YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anxiety
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

sky
Posted 2005-05-10 8:42 PM (#23842)
Subject: anxiety

can anyone tell me the best yoga for anxiety an breathing problems! :
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-05-10 8:49 PM (#23844 - in reply to #23842)
Subject: RE: anxiety

Expert Yogi

Sky - my standard answer for this is "the yoga you DO" is the best. The yoga you discuss or think about or watch on a dvd is not going to help you much. A well rounded practice of asana and, when you are ready for it, pranayama, is the best. I see you are in the UK and there are loads of yoga teachers there. Find one that you like or is close enough and the price is right and give it a try. There are many people on this board who can tell you how yoga has helped with their anxiety and other problems. The number one thing to do is get started.
sky
Posted 2005-05-10 8:54 PM (#23845 - in reply to #23842)

thanx ill have to have a look for the best places to go because i havnt got a clue about yoga only someone recommended it to me
tourist
Posted 2005-05-10 11:12 PM (#23853 - in reply to #23845)

Expert Yogi

sky - we usually recommend Iyengar yoga since it is very good at helping you learn alignment and the teachers are well trained. I don't think you will find Anusara teachers in the UK but they are similarly often recommended. I know nothing about the British Wheel of Yoga except that they do accredit teachers and they are a large organization. You might look into them. Best of luck!
exan
Posted 2006-01-20 9:05 PM (#41565 - in reply to #23842)

Hi! I myself also suffer from anxiety or breathing disorder. I'm quite doing well now, controlling upcoming attacks and my breathing. The important thing is to accept and understand what 's your problem and things to do to overcome it. Yoga really helped me a lot on having a clear mind, body and soul as well as mental peace. I choose to have a private session in our house. As there's also a lot of yoga practitioner here in the Philippines, I prefer hatha and iyengar yoga. Staying in focus and in control is the key! Always try to practice breathing in and out through your nostrils in a slow and rythmicall pattern. It took me a year to overcome this disorder, with patience and a lot of practice, you too can get back to living a normal and healthy life again! BREATHE
Orbilia
Posted 2006-01-23 5:35 AM (#41711 - in reply to #23853)

The British Wheel of Yoga are the main accedititing body in the UK. They have the Iyengar Institute and the Bihar School of yoga as members for example.

Fee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)