YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calf Muscle Injury
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

Pauly44
Posted 2005-03-26 11:13 AM (#20099)
Subject: Calf Muscle Injury

Hi,
I'm new to this site but would really appreciate some advice on the above problem. I have a problem with my calf muscles in that a few years ago I used to do a bit of jogging but kept getting cramp in the calf muscle. I started doing yoga about two years ago which I do at home using a Barbara Currie video. I do about twenty minutes every morning then another 15 minutes of rowing machine and exercise bike. The problem is about two weeks ago, when with my son watching him play football, I turned to get the ball and experienced a sharp pain in the middle of my right calf (not the usual cramp pain I used to get). I found it very difficult to walk for the first few days afterward but eventually everything was back to normal(or so I thought). Twelve days after the first injury I went to run across the road and bang, same again, except this time I could not walk at all due to the severe pain when putting pressure on this leg. What I would like to know is there any exercise in yoga that would benefit me in getting rid of this problem, or am I causing more damage. Although I love doing yoga I am really an amateur at it and any input from other more knowledgable members would be greatly appreciated. Also, advice on different types of yoga, yoga instructors and healing/beneficial foods to feed the organs /muscles. What is a reasonable amount of yoga to do every day? I do about 20-25 minutes. Thank You. Paul J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)