YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windsor Pilates
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> PilatesMessage format

osangrl
Posted 2005-07-06 10:24 AM (#26799)
Subject: Windsor Pilates

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Canadian living in South Korea.... so getting pilates video's and going to pilates classes is near impossible.

I was able to download Windsor pilates 20 minute workout... consists of many core excercises for the stomach, and moves to a short side kick section.

I have been doing this workout 3 times a week ( in the evenings ) on top of my 1 hour morning workouts.

Im wondering who else has experience with this video? What results have you seen... if any?

Thanks in advance!

Sara
Top of the page Bottom of the page
yogagirl
Posted 2005-07-06 6:44 PM (#26828 - in reply to #26799)
Subject: RE: Windsor Pilates

i do't no about pilates but i have a question ....-- dose pilates actally work ??? imean can it really shape and tone your body in a week ??? that seems totally impossible ???
reinbeau
Posted 2005-07-06 8:32 PM (#26834 - in reply to #26828)

No, it won't tone and shape your body in a week, nothing will!  Stick with it, though, and it will tone, shape and strengthen.

As for Winsor Pilates, I've heard the videos are fairly good, I've not used them.  
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-07-11 8:41 PM (#27135 - in reply to #26799)

I hear good things too . . . very user-friendly especially for people who have not tried Pilates before.

I've tried a variety of different DVD's (Gaiam, Power Pilates, Stott) and also taken some live classes (Stott) and have become a HUGE Pilates fan! By which I mean, I enjoy it very much - not that it has made me huge. Just the opposite, I'm less huge now!!

No, you won't look like Daisy Fuentes in a week, but you will begin to feel stronger and more balanced pretty quickly. Any low back pain will start to subside. It depends on how often you do the exercises and how hard you work (REALLY work it, not just go through the motions). I'm seeing a much flatter tummy, and a more hourglass shape to my figure. I feel great, too, really strong. Plus my thighs are getting firm and slim and my upper arms are getting some beautiful definition. I really started in earnest this past April, but I do 8-10 sessions per week which is a lot for most people (I work in a fitness ctr so it's easy for me to fit it in).

I should add that I haven't lost much weight from this pursuit, only 5-8 lbs. But I look like I've lost 20! I'm down almost 2 dress sizes.

PowerPilates.com also has sessions you can download, and there are some GREAT books out there you could try. There are two by Alycea Ungaro that are fantastic, very easy to follow and very effective. Amazon could probably ship to you in S. Korea, huh? Not too sure but it seems like they are EVERYWHERE!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)