

Well, there goes the neighborhood, I'm gonna get kicked out for sure now,
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-05 11:42 AM (#28953 - in reply to #28819)

Thanks for the recipe Cyndi!

I sent you a message on diet recommendations for dogs with sensitive tummys... I will try again, unless Yoda's feeling better.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-08-05 11:48 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-05 12:36 PM (#28959 - in reply to #28953)

Expert Yogi

Thanks Anya,

Actually Yoda is holding his own right now. I've been cooking chicken and rice for him and this seems to agree. I've also added a live organic algae to his diet as well. He is going for Acupuncture on Tuesday. I spoke with my Chinese Doctor and he thinks Yoda will benefit from this. I am fortunate to live in a an area with a famous Animal Acupunturists....that is when she is here and not in California. We shall see. Yoda's problems are not just from one cause, I think he has several issues he is dealing with...unfortunately, most modern vets don't have a clue about dogs, much less how to deal with the meridian channels. I really am happier with a dog on a raw food diet...Pat McKay has the best one, hopefully I can get to a point where I can stop cooking for Yoda.

Also, I do not believe for one minute that dogs can be vegetarians successfully (and I don't want to argue about this)...even if there are people doing it and what they think is successful, I'm not comfortable with it...especially for Yoda and the Rottweiler & Doberman breeds. Take care,

Cyndi
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-05 1:16 PM (#28968 - in reply to #28819)

I am glad he is doing better. I volunteer at a shelter so I have access to lots of vets, and their recommendation was soft cooked rice and chicken and chicken livers. there is a canned version by Hill's made especially for dogs with digestion issues that you can get from your vet.
My cat loves Reiki. When I get it done by my friend she purrs like mad and wants to lay on the table.

I always fed my dogs meat, and raw too. I think that supplimentation is never as good as the real thing, and you have to suppelment so much so they get all their efa's, etc.

I laugh at dog and cat food labels that say "human grade" meat. have you ever seen a cat eat a mouse? no human grade parts there!

Ok, back to topic!
I am going to try to roast some beets and give them another try.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-08-05 1:19 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-06 10:41 AM (#29044 - in reply to #28968)

Expert Yogi

Well Anya, that is me...cooking every day Chicken and Rice. I'm having to soak my utensils in bleach just to get that bloody smell out of my kitchen - YUKK!! Although, it sure does smell good when it's cooked...my dog is spoiled rotten, LOL!!! Anyway, the Hill's you mentioned..is that the same company that formulated Hill's Science Diet?? I think I'm going to veer away from the processed food - period. It would be nice if I didn't have to cook when I travel, but hey, I can buy chicken at any grocery store.

Well, the little kitty that I rescued from the movie theater went to the animal shelter yesterday. I hope he gets a good home. They are a no kill shelter. I think I'm going to get out of the animal rescue business...but only if I knew how...they practically land in my lap and there is no way of NOT helping them. I must have this unseen animal rescue sign that surrounds my aura for only animals to see, cause they always end up at my front door or where ever I go.

Cya later,
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-06 11:09 AM (#29046 - in reply to #29044)

It's the same brand. It's called Hill's Prescription Diet I/D, and it's usually prescribed by the vet specifically for pancreatitis or colitis... It would give you a break from the kitchen once in a while!

Posted 2005-08-07 1:35 AM (#29095 - in reply to #28819)

cyndi:

i certainly respect that you aren't comfortable feeding your dogs a vegetarian diet, and i don't think anyone was going to argue with you about it. but there are a lot of dogs--including breeds like yours or those dogs who are mixed breeds with some of your dogs' breeds in them--who are very healthy on vegetarian diets.

certainly, cooking their dog it's food isn't for everyone either. i don't feel comfortable feeding a dog or cat commercial dog food--mostly because of the quality of the meat it's made from (it's terrible quality btw==even the most expensive brands!). I certainly don't judge others for choosing to feed their dog these foods, and neither do i judge people who choose to feed their dobes or rotties vegetarian meals.

you know?

as to doggie/animal body work--i do a lot of thai yoga massage on different animals. they love it and the results are almost instantaneous. it's really awesome.

