YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my back is killing me!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

easternsun
Posted 2005-04-05 9:54 AM (#21150)
Subject: my back is killing me!

too many Urdhva Dhanurasanas you say??

no! it is from my new life as a student

last week during the entrance exams i got some serious pain between my shoulder blades. i was concentrating very hard - kanji (chinese characters) slays me! i assumed it was just the test.

well, i passed --yeay!!

so i am officially a uni student AGAIN

i am a shortie but my legs are really quite long for my body. the desks are quite small and i have trouble keeping my feet flat on the floor. i need to stretch them out in front of me (if no one is sitting there). today my back really hurt again. the pain seems to go away after class...i guess i am just not used to sitting all day.

i have ten minute breaks between classes. it is enough time to --well at this point -- find my next class!!

i dont suppose they will allow me to bring my balance ball to school

any tips from those of you who do sit all day?? -- it just isnt my cup of cha.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-04-05 10:16 AM (#21155 - in reply to #21150)
Subject: RE: my back is killing me!

easternsun:
It is not your back that is killing you, but it is you who is killing your back. So, look back carefully. And, you will get back your back.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
tourist
Posted 2005-04-05 7:43 PM (#21216 - in reply to #21150)

Expert Yogi

If you get a chance, do some twists in your chair or bring your hands into reverse namaste, maybe. Good luck!
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-08 12:30 AM (#21426 - in reply to #21150)

Oh I didnt see this .. Congratulations !!!..You are smart !!!

Kira now,, how do you manage your university studies with yoga teaching and yoga studying?

I like Kulkarnns reply.. But make sure there is no guy sitting behind you.. Otherwise there will be a misunderstanding

Im a person who sit in front of my computer continuously more than 8 hours., even I eat in the same position some times so I’m used to it and I never get back pains (at least so far) I think you will be ok when you are used to it.

Good luck for your studies

Edited by Thushara 2005-04-08 12:32 AM
tourist
Posted 2005-04-08 10:02 AM (#21434 - in reply to #21426)

Expert Yogi

>>I never get back pains <<

Thushara - you are young and you do yoga. Those are two good reasons why you don't get back pain yet.
easternsun
Posted 2005-04-10 8:28 AM (#21558 - in reply to #21150)

i am trying to do twists in my seat although there is a wall on one side and a human being 3 centimetres away (wish i was joking!). i am going to do some reverse namastes between classes, thanks for the suggestions.

brother neel - sound advice as usual

i think what is really going on is...fear, anxiety...all the good stuff! manifesting itself into phantom killer back pain. i am thinking about it and will try to be aware of when it happens and see what is going on with me at the time.

i have already noticed that as soon as i dont understand what is going on i start to panic and get negative thoughts coursing through me. i caught it once on friday and i had to stop myself and say (to myself,in my head ) "hey, you are NOT the only one who doesnt have a clue what is happening right now!" for some reason, i sit there selfishly thinking that i am the only one who doesnt get it.

then i was fine again. AWARENESS AWARENESS AWARENESS

i just have to keep telling myself to be AWARE. maybe i should be telling it to myself in japanese instead

how am i managing so far? well, i am trying to be incredibly organized! doing lots of food prep. ahead of time (the freezer is now full of sauces, soups, etc), mentally scheduling things like laundry (no dryers here), shopping , etc.

i am getting up at 6 am so that i can get an hour of asana practice in before i clean my house and check my email from my yoga students. i am painfully aware of the fact that might daily practice (asana practice anyway) may suffer a bit while i am in school. i am trying to come to terms with that. i wont die if i dont get to practice for two or three hours everyday! i just keep thinking about that!

my students have all arranged their yoga classes around my schedule and i promised myself i would not take any new students until the end of the semester.

i am taking a break from ikebana .....too bad as that is one of my ways of relaxing!

i usually study yoga before bed -- and wake up with "anatomy of hatha yoga " on my pillow and the lights on!

i studied for a solid ten hours today with two breaks to walk the block and stretch my legs.

the way i look at it, things are ok for now! the real mess begins when dh returns home and i have two to take care of again!

thanks for the good luck wishes! i am going to need them
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)