YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Millionaire Mind Moment Check
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

themanifestman
Posted 2005-07-14 12:03 PM (#27351)
Subject: Millionaire Mind Moment Check

July 14 2005, Check the EGO at the door
A lot has been written about the Ego and how it drives us to become what we are, but I would like to suggest that the Ego could be the biggest distracter to manifesting success. It is the Ego that has a hard time with GOD wanting us to be successful and the EGO can’t seem to let God do his thing, It wants to drive the Car if you will. I have an acronym I like to use for the Ego it is Edging God Out, and that’s what it does it wants to drive our cars. I can think of many times in my life where I received what I call divine inspiration to do something and the EGO would immediately put the sense of fear or a sense of confusion in my path to stop me from doing that in which I wanted to do, and it was usually successful in stopping me.
God wants nothing but success for us and we need to follow those divine inspirations and leave the ego at home.

Make it a great One

Todd
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-07-14 6:44 PM (#27376 - in reply to #27351)
Subject: RE: Millionaire Mind Moment Ch

Expert Yogi

Todd - these are very interesting things you are posting but I wonder if you are interested in actually discussing with us or just posting these blurbs? It feels a little on the preachy side to pop in, post something you think we all need to know and never comment on our replies. I'm sure a lot of members have stopped readng them already. Can you give us some background on why you feel thes messages are improtant to us? Can you share something about your yoga practice?
themanifestman
Posted 2005-07-15 1:13 PM (#27426 - in reply to #27351)

Sure, sorry if it sounds preachy, Actually it was meant to help people, but most sermons are I guess. I practice yoga a couple times a week and I meditate daily.
I started Millionaire Mind Club, becuase I believe that most people don't understand that they truly can have a life that they dream about. Most people and I would say 98% dont belive in manifesting and how the Law of Attraction works. And I am making it my lifes mission to show a.) how it has worked for me and b.) how it can work for them.

Make it a great One
Todd
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-07-15 4:54 PM (#27435 - in reply to #27351)
Subject: RE: Millionaire Mind Moment Check

So our dreams will come true if we drink gano? Hmmm...then how come there aren't 6 billion millionaires in China?

Your post is just an advertisment.
tourist
Posted 2005-07-15 7:04 PM (#27445 - in reply to #27435)

Expert Yogi

Well fifi, since there is no direct link to his page, it is probably ok at this point. It is all 80's human potential get-rich-and-be-happy stuff whcih is nothing new. And I'm not scoffing at it either - many people have made positive changes in their lives by including some of those principles. I know a few who have also made themselves obnoxious, self-involved and cash-rich, friend-poor. Its all in what you do with the information and techniques, isn't it?

So Tood - assuming you want to participate here - where does yoga and meditation fit into your scheme of things? What benefits do they bring to you?
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-07-17 9:49 PM (#27538 - in reply to #27435)

*Fifi* - 2005-07-15 4:54 PM

So our dreams will come true if we drink gano? Hmmm...then how come there aren't 6 billion millionaires in China?

Your post is just an advertisment.

can i still get my "in the egg egg scrambler" if i act now?
Lennie
Posted 2005-07-31 2:49 PM (#28543 - in reply to #27445)

Just happenened by and thought I'd comment :

" It is all 80's human potential get-rich-and-be-happy stuff whcih is nothing new"

Money and success can assist in grand change for good. If you want to protect a forest, you can lie down in front of a bulldozer or buy the forest. Which actually creates change?

And why must everyone who is cash rich be labeled as obnoxious, self-involved and friend-poor?

Just curious?
tourist
Posted 2005-07-31 8:04 PM (#28566 - in reply to #28543)

Expert Yogi

Hi Lennie and welcome I have no objection to money! And I have no objection to people who make money, esepcially if they use it for casues like buying the forest. And having money, even a lot of money, is not, as some believe "non-yogic." Serious yogis with money use it to the common good. The Iyengar family supports many causes and is now investing in schools and things in BKS's home village of Bellur.

It just is not great netiquette to jump into a forum with a lot of unsolicited information, especially the kind that reads more like an infomercial. Maybe I am just grumpy and old but I lived through the whole 80's human potential hoo-haw and if I want to read up on my money making mantras, I can buy the books at the second hand store. If someone wants to come on the forum and discuss yoga or whatever else is the going topic and some of their philosophy is part of the discussion - fine. Whole other thing.
tourist
Posted 2005-07-31 8:06 PM (#28567 - in reply to #28543)

Expert Yogi

I have no idea what happened there!
easternsun
Posted 2005-07-31 8:26 PM (#28572 - in reply to #27351)

that is trippy...glad you can see it too glenda!
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-07-31 8:41 PM (#28573 - in reply to #27351)

Did someone say money was bad? Greed is the bad guy, not money.

Look, our fellow yogis and yoginis might be "way out there" but one thing they're not on this website is lacking in integrity. While your product maybe interesting, the marketing is transparent and obnoxious at best. Some of our teachers on this site teach pro bono for the shear joy it brings them. That is success.

Don't take us for fools.
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-07-31 9:56 PM (#28585 - in reply to #28567)

Expert Yogi

tourist - 2005-07-31 8:06 PM

I have no idea what happened there!

Probably an html closing tag that is missing from one of the
previous posts.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-01 5:18 PM (#28653 - in reply to #27351)

I would like to point out that I now have a star under my name. It came with the rotiserrie I ordered.
tourist
Posted 2005-08-01 10:43 PM (#28692 - in reply to #28653)

Expert Yogi

You ARE a star, my dear! What on earth would a nice vegetarian yogini want a rotisserie for? (now zoebird will come on and give us vegetarian rotisserie recipes )
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-01 11:25 PM (#28696 - in reply to #28692)

tourist - 2005-08-01 10:43 PM

You ARE a star, my dear! What on earth would a nice vegetarian yogini want a rotisserie for? (now zoebird will come on and give us vegetarian rotisserie recipes )

she will. and they will be good too. can you rotisserie a spagetti squash?
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-08-02 12:18 PM (#28736 - in reply to #27351)

I'm looking for some good beet recepies - for real. Has anyone tried the golden beets? Has anyone read "Jitterbug Perfume" but Tom Robbins? A MUST read for every pranayama-ing, beet-eating yogini!

