YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

knee injury
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

yogalover
Posted 2005-07-22 4:53 PM (#27956)
Subject: knee injury

i'm new to the forum, but find it informative........my problem i have got soem problem in knee cap so it pains now in most of yoga poses i do home practice through dvds..i'm on biggner's level..nowadays i do poses which doesnot hurt any more my knee but a problem i get tired after practive, can nay one tell Y is so?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-07-22 8:51 PM (#27969 - in reply to #27956)
Subject: RE: knee injury

Expert Yogi

Hi yogalover. It is very hard to tell what the problem is without seeing you. Do you have any teachers nearby you can go to? There is a lot of discussion on the Bikram thread about knees and how to use them safely. Mostly you need to make the quadriceps do the work by engaging them strongly in standing poses. Do not push the knee backwards to make the quads work. Practice sitting down and make your kneecap move up toward your thigh. We call it "lifting the kneecap." If your heels come off the floor, you are pushing the knee back so you need to start again. Learn that action very well.

Also, any time you bend the knee it must go in a straight line and not go past your ankle. If you do Virabhadrasana II (warrior II) standing on the edge of your mat, watch to make sure the knee tracks straight on that line and stop when your knee is directly over your ankle. It must move very straight - like it is on a train track.

Which dvd do you use? Someone here may be able to tell you if it is a good one. I hope this helps.
sangeetha
Posted 2005-08-02 6:24 AM (#28706 - in reply to #27956)
Subject: RE: knee injury

hi yoga lover, first of all, its not advisable to do any yoga with such problems unless you visit a yoga therapist regarding a problem. sometimes, if done unknowingly can give adverse effects. i suggest you to please visist a yoga therapist before doing any yoga.
massagelondon
Posted 2005-08-05 7:15 AM (#28938 - in reply to #27956)
Subject: LONDON MASSAGE THERAPY STUDIO

who is 'yoga therapist'?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)