YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Millionaire Mind Moment Reader
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

themanifestman
Posted 2005-07-11 7:19 PM (#27122)
Subject: Millionaire Mind Moment Reader

July 11 2005, Readers are Leaders
This weekend at our home was a bit chaotic; we had relatives from all over at our place for a weekend stay/family reunion. This morning after they all left my wife looked at me and said well at least tonight we can get back to normal! That got me thinking to what is “normal” in life. One of the answers I came up with is that Change is one of the few sure normality’s in life, it is normal for things to change.
We live in a changing society and as technology increase so does the speed of change, just think back 5 years ago, Tivo and Ipod were not even invented, yet today they are household words. In today’s society one must read to stay in tune to what’s going on, if we don’t technologies and evolutions in human development will pass us by and we will sadly be left at a social and economic disadvantage. Make today the day you set out to become a reader. It takes 5 books to become an authority on a subject—notice I didn’t say expert—by reading for 1 hour a day , you can knock out a normal size book—150-175 pages—so in 5 weeks you can be an authority on something you are not one on today, keep doing that over a year and you can become an authority on ten subjects—again I did not say expert—so start reading that hour today it does not have to be all at one it can be twelve, five minute sessions, it doesn’t matter. Just read for that hour
Make it a Great one and Go have a Slurpee (it’s 7-11)
Todd
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-07-11 8:39 PM (#27134 - in reply to #27122)
Subject: RE: Millionaire Mind Moment Re

Expert Yogi

Todd - did you take a lot of those human potential seminars in the 80's? I don't mean to poke fun, but that is sure how this post reads....pun intended I absolutely LOVE to read and the internet has helped so much because I can always find something to read! Books are amazing and yes, you can learn an awful lot from them. I have however, met some of those people that think they have become an authority on a subject because they have read five books on it - scary! Let's just say they can carry on a somewhat decent conversation on a subject with someone else who has also only read about it. Put reader-guy in with anyone who has the same number of hours in practical experience and guess who is the weakest link?

Nevertheless - are you currently reading something interesting? Care to give us a book report so we can discuss it here? Could be fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)