Edited by zoebird 2005-08-07 1:36 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-07 11:29 AM (#29104 - in reply to #29095)

Expert Yogi

My experience has been that with dogs, vegetables simple do not agree. Sure, my rottie loves raw carrots for treats, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is good for them, per se. Also, if a dog is hungry enough, he will eat his vegetables, that doesn't mean that it is good for them. Having that said, raw food is the best diet. I've seen dogs do miracles with the Pat McKay diet and used it on my Samoya several years ago. Every time I took her to the vet she had perfect health, and perfect weight. Dogs are made to eat small animals, such as rabbits and mice that have fed on a vegetable diet. Dogs eat the meat, the bones and the vegetables from the kill. That is a natural diet for dogs. If you want to alter that and force them into vegetariasm, fine, but that is not natural for them and their nature. In India/Nepal it is the vegetarian kingdom of the world....the dogs there eat meat and bones! Although, dogs cannot eat or digest Ghee, it is very bad for them.

Yes, I know all about the commercial dog food. My brother works for Nestle/Purina who makes the Pro Plan and ONE products. Actually, he says the quality control is pretty good there. They just add to many preservatives and fillers for my dog sensitive needs.

Yes, I too do Yoga massage for Yoda. Although, I don't call it that due to having learned different methods of different types of massage over the years. I'm looking forward to the Acupuncture session this week.

Posted 2005-08-07 12:14 PM (#29112 - in reply to #28819)

cyndi:

since i don't have dogs, it's not an issue for me. if i did have dogs, i'd probably feed them cooked meat, because of fears regarding food poisoning, you know? if i ever do have dogs, i'd likely cook for them. i simply don't think that dog food is healthy. And, i don't necessarily think that vegetarianism is appropriate for dogs.

but, i do know that there are dogs who are on healthy vegetarian diets who do very well and live normal, long, active lives. So, apparently it is healthy for them and/or ok for them, regardless of whether or not you or i would do this to/for our dogs or whether or not we're comfortable with doing so. I tell most vegetarians that if they want vegetarian pets, they should probably seek out vegetarian animals--like rabbits. I certainly have no qualms feeding my rabbit a vegan diet (which currently includes pellets, but only at a minimum) because that's his body, yo!

i think my point about it was that i believe that most pet owners are striving to do their best for their animals. most people love their pets. So whether they're feeding that pet rather cheap and crappy processed dog food or giving it raw chicken bodies or cooking for it or whatever, they're often trying to do well by the animal because they care about it's health. I think that was my only point in mentioning it.

this does not mean, of course, that i'm naive about people abusing animals. to me, this is largely an issue of lack of education about animal care, followed by a great deal of other 'issues'and 'problems' that lead to more extreme abuse. I consider 'animal dumping' to be abuse, but that's largely a cultural issue of seeing animals as commodities that can be bought and then tossed rather than as living creatures with their own special emotional/psychological as well as physiological needs. So, a lot of animal abuse, IMO comes from cultural perspectives and lack of education--not necessarily from a place of real ugliness.

i also simply wanted to say that i don't think a person who is feeding their animal a vegetarian diet (cat or dog, that is) is necessarily abusing or harming their animal. Perhaps it isn't what i would choose--but as long as the dog is well fed and thereby healthy, then i feel that it is an appropriate diet. Also the dog-vegetarian diet is actually quite low on veggies. YOu mention that you cooked your dog chicken and rice. a lot of vegetarian dogs are given corn, rice, beans, and other various grains--as well as some vegetables--as the bulk of their meals. They're also fed cooked eggs (in many cases). So, the diet isn't a bunch of carrots or stalks of broccoli. it's mostly grains--which are found in most commercial dog foods and in recipes for home-made dog foods. i think the differences are actually rather slight between the vegetarian recipes and the non-vegetarian ones, particularly looking to the amount of meat that one uses in those recipes, you know?

anyway, it was just thoughts on how animal care can be difficult, but still good care for the animal. I'm certainly not going to say that I would feed my dog a vegetarian diet (like i said, i don't have a dog anyway, but if i did, it wouldn't be vegetarian), but i wouldn't stop someone else from doing it, if they felt that it was in their dog's best interest and capabilities.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-07 12:49 PM (#29115 - in reply to #29112)

Expert Yogi

zoebird - 2005-08-07 12:14 PM

cyndi:

since i don't have dogs, it's not an issue for me. if i did have dogs, i'd probably feed them cooked meat, because of fears regarding food poisoning, you know? if i ever do have dogs, i'd likely cook for them. i simply don't think that dog food is healthy. And, i don't necessarily think that vegetarianism is appropriate for dogs.

