YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Im not a vegetarian because;
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

Im not a vegetarian because;
OptionResults
1. I don’t see any benefits of being a vegetarian1 Votes - [4.76%]
I think its not healthy to be a vegetarian2 Votes - [9.52%]
I Like to be a vegetarian but Im greedy and I cant avoid tasty meat dish7 Votes - [33.33%]
I like to be a vegetarian, but it will be a trouble to my family and fri4 Votes - [19.05%]
I think the concept of vegetarianism related to Hinduism and I do not wa0 Votes - [0%]
I do not feel sad about animals2 Votes - [9.52%]
Its just that I cant be bothered about food this much.1 Votes - [4.76%]
You can be non-veggie & Hindu, it is a personal matter, not a requirement2 Votes - [9.52%]
We evolved as omnivores2 Votes - [9.52%]
Add your own option:
This is a multiple choice poll.

Thushara
Posted 2005-05-02 2:25 AM (#23270)
Subject: Im not a vegetarian because;

Hi guys.. Ok here it goes.. Please don’t mess-up ., but still if you see another valid point of why you are not a vegetarian, please add it., I keep the option open.. Please please don’t mess up

Thanks

Ok the field length is not enough for soem points.. So here it is

3. I Like to be a vegetarian but Im greedy and I cant avoid tasty meat dishes when I see them at dinner.

4. I like to be a vegetarian, but it will be a trouble to my family and friends., they will have to prepare special dishes for me.

Edited by Thushara 2005-05-02 2:29 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-05-02 9:09 AM (#23271 - in reply to #23270)
Subject: RE: Im not a vegetarian because;

Oops, I didn't see your extended version of #4. It's not so much a problem for my family and friends to prepare special dishes, but it is sometimes a problem at home if it means I have to cook a totally separate dish for my husband. He doesn't mind cooking for himself, but if I'm in there preparing something I like to be able to cook for him. So, it's easier to make something that includes chicken or fish and have both of us eat it.

Also, sometimes it costs more and takes longer to cook in an all-veggie way, so in a way that creates a burden for the family too.
Thushara
Posted 2005-05-04 2:53 AM (#23436 - in reply to #23271)
Subject: RE: Im not a vegetarian becaus

Results shows yogis are greedy ????
easternsun
Posted 2005-05-04 8:27 PM (#23491 - in reply to #23270)

i am veg but dh is not (yet)

i am one of those people who cooks two seperate meals most nights. breakfast is easy. we have a deal that he eats lunch out with his mates and gets his main meat intake there. i always make lots of veggies and try to use meat as a side dish (easy to do in japan).

i do have to make rice three times a day - my least fave task since his return is the three times a day i stand at the sink washing rice.

since returning from india dh says he doesnt want to eat beef and pork anymore - yeay! we will see how it goes, i dont push and hopefully he evolve from the dark side

it is a lot more expensive to cook vegetarian in japan especially if you go for organic foods. slowly but surely he is seeing the light!

we remain humbly the vegetarian and the beast...he he he just kidding - he is lovely.

incidentally, he told me that vegetarians smell different - or rather lack odour - anyone heard/experienced this?
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-05-04 9:59 PM (#23498 - in reply to #23491)

Expert Yogi

Sure, meat eaters eat dead animals --- isn't in to be expected that
they would smell like death?
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-05-05 10:18 AM (#23541 - in reply to #23270)
Subject: RE: Im not a vegetarian because;

On the program "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" one of the regular hosts said that vegetarians "fart all the time and smell like garlic." How rude!! Tho I do like garlic . . .

Pass the soap and breath mints!
easternsun
Posted 2005-05-05 8:11 PM (#23604 - in reply to #23541)

jeansyoga - 2005-05-06 12:18 AM

On the program "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" one of the regular hosts said that vegetarians "fart all the time and smell like garlic." How rude!! Tho I do like garlic . . .

Pass the soap and breath mints!

this reminds me of my "juicing phase" and how i was completely unaware that i had insane garlic breath - until several people mentioned it
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)