YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

balancing chakras question
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

well-being
Posted 2005-05-22 7:57 AM (#24522)
Subject: balancing chakras question

Hi,

I just started reading a book about chakras, "Chakras balancing" by Anodea Judith and it seems to me that she doesn't show how to actually balance the chakras.She talks about excessive and deficient characteristics of each chakras, but doesn't say how to balance them. I have something from both excessive and deficient charasteristics and I am afraid that I might energize some of the chakras too much or vice versa by doing the exersices she is talking about.
Anybody knows hoe to actually balance the chakras?

Thank you.

Edited by well-being 2005-05-22 7:58 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2005-05-22 7:29 PM (#24538 - in reply to #24522)
Subject: RE: balancing chakras question

Expert Yogi

If you go to General Yoga and click on the Still Pondering thread, I posted the mantras for balancing the chakra's the day before yesterday, along with the explanation and the Sanskrit names for them. You do visualizations and chanting in this particular exercise. I got it from Deepak Chopra's Chakra Balancing CD. I really love to do these exercises and I really like Deepak Chopra a lot. I like his voice and how he takes you through the meditation. I especially like to do this exercise after a very stressful day (to me, stress is when I have many things to accomplish in one day whether it be fun stuff or work stuff -stress is stress). Have fun.
Kush
Posted 2005-07-11 11:03 PM (#27144 - in reply to #24522)
Subject: RE: balancing chakras question

Lam = (Middle) C
Vam = D
Ram = E
Yam = F (sharp)
Ham = G (sharp)
Om = A
Ng = B

The hand positions and the mantras given in the website someone posted...eclecticenergies..I think it can be even more effective or at least you can try it with the proper sounds. You can get the right sound form almost any instrument.. paino for eg is good... not distorting and basic. Maybe some music basics kind of learner cd out there has musical notes/scales so if you don't know music that well it can help...or if you use toning forks or a singing bowls that might work too. Of course if you are a singiner or musician you've got it in your head already so should be a ok.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)