YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Male Clothing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

psimmons
Posted 2010-05-29 10:24 AM (#123230 - in reply to #21276)
Subject: Re: Male Clothing

I started in surfing shorts and moved to a speedo. Speedo makes the practice easier. That is the reason I use them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bennerdan
Posted 2010-06-05 1:09 AM (#123344 - in reply to #21276)
Subject: RE: Male Clothing

ya, i hear you. i am with you on compression shorts and have done yoga in them since i started. i have one pair from years ago that were actually bike shorts without the chamois. they were wearing out so i started looking at other options:

speedo: hell no

wrap/yogi looking things: not for another 5-10 years of practise when i look like Gandhi

cotton yoga shorts from everything yoga: a waste of money. hit at the knee, so they pull down when wet and you bend your knee

nike dryfit runner shorts: ok, but were like a wet swimsuit after about 10 minutes, plus i couldn't see my leg/upperquad and glute tighten up like i could with compression shorts.

after purchasing the last two, i said screw it and went back to my old biker/compression shorts. i found a new pair recently of adidas that dont look like underwear as much as underarmor does. they are a little thicker and less revealing, but it's really the least of my concern if someone is checking me out. i've had some pretty attractive ladies in my classes, but after a few poses i forget they are even there. so id guess you might feel self conscious but most are aiming for survial after a few minutes in class instead of having an internal dialogue about someones package or body shape.

at the end of the day, guys have penises...
FinnOutlaw
Posted 2011-08-28 7:46 AM (#209111 - in reply to #21276)
Subject: Re: Male Clothing

New User

While I am not sure about wearing a speedo...but I can totally appreciate wearing something a bit shorter. The first few times I went, I was hiking my shorts over my thighs half the time until I finally found some shorts that worked for me. As for electrical charges or things like that...the jury is still out...but I might finally break down and buy some of the men's bikram shorts because it just makes sense
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)