PS Welcome to the galaxy, Anya!

PPS Hey! Why don't we juice beets and sell it as a cure-all? We can become millionaires$$$
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-02 1:44 PM (#28743 - in reply to #28736)

Expert Yogi

Fifi,

Are you serious?? I don't like golden beets, they tastes very bitter to me. I like sweet red beets. When I'm on my monthly thing, when I drink the following soup, it makes me feel like I'm putting my blood back into my body...especially after the first couple of days,

My TCM doctor gave me the following beet soup recipe. Its very good for women when we are on our periods. It calms the spirit, soothes the mind, moistens the skin, nourishes the blood and increases energy. I'm going to type it as per her instructions cause its kinda cute. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 1 beet, 1 tomato, 1 stalk celery, 2 stalk of cilantro, 2 pieces of sausage (optional) 1 teaspoon garlic, ginger and vegetable oil.

Preparation: Cut beet, tomato, celery, and sausage into small pieces.

Cook: Add 3 Tblsp. oil, and 1 piece of ginger into frying pan until brown. Next, add tomato and saute` until soft, then add beet and celery, stirring occasionally for 2 mins. Add to 1 bowl of water and the sausage and let boil for 5 mins. ( she means add 1 bowl of water to the above mixture and boil for 5 mins). Remove from the fire, and add salt, cilantro or chopped garlic if desired. (for pitta - add cilantro, kapha and vata - add garlic)
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-08-02 2:00 PM (#28745 - in reply to #27351)

Yum! I'm going to try this receipe. Beets are sooo good to cleanse and build blood but I get tired of drinking beet juice. I'm not much of a gourmond but this easy soup receipe sounds like something I can handle. I haven't tried the golden beets but they've got to be excellent for the spleen (being yellow and a root) and for the heart (being bitter). The bitter part is hard to take. I think juicing yellow beets with an apple, maybe a clove of garlic and some celery...mmm....
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-02 3:53 PM (#28753 - in reply to #28736)

*Fifi* - 2005-08-02 12:18 PM

I'm looking for some good beet recepies - for real. Has anyone tried the golden beets? Has anyone read "Jitterbug Perfume" but Tom Robbins? A MUST read for every pranayama-ing, beet-eating yogini!

PS Welcome to the galaxy, Anya!

PPS Hey! Why don't we juice beets and sell it as a cure-all? We can become millionaires$$$

Thanks!

*and*we can go on random forums and spout vague tony robbins blather!
(no offense the the TR fans)

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-08-02 3:53 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2005-08-02 8:43 PM (#28772 - in reply to #28745)

Expert Yogi

*Fifi* - 2005-08-02 2:00 PM

Yum! I'm going to try this receipe. Beets are sooo good to cleanse and build blood but I get tired of drinking beet juice. I'm not much of a gourmond but this easy soup receipe sounds like something I can handle. I haven't tried the golden beets but they've got to be excellent for the spleen (being yellow and a root) and for the heart (being bitter). The bitter part is hard to take. I think juicing yellow beets with an apple, maybe a clove of garlic and some celery...mmm....

You want bitter for your heart?? After all we are right dab in the middle of summertime and this is the time of the heart and bitterness, LOL!! Or is that for a bitter heart? Have you ever tried Bitter Melon?? I like the Chinese/Taiwainese BM better than the Indian (Indian is really really bitter). I just make a sauce of Rice Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Green Onions Chopped, Garlic, and Ginger. I don't measure this, I do it to taste with mostly Rice Vinegar being the main ingredient. I let that sit for 30 mins - 1 hour. Then I take chopped BM, add it to boiling water for only 1 -2 mins. (depending on your level of bitterness), add it to the sauce. Let it sit for a few minutes, then enjoy with steamed rice. That is usually my dinner.
tourist
Posted 2005-08-02 8:57 PM (#28775 - in reply to #28753)

Expert Yogi

Oh yes - I have read Jitterbug Perfume! My son gave it to me. Whew! What a trip that was!
easternsun
Posted 2005-08-03 10:17 AM (#28795 - in reply to #27351)

well, this thread certainly stayed on topic

i crave borscht but have no access to beets. i have never seen them here. i would grow my own if i had a bit of land or some space on the veranda.

tom robbins is just the best! i always wonder why the powers that be in hollywood havent made more of his books into movies...hmmm...
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-08-03 10:50 AM (#28798 - in reply to #28775)

tourist - 2005-08-02 8:57 PM

Oh yes - I have read Jitterbug Perfume! My son gave it to me. Whew! What a trip that was!

Why have I not heard of this book/author? should I be reading it?

I dislike beets.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-08-03 10:50 AM
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-08-03 6:57 PM (#28812 - in reply to #27351)

Tom Robbins is a very funny author. "Jitterbug Perfume" is an easy and enjoyable read. If I had a copy, Anya, I'd send you one. I'm sure the local library would have a copy.

I don't like beets either but I've been inspired to incorporate them into meals. Who knows, maybe brussel sprouts will be next.
tourist
Posted 2005-08-03 7:52 PM (#28818 - in reply to #28812)

Expert Yogi

I'd like to freeze this thread and move it ot a new topic, if you don't mind. Then people will know what we are discussing better and we won't be assisting the spammer....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)