Well, if you don't have dogs and experience with them...why are you even commenting on the subject with any kind of authority Zoebird?? Your talking to someone who has successful healing experiences with dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, hamsters, parrots and wildlife rehabbing - professionally and non-professionally. My situation with Yoda is an *unusual* one. I'm not in a critical state with him, he's stable and because of my experience, we will find a *natural* solution for him. Sure, I could stop the loose stools and his vomiting after car rides easy with *western* medicine for dogs...I'm not going to go that route, because I'm taking this much deeper in seeking the solution to his actual problem.

As for the food poisoning issue...IF you provide fresh food and properly store it, you will not have this issue. The reason Yoda is not given raw at this time is because he is adjusting to coming off a commercial dog fed diet, he's in a weaning process. I prefer raw over cooked, but cooking chicken and their organ meats is acceptable and is almost close to natural as it gets for my dog at this time. I want to cook it so that the digestion process is already started for him. As for grains...they are NOT good for dogs. Grains are the fillers I was talking about in my previous post...this is what Nestle/Purina uses in their plants.

People that use commercial dog food are NOT abusing their animals. I fed my doberman 3 or 4 different kinds of commercial food...he did okay with it as most dogs do. But, for dogs with medical problems and issues, the natural diets and natural cooked food is best and helps with their healing process without giving them unnecessary meds and loading their systems down even more with JUNK! Again, I've seen miracles happen with these raw food and natural diets after animal owners have exhausted themselves financially and mentally with their vets who only practice with their their pills. Take care,

Cyndi

Posted 2005-08-07 1:21 PM (#29116 - in reply to #29115)

Well, if you don't have dogs and experience with them...why are you even commenting on the subject with any kind of authority Zoebird??

just because i don't have dogs doesn't mean that i don't have experience with dogs. I can comment on this topic because i do have experience and i have also done a great deal of research on the topic. Simply because i don't have a dog now doesn't mean that i'm inexperienced or uneducated.

I have many friends who all all sorts of varieties of dogs and feed them all sorts of diets. i have helped them prepare meals for their animals and i have extensively studied animal nutrition to help in my work at various animal shelters and rescue groups. I've worked in both domesticated animal rescue and wildlife rehabilitation. Just because i don't live with all of these animals at a 24 hour basis doesn't mean that i don't know what i'm talking about.

I've been involved in this work since i was in college, so it's been 11 years now. I think that 11 years of research and work in the field gives me enough knowledge and experience to speak on this topic with some authority.

Your talking to someone who has successful healing experiences with dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, hamsters, parrots and wildlife rehabbing - professionally and non-professionally.

excellent. i've never done it professionally, but i've also had successful healing experiences with any number of animals--not excluding psychological trauma that many animals go through. Often, i am the one called in to specially rehab those cases who they believe have such severe behavoiral problems that they won't be able to rehab and make the animals adoptable. I take a great deal of care in my work--using nutritional treatment, body/energy work, and various other care techniques to get these animals rehabbed.

you ain't the end all and be all of animal knowledge. Other people can have experience too.

My situation with Yoda is an *unusual* one. I'm not in a critical state with him, he's stable and because of my experience, we will find a *natural* solution for him. Sure, I could stop the loose stools and his vomiting after car rides easy with *western* medicine for dogs...I'm not going to go that route, because I'm taking this much deeper in seeking the solution to his actual problem.

i don't ever remember mentioning my thoughts on your care of Yoda. In fact, i feel that you're doing the best job possible and i think that's awesome. I certainly support alternative treatments, i feel these are often better than western 'cures' ecause these 'cures' often come with their own side effects.

everything that i said was not to advocate what you should do with Yoda, but to simply state that in general, a vegetarian diet can be healthy for dogs. Since you stated in general you wouldn't feed a dog a vegetarian diet, particularly dogs of the breeds that you have, i made a general statement that it is possible for dogs to be healthy on these diets. it wasn't a position about how you should care for Yoda and his special circumstances.

As for the food poisoning issue...IF you provide fresh food and properly store it, you will not have this issue. The reason Yoda is not given raw at this time is because he is adjusting to coming off a commercial dog fed diet, he's in a weaning process.

i think that fresh is operative and relative. most people wouldn't eat raw beef or chicken from the local grocer (even though our omnivorous bodies can handle it fine) because of the risk of food poisoning. From slaughter to grocer shelf, it's certainly doens't seem "fresh." i think that for me to give an animal raw food, i would have to get it 'just slaughtered' on a daily basis. Since i do this with my husband (though i cook his food), it wouldn't be a problem for me to do so for a dog. One of my friends (who has newfoundlands and is a raw vegetarian) gives her dogs raw chicken (organs, bones, and all), as well as raw beef occassionally. She gets her stuff straight from the farm--like we do. I feel comfortable with this. I may also feel comfortable with 'fresh frozen'--but even so i think that cooking is a good precaution.

prefer raw over cooked, but cooking chicken and their organ meats is acceptable and is almost close to natural as it gets for my dog at this time. I want to cook it so that the digestion process is already started for him.

i'm glad that you have a preference. other people have other preferences. could it be that these preferences are, in general, equally good? perhaps not good for specific dogs, like Yoda, but in general i think that any number of dietary choices can be healthy for dogs.

As for grains...they are NOT good for dogs. Grains are the fillers I was talking about in my previous post...this is what Nestle/Purina uses in their plants.

in both the vegetarian and nonvegetarian cookbooks for dogs, i find a number of recipes that include grains as well as information about how or why these can be or are acceptable for dogs. i'm not just making stuff up. i don't necessarily think that grains are the best foods for dogs, any more than broccoli is. I'm simply stating that they're used in most modern dog diets--including the 'science diet' type commercial dog foods (high end, vet stuff). apparently, it's not per se harmful for dogs to consume grains.

People that use commercial dog food are NOT abusing their animals.

i didn't state otherwise. in fact, i stated the exact same thing. i do not feel that any person who is looking to their dogs health to choose a diet--be it commercial dog food, vegetarian dog food, vegetarian home made, omnivore or meat based home made, or raw meat.

But, for dogs with medical problems and issues, the natural diets and natural cooked food is best and helps with their healing process without giving them unnecessary meds and loading their systems down even more with JUNK! Again, I've seen miracles happen with these raw food and natural diets after animal owners have exhausted themselves financially and mentally with their vets who only practice with their their pills.

my friend treated her dog's cancer with a predominently vegetarian diet. it home made. she only ate meat once or twice a week. this was recommended by a holistic, alternative vet. the dog also recieved a great deal of alternative care such as acupuncture and energy work. the cancer was cured. Obviously, i don't believe--via this experience which is only one example of many that i've seen--that the only or best diet for healing all medical conditions in dogs is a raw or cooked meat diet.

i think that it entirely depends upon the individual needs of the animal. since you're not dealing with cancer, but another digestive concern, then another diet is or may be more appropriate. it's also a matter of your experience and research in regards to Yoda Personally. certainly, i hope that you wouldn't have told my friend that she was wrong or abusing her dog because she fed her dog a diet that cured the dog's cancer and was recommended by a vet who only uses western medicine as a last resort. Again, i wasn't discussing Yoda's particular needs, but the general sentiment that i was getting from your posts.

As to diet, i feel that it's the number one priority of animal care. It's what will make for a healthy, happy animal. my rabbit, once we adjusted his diet, had major changes in his health. He doesn't display any of the symptoms or manifestations of 'geriatric' rabbits (rabbits his age). He seems very young and very fit and active. new vets will ask us if he's still a year or so old. In the past year, though, his eyesight started to change. when we adjusted his nutrition, and it completely reversed (the vet said there was nothing we could do, as far as she knew). We made the adjustments, he responded quickly. So, he's doing great and as active as ever (if not more active than the younger rabbits in our group of friends who socialize the rabbits with each other). Our vet says that if he keeps on like this, he'll probably outlive the oldest living house rabbit (on record)--who died at 18 years. We hope so!

also, i think that the issue of healing most disease through nutrition should also be applied to humans. i wish more humans would take as good of care of themselvse as they do their dogs! it's kinda nuts, isn't it? how people will give their dogs the best diet possible, exercise, and medical and alternative care, but often won't do so for themselves. I always find that kinda ironic. Anyway, nutrition is the first course of action, i think, whether we're treating an animal or a human.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)